+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 363

Thread: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

  1. #201
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Well age wasn't as much of a contributing factor to WB as his unspecified health problems were.

    Still looked pretty fit for an old man.

    And BM also looked more wrinkly when she got thinner during sweets craze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  2. #202

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    I still can't get over my head that at one point in her life Big Mom was actually gorgeous.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  3. #203
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    It was to be expected. It's Oda.



  4. #204

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    So what do you guys think about God Valley?

    In my opinion, I think God Valley is the island that the Road Poneglyphs point to.
    IIRC, the road poneglyphs point to an island that has a clue that leads to Laugh tale, right?

    So I'm guessing that's the island where we will have the spiritual rematch between Roger and Rocks, in Luffy and Teach.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  5. #205
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    So what do you guys think about God Valley?

    In my opinion, I think God Valley is the island that the Road Poneglyphs point to.
    IIRC, the road poneglyphs point to an island that has a clue that leads to Laugh tale, right?

    So I'm guessing that's the island where we will have the spiritual rematch between Roger and Rocks, in Luffy and Teach.
    I think the mega stones are supposed to lead you to Laughtale. But there's an island at the end of the log post that tells you that you need the road stones.

    A twist could be that God valley is Laughtale where the government secrets are buried and only Roger managed to find it back after they made it disappear somehow.



  6. #206

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Luffy's Marine rival will be any of the Admirals...either Fujitora or Akainu. You know either Luffy or Sabo will face off against Akainu in a grudge match for what he did to Ace.
    I don't know, I genuinely believe Luffy will never fight Akainu with the goal to avenge him.

    I have a couple of reasons.
    1. Both Luffy and Ace understood that their lives were on the line as pirates. So death was always an expected part of it, especially in Luffy's case where he has faced death head on with a smile. So I don't see Luffy going around looking to avenge Ace's death. Heck even as kids, they accepted Sabo's death and moved on.

    2. Akainu, never really did anything that would cause someone like Luffy to seek vengence. He was more or less just doing his job. Unlike other characters, like Arlong and Spandam who actively trampled on his friends dream. Akainu simply goaded Ace a little. And we know that Luffy really doesn't mind when an opponent cheats,like he said when fighting Katakuri.

    3. I have a feeling that Akainu might be redeemed. Especially with the hint that he's connected to the Sword initiative and could be its leader(I even think their fight at Punk Hazard was to determine who would go undercover and who would stay at HQ, and it wasn't for the fleet admiral role.). Now that we know Teach is related to Rocks, it makes sense that Kuzan would go undercover there.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I think the mega stones are supposed to lead you to Laughtale. But there's an island at the end of the log post that tells you that you need the road stones.

    A twist could be that God valley is Laughtale where the government secrets are buried and only Roger managed to find it back after they made it disappear somehow.
    Sure?
    Let me go check real quick and I'll come back with an edit.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  7. #207

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    So what do you guys think about God Valley?

    In my opinion, I think God Valley is the island that the Road Poneglyphs point to.
    IIRC, the road poneglyphs point to an island that has a clue that leads to Laugh tale, right?

    So I'm guessing that's the island where we will have the spiritual rematch between Roger and Rocks, in Luffy and Teach.
    The Road Poneglyphs doesn't point to islands where you get clues about how to find Laugh Tale. Instead, the Road Poneglyphs give you the coordinates of four locations, then you have to do some basic geometry to find the point of intersection of those four location, and this central point is Laftel.

  8. #208

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    The Road Poneglyphs doesn't point to islands where you get clues about how to find Laugh Tale. Instead, the Road Poneglyphs give you the coordinates of four locations, then you have to do some basic geometry to find the point of intersection of those four location, and this central point is Laftel.
    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I think the mega stones are supposed to lead you to Laughtale. But there's an island at the end of the log post that tells you that you need the road stones.

    A twist could be that God valley is Laughtale where the government secrets are buried and only Roger managed to find it back after they made it disappear somehow.
    Yup you guys are right.

    I just thought it was a weird coincidence that both LaughTale and God Valley are islands that are lost and can't be found on a map.

    So maybe the last Road Poneglyph will be at God Valley. instead of being with Shanks like we all assumed, since we know where the other 3 are located. And it would make sense why the Emperors never want to war against each other for them, its because they couldn't find location for the last one.

    Anyway, I really hope we see it outside of flashback.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  9. #209

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    I also think it is possible that God Valley became either Baltigo or Punk Hazard.

    Baltigo was so super secret that apparently nobody could find it. Dragon, who is Garp's son and detests the Celestial Dragons, choose it as its hideout. Blackbeard, who seems to have a connection with Rocks, was very eager to attack it and their raid on it didn't really have any other effect on the story yet. Also, apparently Cipher Pol seized it afterwards.

    Punk Hazard was a secret island for Marines and the Government, which not even the Log Pose would point to. There are still some unexplained things about the place, i.e. the giant skeletons or the frozen people in the lab. The Celestial Dragon's also had some connections to the island as it was mentioned that Dragon Nr. 13 was named by one of them.

    Or it's just the island before Raftel.


  10. #210

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Even if Oda was so inclined there is no way to make Akainu not a monster.

    Some children can't be unmurdered.

  11. #211

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    God Valley is the "monster" hidden in the mist of the Florian Triangle.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  12. #212

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Even if Oda was so inclined there is no way to make Akainu not a monster.

    Some children can't be unmurdered.
    True. Sakazuki has done alot of unforgiveable things.
    But Caeser Clown was the same and he's more or less been redeemed in the story now. So was Crocodile in a way.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    I also think it is possible that God Valley became either Baltigo or Punk Hazard.

    Baltigo was so super secret that apparently nobody could find it. Dragon, who is Garp's son and detests the Celestial Dragons, choose it as its hideout. Blackbeard, who seems to have a connection with Rocks, was very eager to attack it and their raid on it didn't really have any other effect on the story yet. Also, apparently Cipher Pol seized it afterwards.

    Punk Hazard was a secret island for Marines and the Government, which not even the Log Pose would point to. There are still some unexplained things about the place, i.e. the giant skeletons or the frozen people in the lab. The Celestial Dragon's also had some connections to the island as it was mentioned that Dragon Nr. 13 was named by one of them.

    Or it's just the island before Raftel.
    I don't think it was Baltigo, otherwise Teach would have either attacked it himself, or permanently setup shop there, instead of the beehive.

    I also don't think it was Punk Hazard, because like you said, common Marines and scientists had access to it, and from what we know of the WG, when they decide to wipe something out, they make sure its completely wiped out.

    I think the last Road Glyph is there and Teach and Luffy will fight to see who gets to take it in the end, effectively making the winner the Pirate King,since they will have access to Laugh Tale.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  13. #213

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    True. Sakazuki has done alot of unforgiveable things.
    But Caeser Clown was the same and he's more or less been redeemed in the story now. So was Crocodile in a way.
    Oh i see what you mean. I wouldn't call those guys redeemed in any meaningful way. But i see what you are hoping for.

  14. #214
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    If Mihawks title turns out to be like that a sizable chunk of this board will need theraphy for post-traumatic stress
    And at this point they would be the only one to blame for it.

    Back in 2005/07 I fully understood the hype around Mihawk, despite there being not much to rely on. We knew little about the world, just like the protagonists, and so he acted as this insanely strong figure representing the top.

    But as the years passed Oda kept removing block after block of Mihawk's Jenga tower of hype, to the point that it's about to collapse. And the current chapter just removed another important block, if not the most important.

    Spoiler:


  15. #215

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    And at this point they would be the only one to blame for it.

    Back in 2005/07 I fully understood the hype around Mihawk, despite there being not much to rely on. We knew little about the world, just like the protagonists, and so he acted as this insanely strong figure representing the top.

    But as the years passed Oda kept removing block after block of Mihawk's Jenga tower of hype, to the point that it's about to collapse. And the current chapter just removed another important block, if not the most important.

    Yeah, I would say Mihawk is on the level of the Rayleighs and Katakuris of the world. Strong enough to take on most threats. Even an admiral BUT not strong enough to single handedly destroy entire islands like Emperors(who are basically the embodiment of natural disasters, at least Teach, Kaidou and Big Mom are)
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  16. #216

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    In my opinion, God Valley belonged to the Tenryuubito, a place very special to them for historic or symbolic/religious reasons. I doubt the last Road Poneglyph is there.

    Btw, someone I know recently made a theory that the lyrics of Binks no Sake is the last Road Poneglyph (even if the respective stone was also printed). The idea is based on the new romanization of Laftel as "Laugh Tale", because the song uses the japanese word "warainabashi", which is synonymous to "laugh tale" (a fun/funny story), therefore the lyrics could be secretly referring to the island.

    Well, I know nothing of japanese, so I don't know if the japanese lyrics could have other puns that help this theory... but oh boy, that would be pretty romantic! The will of the D. passed down across the generations inspiring exactly what they preach: to have a free spirit, and thus the song helps its fans to find Laugh Tale.
    Last edited by theackwardstation; October 1st, 2019 at 04:07 PM.

  17. #217

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Yeah, I would say Mihawk is on the level of the Rayleighs and Katakuris of the world. Strong enough to take on most threats. Even an admiral BUT not strong enough to single handedly destroy entire islands like Emperors(who are basically the embodiment of natural disasters, at least Teach, Kaidou and Big Mom are)
    Rayleigh? If he helped Roger defeat Rocks pirates he must have defeated a few would-be yonkous that are around in the story now.



    Year of Sanji, let's go!

  18. #218
    Duuuude
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queens, New York, USA

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Hmm. I wonder if Roger was even a "pirate" back then, when he fought alongside Garp.

  19. #219

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Rayleigh? If he helped Roger defeat Rocks pirates he must have defeated a few would-be yonkous that are around in the story now.
    That's a good point. But that was the emperors before they hit their prime.
    So its like how we all expect Zoro/Sanji to beat King/Queen.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  20. #220

    Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Rayleigh? If he helped Roger defeat Rocks pirates he must have defeated a few would-be yonkous that are around in the story now.
    Oh sure its easy to beat up a bunch of 30 year olds who are still growing. Come back and face them when they are 60+ like a real man would do. Bah beating up non-senior citizens and expecting it to count? This is crazy talk i tell you

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts