+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 960: Introducing Kozuki Oden

Default Chapter 960: Introducing Kozuki Oden

Holy shit, Oden is cool as hell. So many theories are bubbling in my brain right now about him and of course Denjiro.
    I feel like the plans I had for the night are cancelled, because I'll be spending the next few hours going over the spoiler thread.

V
    iz Chapter Link

M
    angaplus Link

Default Re: Chapter 960: Introducing Kozuki Oden

Mangaka Musings

One Piece
    Eiichiro Oda

I want to eat an infinite amount of the Maru-chan Paripari Infinite Cabbage snack. Uh-oh!

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Nice Lucy and Usoppland statues.

. . . I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I wonder how long this flashback will continue. Because Oda started from Oden's youth. It could be as long as the Norland and Ace flashbacks, both of them were 7 chapters.

You sir are an artist. Ten points to gaimondor

They say Blackbeard is evil, he just wanted to pay his respects to WB like Oden

The next great One Piece meme.

By the way, next chapter to officially releases on Friday.

Spoiler:

Amount of fucks given: 0

love it lol

omg...perfect. This needs to become a thing across all of anime deaths

OMG THAT MEME! Its fucking epic. If anything THIS has made Wano the most fun arc ever!

Was I the only one who thought this when it was revealed that a younger Kinnemon was a thug with white hair?

Man, I wish Oda was bit more careful in his zeal to give the shock effect. The body was charred while wood pyre was in shape.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Post of the year.

He's even got the heart, intestines nicely roasted. Looks like it goes well with the Oden.

Prediction, 10 more chapters for flashback, I think:

Chapter 961: Oden resolved thee mountain God incident. Kinemon and Denjiro followed him. Oden meets 2 more scabbards in another incident.
    Chapter 962: Oden resolved the incident in 961. He gains to more scabbard followers. Oden meets 2 more scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 963: Same as 962 with different 2 scabbards.
    Chapter 964: This time he meets 3 scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 965: He resolved the incident on 964. And he now have 9 scabbards! He successfully sailed out of Wano in the end with Inu and Neko.
    Chapter 966: Time with whitebead skimmed. He met Roger.
    Chapter 967: Time with Roger.
    Chapter 968: More time with Roger. Return to Wano. Scabbard Reunion. Toki. Daimyo of Kuri.
    Chapter 969: Momonosuke birth. Peace time. Kaidou incident.
    Chapter 970: Death of Oden. return to current timeline.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    Prediction, 10 more chapters for flashback, I think:

Chapter 961: Oden resolved thee mountain God incident. Kinemon and Denjiro followed him. Oden meets 2 more scabbards in another incident.
    Chapter 962: Oden resolved the incident in 961. He gains to more scabbard followers. Oden meets 2 more scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 963: Same as 962 with different 2 scabbards.
    Chapter 964: This time he meets 3 scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 965: He resolved the incident on 964. And he now have 9 scabbards! He successfully sailed out of Wano in the end with Inu and Neko.
    Chapter 966: Time with whitebead skimmed. He met Roger.
    Chapter 967: Time with Roger.
    Chapter 968: More time with Roger. Return to Wano. Scabbard Reunion. Toki. Daimyo of Kuri.
    Chapter 969: Momonosuke birth. Peace time. Kaidou incident.
    Chapter 970: Death of Oden. return to current timeline.
    I have a feeling this could be condensed into 5 chapters

Man, Oden just has the biggest dick energy, doesn't he? Oda's been building this guy up to be a huge personality in a world comprised almost exclusively of big personalities, and so far I'm not disappointed. He's not just loud and capable and constantly doing what he wants like most other noteworthy One Piece characters, he has the audacity to use a funeral pyre for cooking, to be so involved in all aspects of the underworld before he even hit puberty, to start a "Harem War." Maybe the presentation of his list of feats was exposition-y, but it was necessary to give him the actions needed to back up the way he throws himself around. But for ever one of these stories that could paint him in a negative light (kidnapping young women, even if they were "free to go" after, is a real shady hobby for a heroic figure), we get something positive: underworld violence is balanced with hard work and an implied organic climbing of the ladder in prison, kidnappings with a well-intentioned but failed drought relief plan. And, of course, the final pages seemingly show him with a willingness to jump in put his own life on the line with the Mountain God. I don't doubt that Oden would be an enormous pain to actually live with, but Oda does just enough to keep us on his side as readers.

Also, Wano in its prime is gorgeous, and I'm hoping for as many environmental spread pages as possible just to see it. It's bittersweet to know this is what the country is capable of, because after 20 years of devstation, it's probably not getting back to that point anytime close to the present. At best, I expect some hopeful sprouts coming through the dry ground, but the Straw Hats aren't going to get to see what we're seeing now. Unless, of course, one of the Numbers has a deus ex plant fruit or something.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information