+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 915: ''Destruction! The Thunder Bagua One-Shot!''

Default 915: ''Destruction! The Thunder Bagua One-Shot!''

Going up against a Dragon/Flying-type when you're a Fighting/Fire-type with no type coverage is a disaster in the making.

Title: ''Destruction! The Thunder Bagua One-Shot!''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 923-924
    Episode Director: Katsumi Tokoro (****)
    Animation Director: Shigefumi Shingaki (**1/2)
    Time: 7:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Default Re: 915: ''Destruction! The Thunder Bagua One-Shot!''

Here's hoping that THE MOMENT is animated well. Really hope it is, since it's a pretty damn big moment of the Wano Arc (and One Piece imho)

I want it to look like a nuclear bomb went off (maybe more than 1). Utter destruction. lmao
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; December 21st, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

One Piece Episode 916 Preview

Luffy Gear 4 vs Kaido - Episode 915

Last edited by thaihoa91; December 21st, 2019 at 06:27 PM.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Toei took a few liberties with how the event unfolded, that, makes it different than the manga. But overall, I'm quite pleased, and it was still a 1-shot with no clash of attacks before one breaks through the other.

Gotta hand it to Toei and the animation team to make it look as impactful and painful as it did though.

The animation was so polished at the key moments of the episode. If you told me Shingaki was AD i wouldnt believe you.

Discovered Stowaway

Finally, Act 1 end with Epi 916 !

Is there an adaptation induced plot hole when Luffy activates Gear Second without going into his usual pose? He just uses his arms, like in the manga, but he never used it that way in the anime.

Insane episode. I don't care about those small liberties, this was really worth watching, start to finish. Movie-level quality.

I also don't remember a gatling attack this satisfying since the fight vs. Lucci.

I KNOW MAN! I loved it from start to finish!

Didn't like how the anime made it seem like Kaido had to exert a lot of energy just to finish off Luffy, but the rest of the episode was good I guess.

And here i thought 914 was amazing. Stellar episode kudos to the animators and everyone working in the series.

I really have to say that other than some small issues Wano is my favorite arc of the anime.
    Last edited by Papadight1992; December 21st, 2019 at 09:06 PM.

This episode was absolutely phenomenal, I don't care what anybody says.

Tu Yong-ce is an unbelievable force of nature. Umakoshi, Onishi, Kanada, this guy masters every single trait he just doesn't stop. I know everyone's gonna rave about Shida's section, but imo Tu Yong-ce deserves all of the praise in this episode. This guy animated the largest chunk of this episode by a huge landslide and it didn't waver in quality at all.

Takeshi Maenami's super smeary Kanada-esque section was just superb, in spite of the pretty short length of the scene.

Junwen Tan was the episode's main surrounding's effects animator on this episode, i really liked his effects animation a lot, they were sprinkled all throughout this episode.

And of course, to deliver the finishing blow, Mr. Wacky Wavy Inflatable Tube Man Naotoshi Shida comes in to seal the deal.

This is definitely the second best animated episode of the entire series, no doubt about it. Episode 870's still king imo.

Btw all the ones who're pissed about the liberties taken in this episode, lol stay mad. The outcome was the same.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

BUT MY MUNGUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Ok that's that.

Any power-scaler in the fandom regardless of how large or small their clout is, and they know who they are, complaining that Kaido's club maintained contact with Luffy's face for a fraction more than .000000000000000001 seconds is a clown in my book.

Wise words right there Crossword.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

I don't read the comic and only watched this episode because of the hype. Tu pulling off six and a half minutes worth of fighting is nice. I wish he had done fewer cuts so as to improve the quality, though. Much of the fighting just seemed really slow and sluggish. Maybe it the character designs? Stampede had this same issue, too. The drawings don't feel as lively.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

The club hitting Luffy's face in slowmotion was great. The balance between slowmotion and ATATATATATATATA's must be maintained, always! One can't work without the other.

MAYBE I could have done without Kaido screaming like crazy, but eh. It was a named attack and apparently a signature move, let him scream. The entire episode was 80% screaming and 20% "argh...!" anyway.
    And then Hawkin's comment how Law's ability is annoying. The perfect finish line for a perfect episode.

What a way to bookend the year with three of the most well-animated episodes in the whole twenty years to date. No wonder Tu's been complaining about how much of a pain in the ass dragon Kaido is to draw lately - he drew about a third of the episode if my estimation is correct! That's an incredible output for any animator short of inhuman freaks like Masaaki Iwane and the quality was consistently high throughout. Shout out to the Grizzly Magnum in particular where he was channeling Yoshihiko Umakoshi pretty hard.

Aside from Tu's insanity it was cool seeing rising Pokemon star Takeshi Maenami pop up and I liked the lightning effect work done by Tu's fellow Chinese animator Tan Junwen too. And can't forget Shida; he hasn't been active all that much lately (busy with Dragon Ball Super 2 Quest?) so it's nice to see him break out of the Dragon Ball Heroes time-out corner to handle such an important scene. It was idiosyncratic as anything else he does but still really cool to see, and no amount of physics and perspective charts will say otherwise.

Luffy's red Kaioken aura was a bit much (and reminded me of the baffling Gear Second Whitebeard) but if it's the price we have to pay for Nagamine bringing so eye candy to the anime I can live with it. Also liked how the episode provided had a quick, logical explanation for how Law was able to remove the nail and escape instead of it being off-screened.

2019 was a very big year for the One Piece anime; let's see what 2020 has in store.

i rarely post comment , but this episode ,omg , best episode ever, im spechless
    wow, best animated episode in history, its like sweet dream
    10/10
    thank you toei and also big thanks to yong ce tu , this man worked very hard in this episode
    Last edited by proooo; December 21st, 2019 at 11:20 PM.

That was cool even if I think they are overdoing it with the special effects now

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information