+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 514

Thread: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

  1. #201
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    They're not Luffy though, so I don't get this argument. They're all skeptical anyhow, it's not like they're just taking it as a given.
    The revolutionaries should be used to the government painting them in a bad light so it would be strange if they were shook because the government claim Sabo did horrible things. It's also why I have hard time with the Dadan theory since Luffy is already a muderer that murdered thousands at Ennias Lobby so they should either be used to the kids being monsters or not trust the government judging morals.



  2. #202

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Luffy who barely knew Robin for some weeks, wouldn't stop believing in her and would no-doubt crush a massive WG installation to get her back.

    There´s just NO possible scenario where Koala goes on with; oh hey, the newspaper that lied out loud about Doula Mongo leaving the Shichibukai. yup gonna cry my eyes out of 'this baddie stuff Sabo was reported to have done'.

    More or less the same for Makino and Dadan.

    And Dragon would instantly call on bullshit as well, instead of his concerned face he showed up.

    Death it is. Sabo was reported to be dead, weather or not said news are true, the report is most definitely his supposed demise.
    It feels like you just hate Sabo.

  3. #203
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It feels like you just hate Sabo.
    eeh wot, if Wapol is your source then not.

    I'm just picturing what the most logical report would be, death seems half-convincing for someone who attacked a place where two admiral were at.

    anything else, meh, as if Dragon would eat it.

  4. #204

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The revolutionaries should be used to the government painting them in a bad light so it would be strange if they were shook because the government claim Sabo did horrible things. It's also why I have hard time with the Dadan theory since Luffy is already a muderer that murdered thousands at Ennias Lobby so they should either be used to the kids being monsters or not trust the government judging morals.
    Frankly, I'm just of the belief that Makino and Dadan's reactions are purposely presented the way they are to throw people off. Combing over the Rev's dialogue in particular makes me lean more towards it being about something Sabo did, allegedly or otherwise. It just doesn't feel like how they'd speak about him had he died, not to mention the matter of whatever happened to the others.



    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Koala and Ivankov are revos.

    and there´s really no way they´re taking anything on Sabo getting framed for stuff, would make them look biblically dumb.
    I don't see how this logic doesn't apply to them thinking Sabo is dead. Also, who's to say he was framed? We have no idea what exactly happened to begin with.

  5. #205

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    - They would be too dumb to believe he did something bad, so it has to be he died.
    - Couldn't they just check that looking at his Vivre Card?
    - No, they are too dumb for that.

  6. #206
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Frankly, I'm just of the belief that Makino and Dadan's reactions are purposely presented the way they are to throw people off. Combing over the Rev's dialogue in particular makes me lean more towards it being about something Sabo did, allegedly or otherwise. It just doesn't feel like how they'd speak about him had he died, not to mention the matter of whatever happened to the others.
    Why does it have to be one thing or the other? Why not both?

    They could frame Sabo to cover a horrible incident AND confirm/insinuate that he is dead or about to die. I mean, even news that he got captured could be taken as a death sentence, since we don't know how they are treating Revolutionaries. So the ladies close to Sabo only care for his condition, maybe they can't even think straight because the idea of him being dead is too much for them to handle. However, Ivankov and Dragon may also consider the big picture and what it means for the organisation. Maybe they even want to deduce from the "fake news" that Sabo being dead / captured is also fake.

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco.
    - They would be too dumb to believe he did something bad, so it has to be he died.
    What if someone uninvolved died during their raid on Marie Gois? We know Sabo clashed against two admirals, and we know what happens when people of that calibre fight. Super believable that someone would get hit in the crossfire, even if it wasn't Sabo's intention. Of course its still the Governments lie to cover up what really happened (Imu shenanigans?), but I wouldn't blame Dragon and Ivankov if they're second guessing how things transpired.

    Also got to remember that they likely don't know about the secret oracle in the WG basement. They have no reason to believe that the Government would kill one of its members, especially during the Reverie. It's super crazy "out there" shit, while their hothead top commander did wreck havoc with their consent.


  7. #207

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Why does it have to be one thing or the other? Why not both?

    They could frame Sabo to cover a horrible incident AND confirm/insinuate that he is dead or about to die. I mean, even news that he got captured could be taken as a death sentence, since we don't know how they are treating Revolutionaries. So the ladies close to Sabo only care for his condition, maybe they can't even think straight because the idea of him being dead is too much for them to handle. However, Ivankov and Dragon may also consider the big picture and what it means for the organisation. Maybe they even want to deduce from the "fake news" that Sabo being dead / captured is also fake.
    I mean, sure, maybe. I was initially just responding to someone that stated plainly that they believe the only conclusion is that Sabo is dead, that pretty much nothing else is a possibility.

    Maybe it is both, but if I had to pick just one choice, currently I'd stick with him having done something. Either way, can't wait to find out... eventually lol

  8. #208
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    I think he is either captured to be executed or seriously presumed dead. You can't fake a death/capture because the person just has to appear to confirm it's BS. And we know there was both an attempt abd a "succesful" death before tampering.

    The event happen probably attempt on Vivi or her father. Sabo intervened and that's when he got captured or injured badly. I could see it involving killing Kuma because he was no longer himself and about to complete the asassination.



  9. #209
    Discovered Stowaway mr.blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indonesian

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    You fought against an Admiral, of cours you will die, lose or captured. Maybe if Dragon was there, RAs commander was safe. But we still dont know how strong Dragon is? So in my opinion, Sabo's dead or captured.

  10. #210

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    So they’re framing Sabo for Vivi’s murder? But Vivi isn’t actually dead, I hope.

  11. #211

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Not to mention that we know Law wasn't scouted by Marines. He formed a gang in Swallow Island with Bepo, Shachi and Penguin.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    It's a requisite. It was established in the very first chapters that people with ties to piracy are forbidden from enlisting. They make background checks.

    Koby only managed to get in because Ripper was grateful enough to Luffy to turn a blind eye.

    Edit: Wait... I think mistook your point.

    But still, I think it makes sense to have people with piracy experience in spy roles. They would know first-hand how pirates organize or coordinate themselves, picking up dialects, practices and stuff.

    You're downplaying the "credibility" part since that's essential to espionage work.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Navy HQ tends to be used for Marines that actually work at the HQ. That's about it.

    They are said to be better-trained and stronger soldiers than branch Marines.

    You guys are overthinking and overplaying this too much.

    Most pirates are hardly selfaware enough to look at stuff like that.
    Kaidou and big mom literally let anybody that wants to join for example, and they are already the elite of pirates with their own network.
    And you do not need to have pirate experiencw to know those things, thats what intelligence agencies literally are known and used for.
    Drake, or especially coby, are not more qualified since they have Connections to pirates.

    We are talking about a manga in which the supposed elite spies and assassins literally announce who they are.

  12. #212

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    It just hit me that Drake dresses like an undercover cop that's trying too hard lol

    Most Pirates don't wear that, idiot. Only Kata wears that punk rock mess

  13. #213

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    If Sabo's news is about him doing something nasty, maybe it's about killing Connie, aka Bonnie? Since she was following Kuma and all. Perhaps she tried to intervene in that mess and ended up yeeted out of Marie Jois by Kuma, but it looked like Sabo carbonized her. And now he's been arrested for her murder or something.

  14. #214

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    We had the "hint" from Pedro that, if Dragon or Sabo were killed or captured, it would be big news. Soooo...
    By the way, you can't check a Vivre Card if it's completely burned.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  15. #215

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    So what will luffy do if sabo is captured.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; September 22nd, 2019 at 02:46 AM.

  16. #216

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    what is strange is that the news only concerns Sabo and none of the others revolution commanders
    Whereas we know they assault during the reverie and here it happens a week later. Dragon says they can't contact anyone, so have they all been arrested after the attack ? There is a lot of unknown

  17. #217

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    You guys are overthinking and overplaying this too much.
    But you have to admit that it is quite a coincidence that all three field agents we have seen so far have happend to be former pirates or related to pirates.

  18. #218

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Have you considered that sword might not be an officially sanctioned unit?
    Which would make it a powerless institution with no purpose.

  19. #219

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    Which would make it a powerless institution with no purpose.
    How do you figure that it would lack purpose? I can see lacking direct power to act, but there are ways around it when their ranks hold some of the highest ranked marines who can do and command quite alot on their own accord and call in requests for others on the behalf of their sword agents. But the purpose seems clear enough in any case

  20. #220
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

    Invisible Sanji will save Sabo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts