+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 955: ENMA

Default Re: Chapter 955: ENMA

I really hope for a two chapter flashback interlude about Reverie as for Ace vs Teach
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    1 of the few criticisms that I can agree with is that the cake baking should of been highlighted more, but it is understandable because it was more about hiding their intentions and feeding BM. That's all before you factor in how suffocating Luffy vs Katakuri was to the story
    Yeah. It for sure could have been better. I think Oda must have been aware of those possibilities. I think he might have been trying to make a point about Sanji's importance as a cook as a cook being just as important, if not more so, than him as a fighter, and having him fight while cooking may have underminded that. Still, I was looking forward to One Piece x Toriko.

edit: I read your comment and just presumed your extra highlighting of the cake would have included fighting. I see it does not.

Maybe we will have luffy's fleat incident since Oda spoke about it recently.

Discovered Stowaway

I've seen that kind of thing where Zoro's arm was getting possessed in a couple of other series, so I was hoping it would have been a little bit more of a trial for him to get it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Why do we still need thousands of men when Luffy could just use CoC ? He did it on 50.000 fishmen, I dont get why it wouldn't work on 30.000 human
    Remember Marineford had 100,000 soldiers and most of them survived CoC. I would assume the great part of Kaido's and Orochi's troops would survive those attacks.

The regular fishman is a lot stronger than the regular human. But remember, these AREN'T regular humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    What? It has nothing to do with friendship, it's a literal war. You think the proud samurai of Wano would only let the strongest among them fight by themselves? That makes no sense. Whether or not they can take a CoC blast is irrelevant, you're not convincing them to stay home. As good as CoC, practically speaking you still need your average soldiers.

And I'm pretty sure the whole thing with Whitebeard is that he sent his crew/alliance into a war over just one of his sons. That's not comparable at all to people fighting to liberate their country. As for Shanks, for all we know the rest of his men were nearby, but it's a pretty moot point to bring up when Shanks had no intention of fighting a war to begin with.
    yeah, friendship/proud whatever.
    I'm just saying that people will die and Luffy could stop this by using CoC

And yes, one of the reasons was that WB was too weak to use CoC or even CoA. That's how he got hit by that damn Squard

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kai D. Ou View Post
    Remember Marineford had 100,000 soldiers and most of them survived CoC. I would assume the great part of Kaido's and Orochi's troops would survive those attacks.
    That's only because he hadn't mastered his CoC. Otherwise they would have all been knocked out.

Anyways, I hope we'll see enough CoC during that war that's supposed to be bigger than Marineford

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/924/page/6

Y
    eah, sure.

Those 30000 men are irrelevant, the top 30-40 people are gonna be tough especially with Kaido being one of them.
    I don't expect no one to be affected just that he wont drop most. Like maybe 500 thousands drop. It would be weird if Luffy dropped 29000 of them I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    People criticising Sanji's lack of fights in WCI arc and complaining he was only baking a cake don't get what Oda was trying to do at all. The reason Sanji didn't get a major fight was because Oda felt that there was no reason to prove Sanji's worth strengthwise...sure, his family thinks he is a weakling and thus worthless, but who cares about their opinion? They are scum. If Oda had given us a huge Sanji fight where he beat up a super strong foe, impressing his father and brothers, it would have just validated their opinion that you can only have worth as a person when you are really strong.

This is something that Oda constantly fights against. In Enies Lobby, he could have simply given Usopp a fight against someone from CP9 to deal with his insecurity problems, but instead he made him lose his fight and then focused on his sharpshooting skills instead of his fighting skills because that is what he brings to the table, his unique role in the crew. It's the same with Sanji: he is a cook first,a fighter second. It may have been anticlimactic for fight junkies but imo completely right to focus on his supreme skills as a cook instead of giving his role as a fighter much focus. Because that is what his character is ultimately all about. He may act like a dick oftentimes, but he is ultimately a kind person a heart who likes helping others in need - his role as a cook emphasizes his character perfectly. He even helps his enemies, even if it'll be a disadvantage to him later on, when they are in desperate need of food. Big Mom starving was in a way a replay of Sanji feeding Don Krieg back in the Baratie arc when he was starving, too - it may be foolish to save someone who'll be trying to kill you afterwards, just like it's foolish to save the family that hates you and treats you horribly, but it is who Sanji is as a person and Oda clearly understands his character completely.

People may not like Sanji's character, but I think it's ridiculous to claim that Oda doesn't either and wants to sideline him, especially after just having an arc focusing on his character, including a second flashback to his childhood. You may not like the execution, fine, but you can't handwave the fact that Oda really gave Sanji major, major focus just last arc when he really didn't have to at all.

Also, forget to mention, but since I've just reread the arc recently: I get why some might feel the cake was handled anticlimactically, but reading the whole arc in volume format, it comes much better across how Sanji first saves his crew and then the whole country just with his baking skills.
    It's not germa's opinion, it's the fans that claimed for years that sanji is weak now lol, based on his battles with doflamingo and vergo.
    And the cake scenario was wierd, not only he gave it to capone so BM doesn't even know who made it, pudding seem to get the credit for it, but it also didn't save anyone. Jimbe, sun pirates, vinsmokes were left behind at BM's mercy.

And I don't agree about the cook first. They are pirates first, then whatever role they got on the ship. Cooks don't kick mountain sized giant like a football, or flies, or is part of same M3 as two people fighting for the world's strongest title. And sanji is even better since he is up there with zoro and luffy without magical rubber powers or 3 great grade swords, just using legs. At least until wano.
    If sanji was tech based since ever, and no real fighting skills besides it, maybe then you could push the cook first, fighter second thing.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; September 14th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    It's not germa's opinion, it's the fans that claimed for years that sanji is weak now lol, based on his battles with doflamingo and vergo.
    And the cake scenario was wierd, not only he gave it to capone so BM doesn't even know who made it, pudding seem to get the credit for it, but it also didn't save anyone. Jimbe, sun pirates, vinsmokes were left behind at BM's mercy.
    It's still Germa's opinion, perhaps based on the opinion of fight-junkie fans who think that a main character's worth only depends on how many fights he has won recently.

What does it matter if Big Mom knows Sanji baked the cake? It's not like he did it to impress her or to be praised for his skills. And yeah it saved people. Big Mom was seconds away from annihilating the Sunny and everyone on it. If he hadn't baked a cake that was able to get Big Mom's attention, Nami, Chopper, Brook, Carrot and even Jinbe would probably have been destroyed by her. And these characters weren't left behind, they willingly stayed behind to assure the crew's safety - there is really nothing the cake could have accomplished to prevent that. Also, we might not care as much since there weren't any civilian characters we were emotionally attached to, but that doesn't change the fact that Sanjis cake single-handedly saved the whole country and every person living there from Big Mom's rampage. Just imagine Trump going on an insane rampage and someone stopping him before he destroys New York and then the rest of the U.S. - that's basically what Sanji did just by being a great cook.

And I don't agree about the cook first. They are pirates first, then whatever role they got on the ship. Cooks don't kick mountain sized giant like a football, or flies, or is part of same M3 as two people fighting for the world's strongest title. And sanji is even better since he is up there with zoro and luffy without magical rubber powers or 3 great grade swords, just using legs. At least until wano.
    If sanji was tech based since ever, and no real fighting skills besides it, maybe then you could push the cook first, fighter second thing.
    I don't get what you are saying here at all. Yeah ok they are pirates first as a group, and Sanji's role on the crew is that of the ship's cook. That's what he was recruited for, that's his ultimate service for the crew: he assures that they don't starve or fall ill due to malnutrition. Sure you also have to eb strong to make it to the top, but ultimately everything besides cooking is just extra stuff he brings to the table.

I just imagined Zoro doing a major workout routine to safe the crew.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Based on some of the takes here. Oda hears the "Sanji is weak" power scaling madness and it plays a role in how he writes Sanji. This is good to know

Have you ever been roasted at the speed of light?
    Speed is weight and you're not even half my height
    Your lines are slow like you got hit with Noro Noro
    The difference between us leaves you sad like Horo Horo
    Bringing more destruction to your island than Goro Goro
    And slicing through your paper-thin bars like Zoro Zoro
    I don't explain my powers, I never told 'em
    Because I crush my opposition, I don't hand-Holdem
    Fruit users drown in the depths of my verses
    And vanish after one scene, Whitebeard's nurses
    They were built up on false hype like Bobbin
    But when they saw me they turned white like Robin
    They were just pretenders like Don Krieg
    now I'm off to the National Haki League
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Wish I could like these lines MedOrb but they are burning hot.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

It would be better if you didn't rhyme every line. The metaphors were good tho

Let's not forget that what made Luffy decide to recruit Sanji was feeding Gin. It wasn't his combat prowess or even his cookin skills: it was the fact that he's such a nice guy. So no wonder that's what Oda decided to focus on. Come to think of it, Sanji's role in Baratie was pretty similar to WCI. I'm trying to imagine the discussions back then. 'Sanji is a loser, can't even beat a fodder like Pearl.' 'Meanwhile, Zoro gets praise from the world's strongest swordsman'.

For people who are confused as to why the brute force of King Kong Gun is needed if Luffy is not touching the opponents, think of swordsman slashes like Mihawk or Zoro.

Mihawk wasn't directly touching Whitebeard/Jozu, but he could still imbue his brute force into the slash. In the same way, Luffy is not directly attacking Kaido's internal organs, but he can still imbue brute strength into that Haki burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Let's not forget that what made Luffy decide to recruit Sanji was feeding Gin. It wasn't his combat prowess or even his cookin skills: it was the fact that he's such a nice guy. So no wonder that's what Oda decided to focus on. Come to think of it, Sanji's role in Baratie was pretty similar to WCI. I'm trying to imagine the discussions back then. 'Sanji is a loser, can't even beat a fodder like Pearl.' 'Meanwhile, Zoro gets praise from the world's strongest swordsman'.
    This should be plain given the last scene of Whole Cake.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

((sees the conversation about Sanji still ongoing))

*Heavy yawning*

So... What's gon be about Bege now??, I still think he's gon find Perona first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Sanji's role in Baratie is pretty similar to WCI indeed. Even his self-sacrifice stance was present there, since he was giving up on his dream to set sail to find All Blue in order to stick with Zeff because of his sense of debt... and it was very hard to convince him to let it go.

Talk about Zoro and Sanji. Im sure Zoro will show us his CoC, poor Sanji again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information