+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 323 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 6445

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

They recounting Georgia, but it's not likely it will change hands.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...r-party-switch

In lesser news, Democrat who switch Republican Jeff Van Drew kept his House seat, fending off Amy Kennedy. So, his cowardly tactic worked and he was rewarded for it. It's very disappointing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Recounting votes when it's THAT close like in Georgia is the democratic process at work. They recounted the 2018 governor race too (that race was stolen, but not because of the vote counting process).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The media refusing to call it for Biden despite him being certain of a win for at least 24 hours now, and immediately kneecapping his legitimacy in the process, is their last big money-grubbing, MAGA-jerking fuck you to democracy before their orange cash cow leaves the stage.

I heard that there are tons of military ballots and also provisional ballots (from those who voted on the day of the election) and that kind of scares me. Is there any chance these could flip PA back?

It's just weird, earlier no one was talking about these. They were all saying "there are only mail-in ballots left to count", which gave a lot of confidence for Biden in PA, but then all of the sudden there are tons and tons of military votes and provisional ballots to be counted.

Pretty sure those already got counted along with everyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    The media refusing to call it for Biden despite him being certain of a win for at least 24 hours now, and immediately kneecapping his legitimacy in the process, is their last big money-grubbing, MAGA-jerking fuck you to democracy before their orange cash cow leaves the stage.
    I think it's the opposite. They're being cautious to avoid making it look like they're forcing Biden as the winner (for Trump supporters who can't understand math, statistics and probability) in order to weaken the narrative of fraud and to reject the idea of a media plot against Trump in the election.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

PA is as good as won for Biden. Trump's recovery in Arizona is apparently not fast enough to overcome his disadvantage. Biden's lead in Nevada is widening. Regardless of what happens in Georgia, that one is more of an extra trophy. Biden is the president elect for all purposes, just not officially yet.

It's time for the democrats to start thinking about the levels below. If things remain as they are, Biden will have a really tough four years ahead. Dems have to start climbing back into the senate, state governors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    I heard that there are tons of military ballots and also provisional ballots (from those who voted on the day of the election) and that kind of scares me. Is there any chance these could flip PA back?

It's just weird, earlier no one was talking about these. They were all saying "there are only mail-in ballots left to count", which gave a lot of confidence for Biden in PA, but then all of the sudden there are tons and tons of military votes and provisional ballots to be counted.
    I believe those are only for Georgia.

In any case, they have only until today to arrive, otherwise they won't count. It's also possible they weren't used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Nah, trump yelling media bias and cheat and lawsuit means they're making sure its 100% impossible for Trump and not just mathematically impossible. And giving time for it to sink in to his supporters.

They'd probably also be more willing to call certain states if Arizona hadn't been called too early, meaning any other call locks Biden in, which gets sticky if Arizona does reverse when its done.

This way they can declare multiple states at the same time with certainty and make it clear there's no shenanigans.

If there was a sane person in charge they would have announced Wednesday night and the current guy would have conceded by now.

Biden's doing a speech tonight so I imagine it'll be finalized before that.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So...not to go full doomer on you guys, but what are the chances faithless electors fuck this up for us? I'm fucking ecstatic right now, but it's in my nature to expect a pitfall around every corner. I won't celebrate until December I guess.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    So...not to go full doomer on you guys, but what are the chances faithless electors fuck this up for us? I'm fucking ecstatic right now, but it's in my nature to expect a pitfall around every corner. I won't celebrate until December I guess.
    You should celebrate for real only in January after Trump leaves the white house for good. Until then it'll be a fight to make sure democracy survives.

I don't see why there needs to be a recount in Georgia. Also, since Biden basically won, hope he keeps his word about uniting everyone no matter what political party. Everyone just needs to work together. Once he wins, gonna send him letters to try to give him ideas on what I think could be improved in the nation. At least he actually read and listen to me compared with old Trumpy XD

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Dated 23 Dec. 2016.......... Um, that's an old tweet.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

Trump insiders have said that he ACTUALLY plans to barricade himself in the White House and will need secret service to drag him out kicking and screaming.
    P... Please? Can we have this? The news footage of him being dragged out while he's flailing like a petulant child would be the best gift anyone could give me right now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Well, with Biden most likely getting PA and GA, even if there is a few faithless electors, he will have no problem winning that. Honestly, I think we had a lot last election because Hillary was not that good of a candidate for some of the electors because of some of her corruption. There were also faithless electors for Trump too, I know two in Texas. So, don't worry!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Trump insiders have said that he ACTUALLY plans to barricade himself in the White House and will need secret service to drag him out kicking and screaming.
    P... Please? Can we have this? The news footage of him being dragged out while he's flailing like a petulant child would be the best gift anyone could give me right now.
    Um... I think that article is taking it out of proportion of one thing he said about not conceding which is more he wants to wait till election results are fully finished and he has been confirmed not president. He cares about his image, and he wouldn't want people to see that from him. So, I would not look too much into it. Though it would be funny to see him not leave and have secret service drag him out XD

Edit: I wouldn't trust Vanity Fair:
    These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
    Mostly because of this with misleading stuff etc.

Source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vanity-fair/

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Dated 23 Dec. 2016.......... Um, that's an old tweet.
    That's the point. Trump is acting in a way right now that directly contradicts his old tweet/stance/opinion as he is wont to do.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    That's the point. Trump is acting in a way right now that directly contradicts his old tweet/stance/opinion as he is wont to do.
    Oh I get it now! It was not really specified and it felt like it was meant to be framed as a current tweet O_O So, I got confused.

If that does happens, it's going to be amazing.

Could be a problem if it was like 270-268, but with such a large split, it would be nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    Pretty sure those already got counted along with everyone elses.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I believe those are only for Georgia.

In any case, they have only until today to arrive, otherwise they won't count. It's also possible they weren't used at all.
    I saw not too long ago on MSNBC that there are approximately 100,000 provisional ballots to be counted. While it seems unlikely that these would favor Trump too much, I also would have said the same thing about the remaining ballots in Arizona, yet with each one that gets counted, Biden's lead is narrowed ever so slightly.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information