+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 322 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6426

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

No supreme court fuckery will happen even if it were possible. If the republicans had lost down ballot too they might have tried, but since they're in a strong position now they won't need to harm their SC's legitimacy with any stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    The best part of this is that Biden should get 306 electoral votes, which is two more than Trump got in 2016
    But that was the greatest landslide in history!

Assuming you ignore Obama 08 where he won 28 states and the popular by 10 million.
    Or Bush Jr. where he got 31 states and the popular by 3 million.
    Or Clinton, which is actually kind of fair because Perot split the vote both times.
    Or Bush Sr. who got 40 states and the popular by 7 million.
    Or. Reagan/Mondale where Reagan won 49 states and the popular by 20 million.
    Or Regan who got 44 states the popular by 8 million.
    Or Nixon who go 49 states and the popular by 17 million.
    Or Johnson who got 44 states and the popular by 16 million...
    Or any of Roosevelts FOUR wins...

Okay I guess historically getting 30 states and losing the popular vote by 3 million isn't much of landslide after all.
    Last edited by Robby; November 6th, 2020 at 09:50 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Nixon beat the shit out of McGovern.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

For my culture, what means an outstanding ballots ? And are the segregated ballots, the ones that are waiting a validation ?
    I'm a bit puzzled by all this types of ballots that can exists :-)

In France, there is only proxy votes (no votes by mails or in advance) so things are a lot more simple :-)
    The hardest when you tally and find a void vote is to find the reason why it is void

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Nixon beat the shit out of McGovern.
    I haven't looked at it too closely, but it looks like McGovern was ahead of his time and that scared the religious folk. He was about ending Vietnam, amnesty, allowing abortion, and legalizing pot. (Roe v Wade was actually being argued DURING the election and decided in January of the next year.)

Also, his running mate who he chose with almost no vetting, Thomas Eagleton, was literally crazy. Bipolar, had recieved electroshock therapy, etc.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    I feel it should be noted that the NY Post is the same outlet that reported the bogus "Hunter Biden left an incriminating laptop at a repair shop" story while the forums were down.

The putin story was also picked up by the Daily Mail, a UK rag.
    They also ran with the story that Twitter was censoring the Hunter Biden story by not letting it spread around....like just a week or so ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    For my culture, what means an outstanding ballots ? And are the segregated ballots, the ones that are waiting a validation ?
    I'm a bit puzzled by all this types of ballots that can exists :-)
    If there is an issue with their absentee ballots, such as a signature-matching issue or a missing witness signature or a hanging chad, some states allow voters a chance to fix their ballot in some form in order to help avoid their ballot being discarded and their vote not counting.

So in their current state they're not official, but they COULD be if a little thing is still addressed since they were sent in and received before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I just want to see either Ben or Tucker try to convince us hat this is the worst thing that ever happened in the history of the US. Worse than 9/11 and Pearl Harbor combined.
    You forgot the Great Depression, The Divide Over The Iraq War, & The 2008 Financial Crisis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    If there is an issue with their absentee ballots, such as a signature-matching issue or a missing witness signature or a hanging chad, some states allow voters a chance to fix their ballot in some form in order to help avoid their ballot being discarded and their vote not counting.

So in their current state they're not official, but they COULD be if a little thing is still addressed since they were sent in and received before the deadline.
    Thanks. But those are the segregated or the outstanding ones ?

I'm not very familiar with how US courts work. Given Supreme court is 6-3 split, is there anyway Trump can overturn the election results?
    Last edited by Leon; November 7th, 2020 at 08:50 AM.

Reading Trumps meltdown tweets is so satisfying.

Spoiler:

Anderson Cooper's comment about Trump after the press conference last night was great.

if Biden wins Georgia but (somehow) gets Arizona/Nevada/PA flipped, it'd be tied and that sounds utterly miserable.
    The stronger his lead the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I'm not very familiar with house US courts work. Given Supreme court is 6-3 split, is there anyway Trump can overturn the election results?
    He cannot file a lawsuit directly to the supreme court, so all the leg work for conservative Amy was waste. He can try to file lawsuits on electoral frauds on state courts, but there's absolutely zero evidence of this being true, and the delegate count is going to not go close enough for exist a pressure in his favour.

I'm not very familiar with house US courts work. Given Supreme court is 6-3 split, is there anyway Trump can overturn the election results?
    Might as well request them to make him God-Emperor of the USA for life.

No. They crammed the newbie in so they'd have an opportunity for shenanigans, but Biden's winning too many states by too much for it to pass local courts, let alone get to the supreme. If we had a Florida 2000 situation where it was tied except for one state by 500 votes there could be an issue, but not with how its going.

So they recounting Georgia. Great, hope Pennsylvania or Nevada end today.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information