+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 973: The Kozuki Clan

Default Re: Chapter 973: The Kozuki Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    They took care of the people for 20 years as Orochi and Kaido destroyed it. Don't need a scale to tell the difference. When Boa turned Marguerite into stone, they were okay with it because they couldn't hate her and her beauty was spammed as part of the reason.
    So you're going for the witching hour Boy helper of the people ruling them not the great concubine Komurasaki ruling them. Then sure.
    I was just saying I don't think Hiyori time as the great concubine would help. Or if it does I would find it silly.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

So Hiyori becomes Shogun and Momo becomes full time Pirate? W/o her Kozuki name, Hiyori has gained the love of the people as Komursaki like Toki did in Oden's absence. Momo has the Udon prisoners through Luffy's actions. He has to do something on his own like defeat Orochi or show some sign of honor like his father did.
    He about to throw an island sized elephant on Kaido's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPecans View Post
    Sorry, non-sequitur. My Brilliant Friend fan?
    Sorry to the other users for the off topic by the way yes i am! My favourite tv series right now

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    He about to throw an island sized elephant on Kaido's ass.
    Kaido wants that to see if he could survive it

So Hiyori becomes Shogun and Momo becomes full time Pirate? W/o her Kozuki name, Hiyori has gained the love of the people as Komursaki like Toki did in Oden's absence. Momo has the Udon prisoners through Luffy's actions. He has to do something on his own like defeat Orochi or show some sign of honor like his father did.
    Agreed! And interesting scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    So you're going for the witching hour Boy helper of the people ruling them not the great concubine Komurasaki ruling them. Then sure.
    I was just saying I don't think Hiyori time as the great concubine would help. Or if it does I would find it silly.
    She was an "oiran" not a "concubine".

She likely helped "witching hour boy" by playing the rich assholes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    We saw Oden giving the swords to Toki in previous chapter.
    I know. The part I'm unclear about is, who left the burning castle with the swords (Kawamatsu/Hyori I'm assuming) and when did they place them under Hitetsu's care (some time before or right after they got separated, most likely, since Hyori knew their whereabouts yet didn't show up in the capital with them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Lmao, the rollercoaster of emotions the Wano kunians are going for.

Woaaah the nine red scabbards, Toki was right all along, we're saveeed!!

-Wait a minute, isnt that fat asshole, the one who's been stealing food for him and hus bandits? And would even steal from leftovers town?
    -Eeey look at that one, its Kyoshiro, he supported Orochi's dictatorship for 20 years

Whaaat, Princess Hiyori is alive!!!

-eeey, isn't that the woman who's been scamming dudes??

Prince Momonosuke is baaack!!

-Woaaaah another Dragon, please noooo!!

Kin'emon- I can Explain this!!
    -You better do.
    Kin'emon- uhmmm..... Shushui is back!!

Everyone- YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

So by the way, Numbers.

Totally forgot about' em.

So Hiyori becomes Shogun
    That's what I've been hoping for a while, yes. Hiyori is also a Kozuki and, unlike her brother, she actually went through the same shit under Orochi and Kaido's rule as the rest of the country. She lived through Wano's worst years like one of its citizens, while Momonosuke was spared of everything and skipped 20 years. He barely even knows Wano at this point and all the respect he gets is simply because of the name he carries, not something he actually earned.
    Hiyory becoming the Shogun would also fit the theme of Wano opening itself to the influence of the outside world and moving away from its backwards views (although this one would work better if the gender roles in Wano were more focused on, but we don't hear about it since Kin'emon freaked out over Nami clothes back in Punk Hazard).

Not to mention somehow people think being 8 years old means Momonosuke is too young to be on a pirate crew (ignore the fact he was born on a pirate ship and spent his first two years living there with the crew), but somehow is a proper age for him to rule a country. Not saying he is going to become a pirate, though, he could just wish to become a samurai for all I care.

Hiyori has no wang.

No wang, no shogunate

It's hard to believe that from Momo's perspective all this happened few months ago. Underwent quite a change.

The pacing and maybe a few other things felt off for this chapter, like it felt too rushed. Though I'm also very forgetful for when things have happened in past chapters.

Was the part where Oden talked about the relationship between the Minks and Kozuki family happening shortly after Oden and his new family arrived to Wano? I'm going to have to reread the chapters, as I just remember him arriving in Wano after his crew disbanded, learning how bad Wano has become and getting angry at Orochi.

Shinobu just seemed to have disappeared after the vassal conversation.

Toki, as well as her daughter too I guess, somehow surviving an encounter with Kaido. Kaido only seemed to want to focus on Killing, later taunting, Momo? I guess only Momo has the ability to become Shogun? Toki was just the wife and could only go back to royalty if she married the next Shogun or whoever? The next person marrying Hiyori if that ever happens won't ever get the chance to become Shogun? I can't remember how the system worked in Japan, or in One Piece.

I could understand Kaido not dropping Momo and instead testing him through fire if Kaido somehow strangely respects Oden and assumed Momo could also end up being a worthy opponent if Momo ends up surviving the fire. Wonder if he thought the same for Hiyori, or if he and his pirate crew just didn't want to murder kids with their own hands.

I apparently forgot about the backup plan to keep Hiyori in the current time in case the jump failed so that threw me off at first. I wish we saw more of Toki's power. Her giving the speech without any of the people that jumped to the future, in the view/panel, seemed weird. Like did she already send them to the future during the previous or so page? And later did she only have enough energy to find some citizens and give a speech before collapsing to her death as sending 5 people to the future is harmful?

The panel with Denjiro and Kyoshiro side-by-side was confusing as heck. Also lol @ The anime opening spoiling this.

How the heck did Kawamatsu lose Hiyori? Thank fuck she ended up meeting Denjiro again.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Hiyori has no wang.

No wang, no shogunate
    You nailed it.

Seriously though. It would have been cool if Hiyori became a samurai. Instead she becomes an oiran and the sword that was given to her was just given to Zoro instead.

This chapter also reveals why Momo is so perverted at such a young age: Oden raised him like that. I guess it was to be expected considered he used to hang out in the red light district as a kid himself.

After 2 weeks break and what Toki said on the previous chapter, I thought this flashback is over. Then, after I read the first panel of this chapter, danggg I immediately know it will be another flashback.
    Chapter is amazing for breaking long buzzing theories , but the confusion level in it is intermediate .

I wonder why Kaido didn't directly kill Momo, is this some kind of fighters attitude? Momo's words also shock me. Or maybe his word reminiscing Kadio about someone's dream, Shirohige or someone on the Rocks pirate.
    I am disappointed that Yasuie not appearing to protect the Kozuki on the chapter.
    Kyoshiro transformation is also confusing, at first I thought there are 2 Kyoshiro.
    Toki is like Luffy, she don't do SPOILER.
    The shivering Orochi is on point, what a character. Pure villain.

Hope Oda is doing just fine. He works really hard.

Btw, we still dont know how Inu and Neko back to Zou? So, another flashback? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    That's what I've been hoping for a while, yes. Hiyori is also a Kozuki and, unlike her brother, she actually went through the same shit under Orochi and Kaido's rule as the rest of the country. She lived through Wano's worst years like one of its citizens, while Momonosuke was spared of everything and skipped 20 years. He barely even knows Wano at this point and all the respect he gets is simply because of the name he carries, not something he actually earned.
    Hiyory becoming the Shogun would also fit the theme of Wano opening itself to the influence of the outside world and moving away from its backwards views (although this one would work better if the gender roles in Wano were more focused on, but we don't hear about it since Kin'emon freaked out over Nami clothes back in Punk Hazard).

Not to mention somehow people think being 8 years old means Momonosuke is too young to be on a pirate crew (ignore the fact he was born on a pirate ship and spent his first two years living there with the crew), but somehow is a proper age for him to rule a country. Not saying he is going to become a pirate, though, he could just wish to become a samurai for all I care.
    Well in regards to being the Shogun, it's what he's actually setup for, and it was already established back in Zou that they are fine with helping Momo rule until he's older. As for needing to earn respect/break away from his father's immense shadow, that appears to be his character arc.

Anyways, it's not like people are intentionally dismissing Hiyori as an alternative, they all think she's dead. Not to say there would be no eventual sexism there, but first and foremost they just want someone from the Kozuki Clan to rally behind.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Translation didn't make me see how Hiyori family treated her in a better light.
    Must be nice to be a backup plan and be knowingly put through suffering for years, hmm
    Why couldn't she time flash them both and have her stay out of Kaidou sight and the entire war if she was to be a back up plan?
    Instead she was put into danger in a situation of poverty and when she could die anytime.
    Flash forward 20 years and I don't see a difference.
    Current situation if she and Momo dies in this arc, it doesn't even matter.
    How is she a back up plan if she is going to get involved in 20 years anyway.

There was no reason for her to suffer for 20 years.
    Such a bad taste to an otherwise good flashback.
    There is a difference because it isn't that straightforward.

It is probably the first time Toki is using her powers to send people into the future. She had only sent herself before.

So, it is not 100% that it would be successful. What if they somehow got stuck in a time-space reality. Or end up being 25, 30 years later instead of 20. Or if they time travelled 20 years but ended up being in some other place than Wano and could not find their way back in time or die before they find Wano. These are all the possibilities that could happen,and why someone had to stay back as a backup plan, just in case for some reason they do not appear after the 20 years.

so that she would be able to take the lead and tell the "someone who appears to take down Kaidou after 20years" what had happened and help them to take down Kaidou on her own with the remaining scabbards.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I will respectfully disagree.
    It's a little bit troublesome to post picture, but the difference is easy to spot.

Wado Ichimonji is very clean visually, causa it basically doesn't have any kind of adornment other than the tip of the scabbard. On the other hand, Denjiro's sword had a lot of weird details all over it.

Hoo boy, this panel now has a whole new meaning.

"It is good to have you on my side", LMAO. Orochi you piece of shit, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy every minute of your downfall.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information