+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 955: ENMA

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Chapter 955: ENMA

To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Default Re: Chapter 955: ENMA

So Franky is actually readying to carry 100,000 people instead of 10,000???

And I don't know if I missed the information on the fan translations, but I am glad Zoro mentioned he never used Sunacchi. The fact it came out of nowhere despite he never using it was something that always bothered me whenever the word was brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So Franky is actually readying to carry 100,000 people instead of 10,000???

And I don't know if I missed the information on the fan translations, but I am glad Zoro mentioned he never used Sunacchi. The fact it came out of nowhere despite he never using it was something that always bothered me whenever the word was brought up.
    I completely agree, it did bug me a little.

Also Orochi's words are a lot clearer in this translation.

So Kuina has ties with Wano probably being possibly the granddaughter of that swordsmith.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

I guess Law and Drake will ambush Orochi. There is no way they are postponig today's operation to another day.

I reckon Oda might do a little bit of a plot twist here and have the alliance already found out the traitor off screen, so he can pull a big surprise. That - in my theory - is also why it is so clearly shown here already that the whole plan has been leaked to Orochi and is bound to fail - so he can subvert the expectation when the scabbards seemingly get ambushed at Tokage Port, but then appear at a different port instead. Notice how both times Kinemon mentions the port this chapter he never directly calls it by name ("Tokage Port")?

Maybe Law in reality has gotten in contact with them and shared the traitor's identity, though Kinemon obviously would state the opposite in front of the one - he explicitly mentions Law in front of Okiku and Shinobu this chapter.

Okay, I've been thinking long and hard about this and I've come to two conclusions:

1-Whoever is leaking the plans has nothing to do with Jack finding Zou

2-The snitch is Hiyori and Kyoshiro is her middle man.

Orochi is clearly receiving information from the leaker, but he has no idea that Raizo and Co. are back so he's not the one that sent Jack to Zou looking for him. I'm sure we could make up a more complex explanation to justify this but there's no need to. We all thought that, since the alliance apparently got betrayed twice, that it'd have the same origin. A reasonable assumption, but just that: an assumption. There's actually no real connection between the two incidents nor a reason to think there's one beyond the villains knowing things they shouldn't, but it's not even the same villains or the same things.

Now about Hiyori and Kyoshiro. If you recall, this was actually already hinted at when the plan first got leaked. In that same chapter we saw Kyoshiro holding the message, and we know he got it from Komurasaki's dead body. Of course, everyone thought it was a red herring at the time. But let's look at the information Orochi has this chapter:

-Hiyori's location: When Inuarashi asks Kawamatsu where is Hiyori, he doesn't answer. Instead he just says she's safe and there's no need to worry. Now, he could have told everyone at any moment during these days, but I feel like this would have been the appropriate time to have that conversation? And if he didn't, then that's pretty damning, because the only people that should know are Zoro, Kawamatsu and Hiyori herself. Zoro is obviously not the traitor and Kawamatsu was still in jail the first time the plan got leaked, so it can't be him either. That only leaves Hiyori.

-He knows that Udon has fallen but not that the guards are under Tama's control: There's one person that would have this incomplete information: Kawamatsu, because he left right after they took over the prison but before Tama started working her magic. Again, he has an alibi, but he met with Hiyori shortly afterwards, so he could have told her. In fact I'd say it's pretty likely considering their relationship.

-The port switch: This one I can't really pin on her. She was present at Yasu's execution but that doesn't really leads to her being in the know about the change of plans. That said, this is the easiest information to get, because all you need is the modified message and anyone in Wano would understand.

Those are my two cents. The obvious objection is 'why'. Why would Hiyori betray the alliance and even inform Orochi of her own location? And to be honest I have no clue. I can only assume she's playing 4D chess or something. But I feel pretty confident about this. I think I'm onto something here.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Okay, I've been thinking long and hard about this and I've come to two conclusions:

1-Whoever is leaking the plans has nothing to do with Jack finding Zou

2-The snitch is Hiyori and Kyoshiro is her middle man.

Orochi is clearly receiving information from the leaker, but he has no idea that Raizo and Co. are back so he's not the one that sent Jack to Zou looking for him. I'm sure we could make up a more complex explanation to justify this but there's no need to. We all thought that, since the alliance apparently got betrayed twice, that it'd have the same origin. A reasonable assumption, but just that: an assumption. There's actually no real connection between the two incidents nor a reason to think there's one beyond the villains knowing things they shouldn't, but it's not even the same villains or the same things.

Now about Hiyori and Kyoshiro. If you recall, this was actually already hinted at when the plan first got leaked. In that same chapter we saw Kyoshiro holding the message, and we know he got it from Komurasaki's dead body. Of course, everyone thought it was a red herring at the time. But let's look at the information Orochi has this chapter:

-Hiyori's location: When Inuarashi asks Kawamatsu where is Hiyori, he doesn't answer. Instead he just says she's safe and there's no need to worry. Now, he could have told everyone at any moment during these days, but I feel like this would have been the appropriate time to have that conversation? And if he didn't, then that's pretty damning, because the only people that should know are Zoro, Kawamatsu and Hiyori herself. Zoro is obviously not the traitor and Kawamatsu was still in jail the first time the plan got leaked, so it can't be him either. That only leaves Hiyori.

-He knows that Udon has fallen but not that the guards are under Tama's control: There's one person that would have this incomplete information: Kawamatsu, because he left right after they took over the prison but before Tama started working her magic. Again, he has an alibi, but he met with Hiyori shortly afterwards, so he could have told her. In fact I'd say it's pretty likely considering their relationship.

-The port switch: This one I can't really pin on her. She was present at Yasu's execution but that doesn't really leads to her being in the know about the change of plans. That said, this is the easiest information to get, because all you need is the modified message and anyone in Wano would understand.

Those are my two cents. The obvious objection is 'why'. Why would Hiyori betray the alliance and even inform Orochi of her own location? And to be honest I have no clue. I can only assume she's playing 4D chess or something. But I feel pretty confident about this. I think I'm onto something here.
    Sorry but it simply does not make sense for Hiyori to give away her own location to the man 50% responsible for the deaths of Oden and Lady Toki.

All good points, but just pointing out Cho went to Ringo to retreive the swords Onimaru collected, so even if Kawamatsu didn't mention the place Hiyori was himself it's possible all those people came in contact with her and the information spreaded (he also mentions she is safe wherever she is, so she probably wasn't left alone).

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Regardless of whether you like it or not, it's a power up. That's not exactly up for debate.

And I'm not saying Sanji shouldn't care, although I don't really care myself. I'm saying that it's weird to suddenly gripe about it when he's literally never been shown training before, and has gotten his respective power up before both Zoro and Luffy. And just like the two of them, he'll have his fair share of the action in this war arc.

Lastly, the Page One fight you deride as being skipped straight up has Sanji go over what the raid suit does.
    It's the way things are presented. Both Luffy and Zoro are preparing for the big fight. Whether Sanji is preparing or isn't is unimportant. It's that Oda doesn't take time to show it. Not even a single panel of Sanji looking at his suit in canister form and smoking a cigarette.

Wonder how Sanji's action bits will compare to some of other more prominent actors in this arc. Competition is pretty big.

Yeah, that going over part was pretty lazy. Why not take a little time to figure out some tricks. Especially since we don't see it in action for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's the way things are presented. Both Luffy and Zoro are preparing for the big fight. Whether Sanji is preparing or isn't is unimportant. It's that Oda doesn't take time to show it. Not even a single panel of Sanji looking at his suit in canister form and smoking a cigarette.

Wonder how Sanji's action bits will compare to some of other more prominent actors in this arc. Competition is pretty big.

Yeah, that going over part was pretty lazy. Why not take a little time to figure out some tricks. Especially since we don't see it in action for long.
    Tbh and in 955 chapters of non-constant training from Sanji.
    His biggest feat is always been pulling off power ups out of his royal ass.

Why are we assuming that Orochi doesn't know that the scabbards are in the scene?

We don't know what information Orochi knows and what he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Why are we assuming that Orochi doesn't know that the scabbards are in the scene?

We don't know what information Orochi knows and what he doesn't.
    Because at the banquet he kept going off about how they would return according to the prophecy and whatnot. That's not how he would talk if he knew for a fact they are back. I guess he could have learnt that info since, but he definitely couldn't have known when Jack attacked Zou.

As I thought, Shusui hit a sealing (smh ceiling) and Enma hasn't. It felt weird seeing some confuse a Black Blade with a Supreme Grade Blade
    Last edited by Cockycent; September 13th, 2019 at 03:25 PM.

Seems with Enma its intended to make the Swords more interesting again, giving them special abbilites.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Because it's not necessary. He didn't take the time to show it because he's never done so before in the first place. And I know you earlier snarked a bit that Oda made space to show off the secondary characters/civilians, but my stance is that that was more important to show and set the tone for this chapter. Namely the juxtaposition between their lack of hope and the Scabbards marching onwards looking very determined, I thought that was well done, and preferable to basic training panels from the others that we don't actually need to see. Only Luffy and to a lesser extent Zoro have a specific thing they're training towards achieving in those last few days before the festival.

But seriously, something like him simply staring at his cannister would've satisfied you? From what I've seen, you've made it clear that you harbor a (understandable) negative bias towards the character, and I frankly don't feel like anything less than a proper full-fledged fight would do the trick for you anyhow. Otherwise I don't see why you need to nitpick him not training, when again, he's literally never done so before.

If this arc so far only had Zoro and Luffy gain power ups at this point in time, where Sanji didn't have his new raid suit, I'd completely agree with your cynical assertion that Oda's perception of him has clearly changed. But that isn't what happened, not to mention we just came off an Sanji-centered arc where Luffy went to go and retrieve him in part due to needing his strength for the upcoming war.

As for Sanji having competition, I'm really not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Why would Hiyori betray the alliance and even inform Orochi of her own location?
    I feel like this in particular makes your theory fall apart. Why would Hiyori, who is considered dead as "Komurasaki", reveal to Orochi where she is in a report? It doesn't make any sense. Orochi in the official release very plainly calls the presumed leaker an "untrustworthy" fool. This clearly implies that the leaker and Hiyori are not the same person, as the report definitely does not come across as Hiyori speaking of herself in the 3rd person.

Aside from that, I still completely disagree with any theories that label Hiyori as an outright traitor. She's been nothing but helpful, she told Zoro her true identity for no benefit to her, gave him a better sword, cried over the SMILE tragedy, etc. etc.

Having her own agenda is one thing that I'm keeping an open mind to, but directly conspiring with Orochi? I can't see it happening.

Come to think that the probable reason why we haven't seen the other 4 members of the Six Flying Fuckers is probably because they weren't even on the Island but instead around the NW guarding the other islands from Kaido's territory, and we could get to see him arrive Wano next chapter similar to how vice admirals were arriving Marine HQ before Ace's execution.
    Along with Scotch of course who's been weirdly out of the picture this far.

I didn't see Ussop in this chapter, maybe he's back on the Sunny and is working on Sanji's suit and new weapons or something.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

So why is next weeks chapter also apparently officially releasing on friday? Some holiday in japan?

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    So why is next weeks chapter also apparently officially releasing on friday? Some holiday in japan?
    Autumn Equinox Day on the 23th

"There will be an answer, let it be."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information