+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 322 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 6424

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    There's a documentary on it, directed by John Carpenter. They say it's pretty good.
    Mano .

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    Damn, the forums have been around for like a week again and I forgot to check if they're back on. Would have been fun to follow the elections with you guys. Was too lazy to search for the right Discord link.
    Wouldn’t call 5 days of insomnia fun but it was what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/na...0-0857890ff489

That couple who waved guns at people in a protests are now suing the photographers for make them look bad.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

"Let's spend over half a trilion to the Pentagon instead of everything else." Man, this Senate is a joke.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-spending-bill

House majority for the democrats, with 5 more seats to be won. A though race this time.

Y'know, I was hoping there would be more time after Biden Won where I could just feel happy but here we are only a few days after Pennsylvania is called and the Anxiety is tricking back in and all I can do now is wonder WHICH underhanded thing they're trying is going to give Trump the presidency again.
    Will one of the lawsuits actually go through? Will they somehow convince enough faithless electors?

I just want it to be over... can it please be over already?!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Not simply that both parties need to change their strategies involving voters Republicans in particular need to retire the Southern Strategy while tuning out those in political positions that won’t, coddling and spoiling the rich(which includes themselves), stop keeping their voters dumb, deaf, & blind, stop trying to starve and keep people sick and hurt, and trying to send this country back into the early mid 1900’s.

And given the direction the party’s been trending in since about 2001/2003 That sure as shit ain’t happening.
    unforunately shackling themselves to Trump means they've only dug themselves deeper as a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Kamala Harris, and she's only 56.
    what?!
    i thought she was like 39 lmao

The Caribean and working out keep people young.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Preparing a C O U P.

what's the point when they're gone in two months

but the longer he doesn't concede, the uglier this gets....

Also, with out naming Biden, Bolsonaro threatens military conflict over the Amazon saying if that if economical sanctions are placed:
    "When the spit(diplomacy) ends, there must be gunpowder." Can you guys, you know, nuke Brasilia? No hard feeling, actually a rogue tomahawk missile or a MOAB would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Y'know, I was hoping there would be more time after Biden Won where I could just feel happy but here we are only a few days after Pennsylvania is called and the Anxiety is tricking back in and all I can do now is wonder WHICH underhanded thing they're trying is going to give Trump the presidency again.
    Will one of the lawsuits actually go through? Will they somehow convince enough faithless electors?

I just want it to be over... can it please be over already?!
    At this point I'm 100% sure Trump knows it's over and he's just trying to grift as much money from his supporters as he can before leaving office, while simultaneously keeping the GOP from turning on him because he's "planning to run again in 2024".

The only option still available to Trump as far as stealing the election goes is for the Supreme Court to lie on his behalf and hand him the presidency for no good reason.
    They may be biased and corrupt, but that's pretty far out even for 2020.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...1/10/day-1391/

Day 1391: "A smooth transition."

Spoiler:
    1/ Attorney General William Barr authorized federal prosecutors to investigate “substantial allegations” of voter fraud – if they exist – before the results of the election are certified, despite no evidence of widespread fraud. In a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy, Barr wrote that investigations “may be conducted if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State.” In Barr’s directive, he said he had already approved probes related to the 2020 election “in specific instances,” but did not elaborate on the circumstances or whether they remained open. (New York Times / Associated Press / Politico / Washington Post)
    • Trump’s campaign filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania to block state officials from certifying President-elect Biden’s victory in the state. The lawsuit, brought by the campaign and two registered voters, alleged Pennsylvania’s mail-in voting system “lacked all of the hallmarks of transparency and verifiability that were present for in-person voters.” (Reuters / Bloomberg)
    2/ The Justice Department’s top election crimes prosecutor resigned in protest after Barr authorized U.S. attorneys to probe alleged elections fraud. Richard Pilger told colleagues in an email that Barr’s memorandum breaks with the Justice Department’s policy on avoiding interference with elections that has stood for 40 years. A Justice Department official confirmed that the department is “looking into” allegations of ineligible voters in Nevada and mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania. (NPR / NBC News / CNN / Axios / The Guardian)
    3/ Secretary of State Mike Pompeo ignored Biden’s victory and claimed there will be a “smooth transition” to a second Trump term. “We must count every legal vote,” Pompeo said. “We must make sure that any vote that was not lawful ought not be counted, that dilutes your vote if it’s done improperly, gotta get that right. When we get it right, we’ll get it right.” When asked whether the State Department was prepared to engage with Biden’s transition team, Pompeo replied: “There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration.” (CNBC / Bloomberg / Axios / The Hill)
    • Trump installed Kash Patel as chief of staff to new acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller. (Wall Street Journal)
    4/ The White House budget office instructed federal agencies to proceed with plans for Trump’s February budget. “The decision to proceed with Trump’s budget for the 2022 fiscal year has rankled and surprised several career staffers given Biden’s victory, as well as the fact that the incoming Biden administration is expected to submit its budget plan to Congress early next year.” The White House budget proposal is typically issued in February, which would be at least two weeks after Trump leaves office. (Washington Post)
    5/ The White House continues to vet political appointees for Trump’s nonexistent second term. The White House Presidential Personnel Office is in the process of vetting candidates for job openings in the federal government and the White House intends to fill early next year. (Daily Beast)
    6/ The Biden-Harris transition team is considering legal action if the Trump administration doesn’t formalize Biden’s win and give him access to agencies and transition funding. The General Services Administration is tasked with “ascertaining” the results of the presidential election, but GSA Administrator Emily Murphy, a Trump appointee, has refused to sign the paperwork to begin the transition. Biden, meanwhile, called Trump’s refusal to concede the election an “embarrassment” that “will not help his legacy.” (CBS News / Wall Street Journal / CNBC / ABC News / The Guardian)
    • Trump’s adviser leading his post-election challenge tested positive for the coronavirus. David Bossie joins Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who both contracted the virus in the past week. (Bloomberg / CNBC)
    7/ The FDA issued an emergency use authorization for a monoclonal antibody therapy to treat mild to moderate coronavirus infections in adults and children. The single antibody treatment is similar to the therapy given to Trump after he contracted the coronavirus. Eli Lilly said that its treatment should be administered as soon as possible after a positive coronavirus test, and within 10 days of developing symptoms. (New York Times / Bloomberg / CNN / Washington Post)8/ Lawyers can’t find the parents for 666 migrant kids separated by the Trump administration – a higher number than the 545 previously reported. (NBC News)
    9/ Trump removed the official in charge of the program that produces the federal government’s scientific report on climate change. Michael Kuperberg, a climate scientist who had been executive director of the U.S. Global Change Research Program since July 2015, had been expected to stay on through the production of the fifth edition of the congressionally mandated National Climate Assessment. The move comes days after the White House tapped Betsy Weatherhead to lead the climate study. (Politico / Washington Post)

poll/ 70% of Republicans do not believe the election “free and fair” despite no evidence of fraud. (The Guardian)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

really? 70%? that is stupidly too high. can one of the 30% just say he's being a big baby already?

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    really? 70%? that is stupidly too high. can one of the 30% just say he's being a big baby already?
    There's your reason.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

ugh.......good point.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    At this point I'm 100% sure Trump knows it's over and he's just trying to grift as much money from his supporters as he can before leaving office, while simultaneously keeping the GOP from turning on him because he's "planning to run again in 2024".

The only option still available to Trump as far as stealing the election goes is for the Supreme Court to lie on his behalf and hand him the presidency for no good reason.
    They may be biased and corrupt, but that's pretty far out even for 2020.
    Step 1: They get the courts to at least put a stay on officially certifying the votes in at least two of the crucial states while the lawsuits go through. This keeps Biden Officially under 270.

Step 2: Keep the lawsuits going until past when the official certifications are supposed to be due on 12/14.

Step 3: Evoke the 12th Amendment. If neither president has the 270, congress picks the president. Republicans then bully the Dems who fold on everything to just vote for Trump.

Trump Wins.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Step 3: Evoke the 12th Amendment. If neither president has the 270, congress picks the president. Republicans then bully the Dems who fold on everything to just vote for Trump.

Trump Wins.
    I'd like to understand better how this step 3 works. Who's more decisive, House or Senate? What's the quorum needed to either candidate win? What happens if Biden gets 270 after 12/14? Is there precedent?

House pics President, Senate pics VP, but Dems always fold under the veil of being "Bipartisan" and "unity" and what have you.

Republicans will hammer them until they relent and just vote Trump to end the process.

If it helps put your mind at ease, Rin, here's a video on Trump's elections lawsuits from a bona fide lawyer (tl;dw, Trump ain't got shit)

I know it's probably irrational at this point and I've seen that video, I know the court cases theoretically have no actual legs, I'm just so worn down and exhausted by all of this that my mind is going to every minute possibility and is freaking out over the "But what if they pull off the coup?!"

I'm just so tired and done and I just want the victory to be rock solid so I can relax at least a little before we have to jump right back into the trenches for the Georgia Runoffs and then the inevitable need to primary centrist Dems and push the party more to the left.

It just feels like nothing but fighting and stressing non stop with a metaphorical gun to our heads and we're never going to get a moment's rest.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information