+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 323 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 6449

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Hey, now, let's be fair.

Burgess Meridith's Penguin had a lot more integrity and honesty then Trump.
    Yeah, it'd be much more accurate with the DeVito Penguin in there instead.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The Penguin is far smarter than Trump. Trump could never aspire to be a Batman villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Well at least we know you didn't hack Robby's account since this was an better punchline.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The Penguin is far smarter than Trump.
    Unless he's trying to off Batman while he's being tended to by a group of kids.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Is one of the three debates still some kind of town hall event? Or did they axe that due to Covid?

I don't think Trump dared to interrupt Hillary this much when she was answering questions of average people, not journalists. Maybe Biden has a chance to make his points in such an environment, because frankly this was a total disaster tonight.

For comparison, Hillary won the snap first debate poll 62-27
    Last edited by Kaiolino; September 29th, 2020 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Correct numbers

Just more proof of how many decided voters there are and how stable Biden’s national lead has been and continues to be.

But yeah, I do think that Hillary is a better debater. Biden wasn’t bad.

Yeah I just checked the Hillary debates, the town hall event had one mic for both candidates so it wasn't even possible for him to interrupt her. But even in the first debate Trump himself wasn't this aggressive...

I guess all he wanted to avoid was Biden being all touchy feely about Covid and his family, the one point where he can really reach people on a emotional level. Screaming random stuff in his direction did work pretty well in this regard. Especially those 3,5 millions.... I can't even remember what that number referred to, just that he repeated it over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjIZOqyX...png&name=small

And some of y'all wonder why I have no hope left.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjIZOqyX...png&name=small

Wasn't that the CNN poll (which Biden won by a similar margin to Clinton) and not the CBS/YouGov?
    Complicating things since 2009.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'd argue that Trump won tonight's debate simply by bringing Biden down closer to his level. He wants to depress turnout- two old white guys yelling incoherently at each other works nicely for that.

Amusing asides notwithstanding, Biden needs to keep his composure a lot better to better contrast the two of them.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

He kept his composure better than I could have.

I’m not sure how many times I yelled “shut the fuck up” at the tv tonight. But it was a lot.

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Biden won where it counts. Connecting to the voters. Who mainly want Trump to shut the fuck up.

He also won by talking policy and connecting to the struggles Americans are facing.

Trump went after his son's past drug problems and Joe says he is proud of how far he has come. That is relatable and why Biden won.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorobō Neko View Post
    Biden won where it counts. Connecting to the voters. Who mainly want Trump to shut the fuck up.
    Unfortunately looking at twitter some Bernie fans apparently are not in that camp.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Holy shit that was bad.
    Like seriously bad, like trump will win again bad.
    The moderating was a joke

Why do you feel that way?

I haven't seen the debate myself, but different people seem to be taking different things from it.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

this was quite the show, jfc

Hidden:
    So many instances of Trump interrupting and not shutting up, to the point where Biden asked him to. So many times he dodged a question or pulled a "whatabout"-ism to deflect. To be fair Biden was stumbling a bit on his responses and you really need a sharp mind and a quick response to not let him walk over, although I'm sure anyone would get really fucking annoyed and lose their patience a lot faster.

And again, the amount of things that just made me go.....wtf??

"i've done more for black people than any other adminstration" - DEMONSTRABLY false, holy fuck
    "we take care of our vets" the amount of mockery you've given mccain, you draft dodger, etc.
    the amount of times he kept saying "radical left" to weasel out of a reasonable response. The dancing around the white supremacy question to pivot back to it, jesus christ. I was watching this with my mother and even she was vocal about all the nonsense she was saying.

I think the worst is.....again, if Biden wins, Trump will probably be vocal about it being "rigged" until his literal dying breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Why do you feel that way?

I haven't seen the debate myself, but different people seem to be taking different things from it.
    From my own observation, Trump is insanely good at what he does and while his projected image has always been "he has no idea what he's doing", you could tell he knows exactly what he is doing.
    He knows he can't win on a logical political debate clash so he does personal attacks towards Biden to throw off his composure.
    And it worked. Every time he riled him up, he succeeded. You could tell from Biden's expression at moments he was thrown off (stuttering, eyes wide) but never for Trump.
    This is likely coupled with how delusional Trump is with his own views but also with his significant experience from being in sales and business.
    He would never allow for a shake in his own confidence and that's vital.

This has been brought up many times and Trump has been doing this for the past 4 years but it is much more apparent and has a stronger effect here.
    Biden's points were great and he was actually in the ring, composure or not, and was stronger than in his other speeches.
    However, I could tell that Trump managed to drag him into his level (personal attacks, no you! kind of speeches) and whether that was his intent or not is up for debate but it effectively renders Biden unable to thoughtfully state his points.
    The moderator who was supposed to be the one who holds control is thrown off the entire debate with Trump easily wrestling the control back and forth.

Basically, he's doing the same thing he's been doing for years and he's really good at it.
    Selling himself and discrediting his opponent.
    Character assassination was not subtle here but he brought up "facts" that he knows exactly will discredit Biden.
    He was actually prepared, just not for what the debate was supposed to be but for what he set out to do.
    I personally thought he, once again, showed off how he won and managed to brainwash millions again with this debate.

People who are informed and knows his play won't vote for him and sees through his bs.
    But people who are still on the fence(not as informed) and without a proper understanding.. I can see them vote for him.
    That's my humble take anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    From my own observation, Trump is insanely good at what he does and while his projected image has always been "he has no idea what he's doing", you could tell he knows exactly what he is doing. (...)
    Thanks for the response. Trump probably did what he set out to do, yes. But from what I've read, Biden managed to convert a personal insult of his son into a relatable message to families in the audience. And he managed to stump Trump a couple times, too. I feel like that could get some of the uninformed/undecided on Biden's side.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Yeesh. I haven't watched it yet, but now I'm not sure I want to. Was it really as bad as y'all make it out to be?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information