+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 320 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 6382

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Put a mask on him and he could pass for Jason

I mean, if Jason let himself go maybe.

I'd say he's closer to Belial from the Basket Case movies but those movies always wanted you to sympathize with Belial some (even tho he murdered the shit out of people...)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    So he's a flawed human being like the rest of us and made bad calls while on presidency?

[insert shocked pikachu face]
    Did you feel bad for George W Bush in 2008?

He's got that awkward gait and that hunched big guy look down tho. Shave his head, strap a hockey mask on him and make him do that child like head turn and you've got a passable Jason cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

I just want this to be over. Right after that Pennsylvania case got thrown out, they did a press release in which they say exactly what I was afraid of is the goal.
    That's spin. They're trying to make their 34th loss in a row look good to their base that doesn't understand what an EXTREME PREJUDICE verdict means, and that doesn't understand how the supreme court works. Their master plan is NOT somehow tied to badly losing constantly and not having a single shred of fake evidence to use..

If that IS actually their master plan, they're even dumber than we thought and they really should hire an actual lawyer and get rid of Guilliani.

As for everything else you're worried about? Two main reasons.

1. There's still a Georgia runoff in a few weeks and that'll decide the power of the senate. So they can't afford a party split right now. As is, saying the elections are rigged might be turning their base away anyway, but...

2. They've gone lockstep with him this whole time and shielded him. They CAN'T break from him now. "If you shun him now, why didn't you in January when he was impeached and before Covid?" is not something they want to deal with. They have to pretend he was totally legit and good the entire time, no matter how crazy he gets now.

For some of them its because of blackmail (Grahm's pedo collection) or debt to the russian mob (McConnel's steel plant) but for most its just pure appearance for political theater. You don't know the names of like 47 of senate members and none of the house members, and they prefer to keep it that way. They just want to stay out of the spotlight, so they can't drop him *right now*.

They're afraid of his base too, they don't want them pissed at *them* next week, in 2022, and 2024, splitting the party, or Trump running off and forming his own party entirely. Fox news voters are splitting off because Fox isn't extreme enough or them after calling it for Biden!

3.Come Jan 21, a LOT of criminal charges are coming down on Trump, and at that point they have to pretend innocence and that they never realized anything was wrong, because a lot of them are going to be in trouble if they can't pretend that. Trying to change election results is a pretty serious crime by itself, let alone whatever else they've done.

But republicans that are in safe states, or who actually have a future like Romney, ARE calling it out as bullshit, and and the lower level its being universally overturned. Election monitors, judges, etc, completely bipartisan at all the lower levels, there's no vast conspiracy of every republican breaking the country for this.

So, that's your main reason there. It's NOT because they actually believe Trump or that anything at all will come of it, but because if they just sit tight for a few more weeks the problem of Trump and his base takes care of itself. If they do literally anything, the crazy people get mad at *them* for not supporting Trump. So nothing and in two years they can still pretend to like him if they need to.
    Last edited by Robby; November 22nd, 2020 at 10:46 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Most people I see online are treating this like posturing. Like they have zero chance. But there's a part of my brain that won't stop saying "ALL they need to do is get ONE of these up to SCOTUS and then their new stooge can hand him the election."
    They need to get multiple cases up to SCOTUS. No one state is enough to give Trump the election if Biden loses it for any reason. Losing no single state is even enough to drop him below 270 electoral votes. Voting laws and regulations are state-by-state, so any verdicts would, presumably, also be state-by-state. While it's true that State B might be able to use State A's verdict in its favor, but that would still be its own independent case and it would need to be that State A's situation is even applicable to State B.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    No, but nothing you said is on the Obama book, would put in "his a bad person" book.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    No, but nothing you said is on the Obama book, would put in "his a bad person" book.
    Agree to disagree.

Has anyone else noticed that in Obama's new book he kind of admits to being a bad person?
    The more relevant question, to me, is "does it really matter, at this point?"

Alternatively, "Okay, and?"
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Between him stealing an election, stumbling into both the War On Terror & Iraq (which of course bled over into Obama's presidency), poor response to Katrina, him presiding over numerous death sentences as Governor of Texas, his ties to Enron, him being one of the key names responsible for the Financial Crisis of 2008.

Not much to feel sorry for him over.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Is you is, is you ain't on my team?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; November 22nd, 2020 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Tony Blinken will be Joe Biden's Sec of State.

Good news. Also it's boring news. Things are finally healing.

Didn't know Ray Romano decided to get involved in politics.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

That's the rumor, anyway. Biden's going to make his cabinet choice announcement on Tuesday, apparently.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorobo Neko
    Tony Blinken will be Joe Biden's Sec of State.

Good news. Also it's boring news. Things are finally healing.
    I'll gladly take boring, but functionally sustainable over exciting, but dysfunctionally unsustainable news any day. Remember, there were people who legitimately wanted Trump to win because they would find his antics very entertaining, regardless of whether it got things done or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red
    Between him stealing an election, stumbling into both the War On Terror & Iraq (which of course bled over into Obama's presidency), him presiding over numerous death sentences as Governor of Texas, his ties to Enron, him being one of the key names responsible for the Financial Crisis of 2008.
    You forgot Hurricane Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red
    That's the joke the Trump stans are turning on other Trump stans and in process ensuring that there will be a civil war within the party.

Hopefully this works and Mitch McConnell gets assfucked once more by his and Trump's idiocy.
    Ah! I see what you mean! As for Moscow Mitch, I think at this stage, his attempts to continue party obstructionism will only serve to make him look like an even bigger pariah now that he no longer has Trump's coattails to ride on. I don't care if he got elected back into his Senate Majority leader position, he needs to resign and get out of the public eye.

Hopefully this works and Mitch McConnell gets assfucked once more by his and Trump's idiocy.[/QUOTE]Ah! I see what you mean! As for Moscow Mitch, I think at this stage, his attempts to continue party obstructionism will only serve to make him look like an even bigger pariah now that he no longer has Trump's coattails to ride on. I don't care if he got elected back into his Senate Majority leader position, he needs to resign and get out of the public eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill
    The thing is that the core of his supporters have become more cult like than identification with the GOP, and this radicalization of the far right is not going away with out a crackdown on the bigoted and fascist behavior of them.
    More right wing conservatives are noticing that the GOP and FOX News is not giving them the needed support to vent their ideology, with the populist fascist rhetoric of the Trump cult they mighty have a better place to flourish.
    That's the great scary part, the dent in democracy that Trump victory in 2016 and his 4 years rule caused are still be lingering - unless all his skeletons are shoved out the closet and the cult sees his king is indeed naked - politicians will be able to bank themselves on the Trump legacy.
    Honestly, this self-fulfilling prophecy of creating a Trump-centered party for the purposes of obstructionism defies all logic. I mean, Trump didn't unify the nation during his tenure and now this party thinks that they can because "Trump can do no wrong"? The hubris from all this is off the scale! I mean, there really is no way that such a party can get power unless the Democrats did something extraordinarily stupid that can cause a massive political tidal wave to shift over to the right or the Trump party!

I mean, at this stage, the American people need to seriously start embracing objectivity in politics! The Trump administration should've been a good, HARD lesson into the fallacy of one-sided politics, which accomplishes nothing but divisions not only between Americans, but between friends and families too, something politics should NEVER do!
    Last edited by Kaba Kaba Fruit; November 22nd, 2020 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    You forgot Hurricane Katrina.
    Sorry, Republicans said the poor response for that was on Obama will fix.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Sorry, Republicans said the poor response for that was on Obama will fix.
    No worries. I think FEMA policies had improved under Obama if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    Honestly, this self-fulfilling prophecy of creating a Trump-centered party for the purposes of obstructionism defies all logic. I mean, Trump didn't unify the nation during his tenure and now this party thinks that they can because "Trump can do no wrong"? The hubris from all this is off the scale! I mean, there really is no way that such a party can get power unless the Democrats did something extraordinarily stupid that can cause a massive political tidal wave to shift over to the right or the Trump party!

I mean, at this stage, the American people need to seriously start embracing objectivity in politics! The Trump administration should've been a good, HARD lesson into the fallacy of one-sided politics, which accomplishes nothing but divisions not only between Americans, but between friends and families too, something politics should NEVER do!
    Believe a third worlder when he calls on the dangers of populism leadership, which Donnie has embraced.

With nearly all votes counted, the 2020 presidential election wasn't that close

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...close-n1248608

An Excerpt:
    Spoiler:
    Whatís gotten lost in all of the focus on President Trumpís lawsuits, his baseless accusations of voter fraud and his administrationís unwillingness so far to begin the transition is a simple fact.

The 2020 presidential election wasnít really that close.

Right now, Joe Bidenís popular-vote lead over Trump stands at 4 percentage points, 51 percent to 47 percent ó and itís only going to grow once more of New Yorkís votes (finally) get counted.

That would give Biden the second-largest popular vote margin out of the 21st centuryís six presidential elections, with only Barack Obamaís 7-point win in 2008 being greater.

When it comes to the Electoral College, the tally stands at Biden 306, Trump 232 Ė which happens to be the exact same split as Trumpís 2016 win versus Hillary Clinton (but in reverse). And Trump referred to that as a*ďmassive landslide victory.Ē

Bidenís ahead by 154,000 votes in Michigan (greater than Trumpís 10,000-vote winning margin there in 2016).

Heís ahead by 81,000 votes in Pennsylvania (nearly twice Trumpís 44,000-vote win there four years ago).

And heís ahead by more than 20,000 votes in Wisconsin (almost the same as Trumpís 23,000-vote victory there in 2016).

On top of those leads, Biden also narrowly flipped the traditionally GOP-leanings states of Arizona and Georgia.

The 2020 presidential race looked close the 12 hours after the first polling places closed on Election Night.

But nearly three weeks later ó with almost all the votes counted ó itís now safe to say the Biden-vs.-Trump contest wasnít that close.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information