+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 972: I Am Oden, And I Was Born To Boil

Default Re: Chapter 972: I am Oden, I was born to boil!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It is good to finally get to read it in comprehensible English. But seriously what happend to Fukurokujus head, it grew multiple times over those decades, is it a reference to something? Is it a tumor?
    His head is huge because he's based on a mythical figure with a huge forehead, but without it he's a weird fusion between Enel and Ohm.

He must've eaten a devilfruit sometime after the flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    His head is huge because he's based on a mythical figure with a huge forehead, but without it he's a weird fusion between Enel and Ohm.

He must've eaten a devilfruit sometime after the flashback.
    What "devil fruit"? It could easily be just a " natural phenomenon" like Chinjao.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

All the praise of being a master ninja went to his head. :P

Cool Chapter. The visual of Oden's boiling and him dying while the city finish his sentence is cool. The snippets worked for some of the scabbards. I really like them hitting the ground running. If it's going to be his last words I probably would have gone for Oden always introducing himself with the born to boil line every time so that it feels recurrent and has more weight when he does it the last time.

The 5 year thing is still creating a disconnect and feel out of place in all this. Im curious how the whole flashback read in one sitting.

Bunch of ingrates. That poor old woman gave Orochi the throne and handed Kaido an easy win and all she gets for her trouble is death.

I read Oden discussion with Kaido as sarcasm which made it fun. Shinobu chose an odd time to claim they gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Katakuri wears them better :P

Moving to baggy pants was an understandable decision. Kaido looked kind of ridiculous in the flashback, a lot more like a typical One Piece character and less like he's ripped straight from a Tekken game.
    Indeed on point with your comment.

Kaidou somewhat has brought a slight strike of a real japanese shogun in my mind.
    Everbody knows that a shogun does not always have to be loved by his citizen, things like execution of good guy bringing justice had came multiple time. Like that goemon story that oda used as a reference, for example.

Before he put Oden to rest, he admired Oden's one hour show of spirit and madness, and like somebody here pointed, he wasn't specifically cared about the scabbard escaping, as he was so focused to this man.
    Deep within, Kaidou must have a desire to test how strong he was compared to Oden, if it was another condition, but in a scenario of death execution, it would be weird too to perhaps put the boiling to end and wait for several weeks and put another rematch, just the two of them.
    It just doesn't fit in that condition.

And he's a criminal after all (a real bad pirate comes to my mind), so getting rid of a huge enemy with potential risk of destroying his plan is something he ought to do. He's not a fighting maniac.
    Last edited by kirei_lanford; February 21st, 2020 at 06:42 PM.

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It is good to finally get to read it in comprehensible English. But seriously what happend to Fukurokujus head, it grew multiple times over those decades, is it a reference to something? Is it a tumor?
    He got those forehead gains.

The last page of the official says 973 drops on March first, but then Mangaplus (the site listing) says it drops on the eighth?
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I thought the guy who shot those arrows was one of the Oniwabanshu, but I checked and is not in the team, so could it be... Tenguyama without his mask

I've changed my favorite part from Orochi calling the people "trash" to Asura being astonished by how extremely childish Orochi is. 5/5 chapter - Orochi Fan Club President

When reading: "the Kosukis closed Wano to protect it from an external great power...", the feelings were: "it's Im", and "the closure was in the void century or right after"....
    Last edited by Ukimix; February 21st, 2020 at 11:29 PM.

It's crazy to think that Kaido killing the hag for interfering in the fight is what will lead to his downfall in a certain sense. If he never did that, Bon-chan wouldn't get her fruit and cross paths with Luffy, later helping him escape Impel Down.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatYute View Post
    It's crazy to think that Kaido killing the hag for interfering in the fight is what will lead to his downfall in a certain sense. If he never did that, Bon-chan wouldn't get her fruit and cross paths with Luffy, later helping him escape Impel Down.
    She was still too old, could've died of natural causes easily.

Default Re: Chapter 972: I Am Oden, And I Was Born To Boil

So is Hitetsu, Toki in disguise?

Now that the flash back is over so begins THE WAR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Now that the flash back is over so begins THE WAR!!!
    Nah... we're not even close to that yet.

The raid on Onigashima has to fail, then Luffy has to grow some more, more people have to make their way to Wano, the Marines need time to find a reason to properly invade...

Nah... we're not even close to that yet.

The raid on Onigashima has to fail, then Luffy has to grow some more, more people have to make their way to Wano, the Marines need time to find a reason to properly invade...
    But it already failed. Luffy already had 9 days to grow and train, now it's time to win and not have WCI all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    But it already failed. Luffy already had 9 days to grow and train, now it's time to win and not have WCI all over again.
    We're less than halfway through the arc, and there's no way Luffy can beat two Yonkou at his current level.

We're less than halfway through the arc, and there's no way Luffy can beat two Yonkou at his current level.
    Have you accounted for the mid-fight growth?

So are the 7 cubes there to represent the amount of protagonists

Luffy
    Zoro
    Kidd
    Law
    Drake
    Hawkins
    Killer

Exactly 7 supernovas here. Excluding Apoo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information