+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 977: The Party's Off!!!

Default Re: Chapter 977: The Party's Off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That was hilarious. It will be even harder for him if Luffy's little fleet decides to drop in on this arc.
    When that happens he will feel like a kid.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Jinbe would've prevented Luffy from being separated at the start.
    You're right. And Jimbei probably would have pulled the ship up the water fall himself. Cool but maybe not as adventurous if the wild coy aren't there.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Well there has to be more about Jinbe.

I love that he is in finally but hmit feels so anticlimactic...

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Hooray for AP! It's a big shame that it was down when Jimbei came back and joined; I would have loved to see the live reactions from folks here. I saw way too much angry bitching about it for some reason in some other places. Still, to the folks in charge who got AP back and up running, thanks so much for all your efforts!
    Since I'm assuming this thread can act as a reaction to both of the previous chapters, under the circumstances: Jimbeiiiiiiii That made my heart so, so happy when he finally showed up. So excited to have him on the team going forward.

On a different note, I liked in this chapter how Law showed that he's learned from experience with the Straw Hats. "Listen, those dummies are gonna Leeroy Jenkins the shit out of everything no matter what, so let's just include that in the plan from now on."

And Kid's reaction to Jimbei joining the Straw Hats kinda cracked me up, too. He's just like "C'mon, are you friggen for real right now?" Good luck continuing to try to pretend you're anywhere close to Luffy's equal, Kid. Though on a different note, that moment that showed that the other Kid Pirates have adopted Killer's laugh to show some solidarity with him was surprisingly sweet.
    On the Jinbe joining topic: For me, it's one of those things like... The main thing people go for when they don't want him to join is they don't like his personality. For me his personality's always been fine, I've never gone crazy over it, but I've never had any negative reactions to it. But still, I can understand people wanting another weird person on the crew. Even though Jinbe's weird in a lot of ways, starting with the fact that he's a whaleshark fishman who knows karate. But regardless of all that. One thing that can't be denied is this dude's contributions. He's directly saved Luffy out of certain death situations at least twice. And then has saved the crew out of many dire situations. So like his personality or not, his contributions to the crew can't be denied. And for me, the crew's such a circus sometimes that a complete straight man is a great idea. And Jinbe's shown he's REALLY good at planning, so I'll be happy to get some uber-serious plans in the future.

On his joining moment (from other posters): He joined back in 2011. And again around 2016-2017. This was his "yay he's finally actually on the ship" moment. So all it's doing is cementing that he's on the crew, not meant to be some big moment.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Hey hey hey, Kid could get new members for his crew after this too. if Law got Jean Bart, Don Sai got Baby 5, Cabagge got Suleiman, etc.

Besides he's obviously going to realize he needs a bigger crew, even if the Fleet doesn't show up.

Diabetic Empress Eleganza Miss Saturday's Avatar

Did you see that? As soon as that blue potato man joined the crew the forum went down for like a month. Longest it's ever been down.
    An ill omen; I told y'all him joining wouldn't be good. It's all downhill from here on out.

The downtime was before the Joimbeitime, your argument is invalid.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

I go missing from the AP Forums for 10,000 years (or 2 years, I guess), to come back to a downed site. But thank god the site is back now! Now, with that out of the way... *takes deep breath*

JINBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*takes another deep breath*EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEI!!! He's finally a permanent member of the crew with no more leaves of absences! Though, Luffy might have to gorilla glue him to the side of the Sunny just to be safe lol.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Honestly, I was kinda expecting Jinbe to show up around this time, because him coming in just in time to save the day would be way too predictable for Oda, since we already knew he was coming. That's why I'm pretty confident Nekomamushi is gonna show up in the very near future as well. Whoever appears at the last minute to turn the tides of the battle, it's gonna be someone we don't know it's coming.

I wonder if any of the tobi roppo will break the mold or if they are all going to be dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That was hilarious. It will be even harder for him if Luffy's little fleet decides to drop in on this arc.
    Kid feels like he'll be a major showstealer.

Kinda want to see what Oda's been setting up since Punk Hazard.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

I wonder how many people are still expecting Jimbe to die.
    Wash your hands.

So next chapter were probably gonna get to see the flying six

do you think we’ll also get to see the numbers, Kaido’s son, and the major Big Mom characters who will get fights this arc

Yeah, perfect timing to let us now about all of the main characters in the bad guys team, after all, they're all at Onigashima.

Afterwards, I don't know if we're closing Act III with the bad guys realizing they are being attacked, or we're still far away from ending Act III

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Yeah, perfect timing to let us now about all of the main characters in the bad guys team, after all, they're all at Onigashima.

Afterwards, I don't know if we're closing Act III with the bad guys realizing they are being attacked, or we're still far away from ending Act III
    How many members of big mom’s crew do you think will get there own Fights? Whether one on one or team fights

I assume Perospero, oven, Daifuku, smoothie, Compote maybe Galette and mont D’or

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    How many members of big mom’s crew do you think will get there own Fights? Whether one on one or team fights

I assume Perospero, oven, Daifuku, smoothie, Compote maybe Galette and mont D’or
    I'm still pretty conflicted with the whole Big Mom Pirates factor. but if anyone is down with Carrot/Shishilian vs Perospero, I'm down as well.

Also, Law and Kidd aren't the type to be gently with women, so any of those two could take down Smoothie.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Kid feels like he'll be a major showstealer.

Kinda want to see what Oda's been setting up since Punk Hazard.
    His purpose is to get fodderized by Big Mom for destroying her ships, while his power will be stolen by Blackbeard shortly after. Getting his ass kicked by every single Yonkou is just karmic justice!

Of fall the times for the forum to be down its the week Jinbe finally joins. Ah well.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Am I the only one who got the impression that Kaido and his son aren’t on good terms?

Ok Chapter 976 was released the same week as Jimbei's birthday! His birthday is April 2nd! Almost 2 years exactly since he said he needed to stay behind! I think spoilers actually began to appear April 1st or 3rd, maybe 4th. When ever it was it seemed mighty suspicious. When half the world was home depressed Oda threw us a bone.

His full body reveal was a little off though. Looked like the Anime C team drew it. Looked like he lost some weight. Luckily this chapter he was round, ripe and ready for the pickin'! Look at that face! Remember when people argued he didn't smile? To be fair at that time I didn't think he was joining either. I think back then the only time we saw him smile before Fishman Island was the Luffy pseudo crew color spread from Impel Down.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information