+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 902: "The Yokozuna Approaches - The Invincible Urashima Pursues O-Kiku!"

Default 902: "The Yokozuna Approaches - The Invincible Urashima Pursues O-Kiku!"

I don't think any of this is going to go how Mr. Shoreline envisions it.

Title: "The Yokozuna Approaches - The Invincible Urashima Pursues O-Kiku!"
    Chapters Covered: rest of 915
    Episode Director: Katsumi Tokoro (****)
    Animation Director: Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 902: "The Yokozuna Approaches - The Invincible Urashima Pursues O-Kiku!"

One Piece Episode 903 Preview

Gomu Gomu no Tsuppari Luffy - Episode 902

Default Re: 902: "The Yokozuna Approaches - The Invincible Urashima Pursues O-Kiku!"

Tu Yong Ce knocked it out of the park this episode with Luffy and Zoro laying the smackdown on those fodder. That was extremely satisfying.

This episode, despite nothing happening, felt better paced than last weeks in terms of events it handled. So while nothing happened, it felt like a lot happened.

Overall, really solid episode.

Next episode looks good.

Funny. I felt the opposite. Last week at least had a few different scenes and an interesting character introduction, whereas this week was one really long, drawn out scene where little, almost nothing, happened until the final minute. Not only that, but I thought the animation was stiff and the art was the worst—or at least most standard and boring—it’s been in weeks. I’ve rarely been so bored watching OP these past few months as I was with this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Funny. I felt the opposite. Last week at least had a few different scenes and an interesting character introduction, whereas this week was one really long, drawn out scene where little, almost nothing, happened until the final minute. Not only that, but I thought the animation was stiff and the art was the worst—or at least most standard and boring—it’s been in weeks. I’ve rarely been so bored watching OP these past few months as I was with this episode.
    I think I felt that way because there was actual movement and stuff going this episode in terms of the setting instead of being mainly confined to one room, and thus they had generally more to expand upon in terms of setting. Tu Yong Ce's scene as an animation highlight has been the strongest thing we've gotten in terms of action in a little while. More stuff like this when handling fodder fights would be great at making them bearable(satisfying to see Zoro and Luffy take out fodder in a satisfyingly animated manner).
    https://sakugabooru.com/data/eb54ad07c050aaed070a9a03d18a7c7f.mp4

Solid episode overall.

There was maybe a very slow story progression this week, but at least a good bunch of stuff happened.

Really loved Tu Yong-ce's amazing scene in today's episode. Also maybe because I didn't expect much from an animation perspective for this week's episode. Reminded me of the specific choreography from episode 892 when Zoro was slicing the Samurai left and right.

I really love this type of fight choreography, therefore this may be one of my favorite scenes Tu Yong-ce has animated.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/87136
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; September 15th, 2019 at 04:31 AM.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Not bad, they're keeping up with that 40 chapter gap, I wonder what's their plans for the future

Last edited by Skippy; September 16th, 2019 at 07:29 PM.
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

True enough. The few seconds of that fight were really well directed and animated. The direction of the Okiku scenes felt off/odd to me. First, Zoro deciding not to help her, then Okiku deciding to pretend she was weak and screaming as Urashima attacked her. It made sense for Zoro to be like, “she can defend herself,” but the whole procession of the sumo wrestler grabbing her and telling Zoro he shouldn’t cut him felt very weird. That worked better in the manga, where is was off screen and operated as a gag rather than a serious moment of brief kidnapping. Then Okiku is just a really good actress at the end where she plays a screaming victim despite just showing off her talent with a sword. Luffy, even though he was just told she’s capable, comes in to save her, so I’m not sure here if Luffy is also tricked by her despite what Zoro said. If he’s not tricked, why’d he jump in to save her? Anyways, it felt odd to me the way the scene was executed; maybe a different director could’ve made it seem more natural.

I’m really surprised this episode covered 13 pages. It felt like it covered three. Thank god they’re off the lion dog, though; his shitty running animation was an eye sore and I hated his fake-sounding foley running noises.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information