+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1369

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Something to watch if anyone ever yells at you about masks "infringing on our rights" or some other bullshit:

Thanks, that one's useful.
    I've come up with several reasons that I think Americans are having such trouble, some pretty obvious.
    The "The Customer Is Always Right!" dogma that America promotes everywhere is *without a doubt* factoring in the stupidity of Covid. Entitled customers go to a store partially to feel like a king/queen who doesn't have to ever be inconvenienced, and get everything they want at the store by complaining enough. This is affecting mask wearing because they're at the store! An employee me can't tell me to do anything at the *store* as an American.
    "Muh freedom" is an obvious one.
    Lack of empathy's another big one, America's a narcissist breeding ground.

I'm honestly surprised Covid-19 hasn't wreaked a lot MORE havoc on America with how dumb and selfish the average citizen has been raised to be here.

Oh and for my weapon I choose a scythe, scythe's are badass.
    Last edited by Kaworu; October 10th, 2020 at 10:28 PM.

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    And this happened today, we really don't want India to take our spot apparently.
    Minus the Covid cesspool, that crowd is enough to give me a panic attack in general because of my social phobia >.<

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    I'm honestly surprised Covid-19 hasn't wreaked a lot MORE havoc on America with how dumb and selfish the average citizen has been raised to be here.
    It's not so much that the average citizen is as dumb and selfish as you think they are as it is the president and his cronies openly telling everyone in the entire country what they want to hear.

When the devil whispers into your ear it's nearly impossible to resist him unless you recognize that you're being manipulated.

A number of studies have proven that humans are just really bad at resisting temptation, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Wow, must've been a big store.
    I dunno never been to an Havan (the store that opened in particular), I think is a discount Wall Mart.
    The owner is a neo liberalism, Bolsonaro boot licker, that is investigated in it's relations to the spread of fake news. Just look what all his stores look like:
    Hidden:

Statue of Liberty? Okay then . . .

Let's face the facts - people do whatever they want, regardless of who the president is. We do not have communism like in China, where the rules are very tough. And we are playing democracy, which goes sideways for us. Democracy is good when it has limits. With the same coronavirus, protocols seem to exist, but many of them are not hesitant to violate. It is believed that if they are the ones who behave as they want, then it's okay, but there are hundreds of thousands of them. That is why we have such a situation and so many contradictory moments.

Are the masks uncomfortable to wear?

Just curious since i've never worn one

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post

Depends on your face but for the majority of people, surgical masks are no problem, both comfort and breathing-wise, since they are made to either repel (outside) or absorb (inside) aerosols, but do not really hinder your breathing, and they are light enough to not really disturb your face too much.

The FFP2 and 3 masks are different though, their filtering system is so tightly woven that many people could be disturbed in their breathing. Before i finished my degree, i was working in a steel mill in which wearing at least FFP2 masks were mandatory due to the metallic dust in the air, and if you do something even a little bit physically demanding, your lungs definitely have to work hard.
    Having said that, healthy or even remotely athletic people will not have a problem even with those masks in day to day life since you usually do not have to do anything as demanding as working in a steel mill, but people who are overweight and or even obese, yep they will have a lot of problems with those masks.

don´t know, but here is chocolate... so everthing´s alright ^^

I don't find wearing a mask as troublesome as some people do. The masks you are required to wear are either surgical masks or everyday masks made of clothe (so that you can wash and reuse them).

It's like MiyamotoMasashi said. FFP2 or FFP3 masks are troublesome, but not required. (I don’t understand why some people think they need them. They are important for medical use so no need for the general public to buy them.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk in Spoilerthreat from Chapter 579
    "Did I fire six shots or only five? Well, do you feel lucky punk?"

I wear a cloth mask with multiple layers. The only trouble I have is condensation on my glasses and slight chafing on the back of my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_B View Post
    Let's face the facts - people do whatever they want, regardless of who the president is. We do not have communism like in China, where the rules are very tough. And we are playing democracy, which goes sideways for us. Democracy is good when it has limits. With the same coronavirus, protocols seem to exist, but many of them are not hesitant to violate. It is believed that if they are the ones who behave as they want, then it's okay, but there are hundreds of thousands of them. That is why we have such a situation and so many contradictory moments.
    A lot of the people refusing to wear masks only did so because they believed the president's lies about COVID being no big deal.
    We know that's true because immediately after it was revealed to the public that he caught it, tons of older, at-risk anti-maskers immediately reversed their stance.

Between it accidentally going in the mouth and eyes?

It's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...0/12/day-1362/

Day 1362: Swamp things.

Spoiler:
    • Sen. Mike Lee, who tested positive for COVID-19 less than two weeks ago, appeared in person for Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court confirmation hearings. Lee removed his mask when it was his turn to address the committee. (Politico / NPR / Axios)
    The White House blocked a CDC order requiring all passengers and employees wear masks on planes, trains, buses, and subways, and in airports, stations and depots. The order was drafted under the agency’s “quarantine powers” and had the support of the secretary of health and human services, Alex Azar. The White House Coronavirus Task Force, led by Pence, declined to discuss it. Public health officials have said that wearing masks is one of the most effective ways to stop the spread of the coronavirus, particularly in crowded, poorly ventilated public places, like transportation venues. (New York Times)
    • Coronavirus cases set a new single-day records in six U.S. states. Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma and West Virginia all had record single-day increases in cases on Friday. (NBC News)
    • Twitter flagged Trump’s tweet claiming he is “immune” from the coronavirus as a violation of “spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19.” (Bloomberg)
    • 😷 Dept. of “We Have It Totally Under Control.”

• Global: Total confirmed cases: ~37,694,000; deaths: ~1,079,000
    • U.S.: Total confirmed cases: ~7,797,000; deaths: ~216,000
    • Source: Johns Hopkins University
    • 💻 COVID-19 Live Blogs: New York Times / Washington Post / CNBC / CNN
    Trump delivered a short speech from the Blue Room balcony overlooking the South Lawn on Saturday after Dr. Sean Conley issued a doctor’s note saying Trump was “no longer considered a transmission risk to others” and described the president as “fever-free for well over 24 hours,” noting that “all symptoms improved.” Conley said Trump has met CDC criteria for “the safe discontinuation of isolation.” Calling it a “peaceful protest” in honor of “law and order,” Trump made his first public appearance since he was hospitalized after testing positive for the coronavirus, telling the crowd: “I’m feeling great!” The speech came two weeks after Trump nominated Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court in a ceremony that Dr. Anthony Fauci described as a “super spreader” event. The event was organized by Candace Owens, who has led a “BLEXIT” movement urging Black voters to leave the Democratic Party. BLEXIT paid for the travel and lodging for some guests. Trump spoke for about 15 minutes – shorter than the nearly 30 minutes that officials had advertised – to an estimated audience of 500. More than 2,000 guests had been invited. Late Monday, Conley said Trump tested negative on “consecutive days” for COVID-19 a week after being released from the hospital for treatment of the disease. He did not state which days. (New York Times / NBC News / ABC News / CNN / Politico / CBS News)

The Trump campaign released a new ad using an out of context Dr. Anthony Fauci quote in an attempt to make it appear as if he is praising Trump’s response to the coronavirus. The nation’s leading infectious disease expert did not consent to being featured in the campaign ad, saying “In my nearly five decades of public service, I have never publicly endorsed any political candidate. The comments attributed to me without my permission in the GOP campaign ad were taken out of context from a broad statement I made months ago about the efforts of federal public health officials,” Fauci said. In the ad, Fauci says that he “can’t imagine that anybody could be doing more.” The clip is from an interview with Fox News in March in which he was speaking about the government’s response to the pandemic – not specifically about Trump’s efforts. Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh said the campaign will continue to run the ad despite Fauci’s objections. The White House, meanwhile, blocked Dr. Fauci – or any of the medical experts on the coronavirus task force – from appearing on ABC’s “This Week” this Sunday. (CNN / NBC News / Politico / Axios)

poll/ 58% of voters disapprove of Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic while 21% say it is under control. Biden holds a 17-point lead over Trump in trust to handle the pandemic with 62% saying they distrust what Trump says about it. (ABC News)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Losing the race to the, uh, top:

A nice essay on how we ended up in a second (partial) lockdown: https://ben-coates.com/2020/10/09/the-new-brazil/

Hey I resent the article's title as bad as the dutch gov't may be dealing with the infection, you guys don't have a corrupt president that is trying to destabilize the balance between executive legislative and judiciary, you didn't have two competent health minister ousted for not passing hydroxychloroquine as a silver bullet to by replace by a militar with no links whatsoever to health, a gov't full of incompetent conservative ministers pushing for neo-liberal or conservative protestant agendas, nor the minster of agriculture and the minister of natural environment advocating for "cattle firefighters" to solve the problems of criminal fires in the wetlands, that had already claimed a third of the biome, and guess what the restrictions are being lift despite the national death toll still being around 200-400 a day.

So either improve those rookie numbers in incompetence and corruption, or change that title.

Extremely comfortable, especially during the colder days. I didn't even buy a transition jacket because they heat you up so well. It's like doing this:

Spoiler:

just permanently. Obviously this is also a drawback during the summer days, but it's not like you have to wear them outside in most places.

I really hope we adapt the Asian style and keep wearing masks, at least in public transport. Or at the very least accept it to the point that no one gives you a weird look for wearing one. Like imagine wearing a mask one year ago. People would have avoided me like I had ebola or something.

(Also what Miyamoto said, but if you want to die / understand those who complain about masks: use those selfmade masks or the cheap polyester garbage from the mart. They are really nasty 9 times out of 10).

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Extremely comfortable, especially during the colder days. I didn't even buy a transition jacket because they heat you up so well. It's like doing this:

just permanently.
    Is he beatboxing?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    It's not so much that the average citizen is as dumb and selfish as you think they are as it is the president and his cronies openly telling everyone in the entire country what they want to hear.

When the devil whispers into your ear it's nearly impossible to resist him unless you recognize that you're being manipulated.

A number of studies have proven that humans are just really bad at resisting temptation, unfortunately.
    Yeah. America has a big "Why aren't you working?" vibe, and Trump tapped into that a lot this past year. There are people who basically worship work here, the grind, etc. Not knocking people working to survive.

I'll maintain that our population's lowest common denominator is way too low and way too common, though. :P

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

We're not going to beat this thing, are we?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information