+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 320 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6389

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    You know Randy means business when he joins forces with Patti LuPone.

Well Yellow Diamond just said that Donald should fuck off, he better do it before the Nephrite drop ships start appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    They just bail out Derek Chauvin (The guy who killed George Floyd);

The Hell? His bail was like over a million dollars.
    He shouldn't even have a bail to begin with. He *literally* murdered a person. His behavior was no excuse, whatsoever.

That's what would make sense, but the religious nuts in the country would get their panties in a twist about it and how offensive it is.
    Yeah, I know! It's dumb. I would pledge on a lawbook versus a Bible any day if possible given an option. The government really needs to just focus on law and have no religion in it. No God on bills, no Ten Commandments in a courthouse (If that still exists.), etc. Hopefully, one day we have a more secular government like it is in Western Europe, Japan, etc.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

Pence is being destroyed.

Is this real?

Hidden:

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I wish they'd tell Pence that he is in no way answering the question that was actually asked

Yeah, it’s been pretty great to watch.

I almost feel badly for him. Almost.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Is it possible for a president to step down voluntarily? Without causing a premature election? If so it should happen as soon as possible. Like give Biden a year and then switch to Harris. Make up reasons if you have to, like health concerns or something.

Was it just me or did Pence have a black eye and a fat lip?

Thank you Vice President for the fly memes
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Is it possible for a president to step down voluntarily? Without causing a premature election? If so it should happen as soon as possible. Like give Biden a year and then switch to Harris. Make up reasons if you have to, like health concerns or something.
    Yeah, presidents can and have resigned before. Nixon, for example.

But, why would Biden do that? Unless it was something that he had to do, like for health reasons, I don’t see the point.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Was it just me or did Pence have a black eye and a fat lip?
    It looked like he had a burst vessel in the corner of his left eye towards the end. It’s actually a symptom of COVID.

You know Randy means business when he joins forces with Patti LuPone.
    This is pure gold!

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Far better debate than what we had with Trump vs Biden. At least both candidates addressed each other in a respectful manner.

Pence had well constructed dialogues but failed to address how his administration would deal with climate change, COVID, and healthcare while touting the administration's success on foreign policy, jobs, and the economy.

Harris championed the environment, combatting climate change, and healthcare but looked like she was about to burst into tears at several points plus avoided questions regarding whether Biden's administration would pad the supreme court and didn't address whether the green new deal will create sustainable jobs that would transfer the American work force from fossil fuels to green energy.

In all honesty, I just didn't feel like there was a clear winner here.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I'm guessing your shock is at the wording on Prop 16. Prop 16 basically allows California to reinstate affirmative action, meaning that a No vote is to maintain racial equality (as opposed to promoting racial equity).

What's actually surprising to me is the recommended No vote on Prop 20, which would potentially increase minimum sentences for nonviolent crimes like drug possession and theft.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

That's a huge meme in latin america, but I could never find that movie to watch it.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

It's also the page image (well, for the "live-action film" section) for Narm on TV Tropes: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Narm/Film

Makes sense, lulz.
    Hidden:

The star of that debate was the fly that was on Pence's head for two solid minutes.

That aside Harris drubbed him soundly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    The 25th amendment allows a sitting president to give up their role to the next in line, usually reserved for when their health is in danger or they think they can't do the job right now for some reason. Generally its intended use is temporary but it could be used long term.

It should be what is going on RIGHT NOW actually since Trump was hospitalized and is on heavy drugs right now that can massively affect your thinking (insert joke about how could you tell) , but he'd obviously never give up power willingly.

Famously Nixon resigned because he knew the law was catching up to him and it would wreck the country for the office to go through what was coming... because whatever you have to say about Nixon, he had some sense of respect for stuff.

Also, if you really wanted to do a in intentional hand off, you'd want to wait two years and a day. That way the next in line could still get two full terms. If they get the majority of a first term, then it counts as a full term.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information