+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 955: ENMA

Default Re: Chapter 955: ENMA

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    Has it been officially confirmed Jack is part Fishman? If so, I can see him attaining a FORM FURTHER BEYOND A ZOAN'S HYBRID FORM by manifesting some of his Fishman traits ala Derringer. Basically, he transforms into an aquatic mammoth, something akin to the mythological Indian monster known as the Makara.

Might tie into his epithet as well. Many are expecting Jack will prove capable of sucking loads of water with his trunk in zoan form...being part Fishman may somehow allow him to store a ridic amount of it in his body, growing in size like Smoothie.

Would be interesting to see how Electro fares against water attacks. If it's tied to static electricity generated by their fur, well then what happens if they're soaked in water let's say?

Just fun speculation.
    It's been confirmed through the Vivre Cards. Though he's a full-fledged Fishman actually, not part human or anything like that.

After 20 years i read One Piece. If i can compare about power, I think The World Government was still the strongest forces in One Piece world untill now.

So it's fishman jack vs fishman jimbe, or vs fishman kawamatsu.

Its gonna be Both or 1 of the Mink rulers vs Jack in a revenge match. They want payback for what he did to them.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Of course there is a difference in treatment. The whole debate here is about how much should anyone bother with it... and that's why I made that argument about supposing that Sanji is not a "monster trio" anymore and blablabla. Actually, all my arguments are about it, lol, like pointing out how he still makes his way into being relevant to the story despite the lack of remarkable strength feats. I even recall talking about the my opinion that the writing for Zoro has become lazy since the time skip, but that many people doesn't care as long as he is still kicking ass, which just helps to point out the current priorities of the majority of the fandom.
    It's not the priorities of the fandom, it's what this manga is about. Among other things, yes, but fighting is a pretty big part of it. So when we have a part of the main cast that was marketed as a heavy hitter of the crew not doing much of heavy hitting, it will raise a brow or two.

It took until Wano for Zoro to become proper fun again, but like you said, he's had a more impressive run than Sanji. Sliced a mountain man in several parts from a distance while Sanji's biggest strength feat was juggling a cake. It's a matter of appearances.

So it was something that not only Sanji could do?! The way I see it that was an attitude that fits Sanji more than most other Strawhats, but whatever. Are we now disregarding what the characters do in the story because others could have done it instead? That doesn't make any sense to me, because what matters is what happened. And fights are mostly just as arbitrary, btw.
    Again, compared the effect of Sanji's cooking skills and fighting skills to plot and I don't remember any cooking was involved when Sanji saved Kinemon...

Like it or not, a lot of problems in OP are actually solved without fighting all the time. Furthermore, most of the secondary fights are not relevant for the plot, and exist only as self-purpose standout moments for the side characters.

We should not predetermine a restrictive list of ways that characters can have an impact on the plot, since this will only blind our ability to see beyond that. We constantly see them interacting with the story in different ways, or helping with different narrative demands, or fleshing out the colors of a conflict with their ideals, and it's up to us to pick up on those moments instead of dismissing them. WCI is a good example of that once again, not only because Sanji was at the center of the drama from beginning to end, but because he was constantly helping with different obstacles that were in the way... and yet all that some people can see is that he didn't have a big fight to show off.

Not all characters will be at the forefront of the story each arc (with the exception of Luffy). Sanji was a huge part of WCI, so there is no need to have a side quest of his own in Wano too. That said, Sanji got more attention than most other Strawhats because of his clashes againts Page One and Drake and the entire raid suit stuff. The guys who deserved more attention now were Robin, Franky, Usopp, Chopper, but unfortunately the Strawhats are being sidelined. Zoro obviously is set to be one of the stars of Wano.
    Sure, but apart from Reverse Mountain arc and Zou arc, all the others were resolved with fights.

Damn fans trying to turn One Piece into something it's not...

I'd actually welcome a smaller arc with just crew interaction and shenanigans with arms open wide. Surely there's more to do in NW than just liberate the oppressed on every island they get to. Where's that creepy granny that sells umbrellas, for example!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I would be annoying if zoro beats king of the bat while luffy climbed the power ladder slowly.

They way King and Queen were introduced, it's pretty obvious Oda doesn't want to give them the same invincibility aura that Katakuri had. And I figure the reason for that is that they will indeed go down easier than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    They way King and Queen were introduced, it's pretty obvious Oda doesn't want to give them the same invincibility aura that Katakuri had. And I figure the reason for that is that they will indeed go down easier than him.
    How so? King was introduced soloing the bm pirates, queen has 300 milion bigger bounty then katakuri, and if the difference between queen and king is same as between queen and jack, then king could even have like 1,6 billions bounty.

I agree despite their higher bounty, though I'd change my tune if either of them were revealed to have Future Sight. That said, even if they don't have it, it doesn't a theoretical Zoro matchup will have him win the first time around. We'll just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    How so? King was introduced soloing the bm pirates, queen has 300 milion bigger bounty then katakuri, and if the difference between queen and king is same as between queen and jack, then king could even have like 1,6 billions bounty.
    No, their introduction was the two of them just showing up at the end of a chapter. No epic entrance, no nothing. Just a 'these guys exist too' and some banter. Compare that to the way not just Katakuri, but pretty much every yonko commander since Zou has been introduced.

King knocking down a ship doesn't really say anything about his combat prowess. Nothing about these guys portrays them as undefeatable. In fact, with Jack and Queen we've already seen that they're indeed defeatable. Not so much for King, but who knows. Jack got owned in Act 1 and Queen got owned in Act 2, so maybe it's his turn in Act 3.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

That seems like a given knowing that Kaido is the final, climactic fight, meaning that likely none of the All-Stars will get a fight nearly as comprehensive as Katakuri's. That being said, though, I wonder if Oda will opt to replace an invincibility aura with brutal slugfests given the All-Stars' Zoan powers.

Spoiler:

Now that Big Mom is working with Kaido she'll undoubtedly bring out her biggest bargaining chip: Jimbei.

Kaido wants Luffy as his slave and is willing to do virtually anything to break his will.
    Big Mom will probably accept that outcome as long as she gets Zeus back.

It's very possible that Kin'emon's raid will fail, Luffy will be defeated by Big Mom and Kaido simultaneously and Jimbei will be executed at the Fire Festival while Kaido forces Luffy to watch.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Now that Big Mom is working with Kaido she'll undoubtedly bring out her biggest bargaining chip: Jimbei.

Kaido wants Luffy as his slave and is willing to do virtually anything to break his will.

It's very possible that Kin'emon's raid will fail, Luffy will be defeated by Big Mom and Kaido simultaneously and Jimbei will be executed at the Fire Festival while Kaido forces Luffy to watch.
    The reason I don't think Jimbei (or anyone at all) got captured by Big Mom during the escape is that when she was reading the news about Luffy being declared the Fifth Yonkou (and cursing Morgans for reporting everything), she was only butthurt and not reacting with any kind of "We'll see who has the last laugh, 'cause I have one of your friends, Straw Hat!" sort of rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    The reason I don't think Jimbei (or anyone at all) got captured by Big Mom during the escape is that when she was reading the news about Luffy being declared the Fifth Yonkou (and cursing Morgans for reporting everything), she was only butthurt and not reacting with any kind of "We'll see who has the last laugh, 'cause I have one of your friends, Straw Hat!" sort of rhetoric.
    Maybe, but Jimbei has to show up in some way and it would make perfect sense for BK to use him to lure Luffy into a trap and then break his will. It would also fit perfectly with the traditional Kabuki outline that Wano seems to be following.
    From Wikipedia:
    Nearly every full-length play occupies five acts. The first corresponds to jo, an auspicious and slow opening which introduces the audience to the characters and the plot. The next three acts correspond to ha, speeding events up, culminating almost always in a great moment of drama or tragedy in the third act and possibly a battle in the second and/or fourth acts. The final act, corresponding to kyu, is almost always short, providing a quick and satisfying conclusion.
    The more I think about it, the more sure I am that he's going to fail in the upcoming fight.
    This has to be the arc where Luffy truly becomes the Pirate King, but currently it's doubtful that he'll even be able to take down one Yonkou, let alone two. No amount of friends and allies can carry him to his destiny, he has to do it himself.

So after scouring the web, I think the theory of Kanjuro being the traitor makes the most sense. I just don't see Carrot being it due to her age and I don't see another valid candidate

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post

Oda assimilating the traditional samurai fights in OP version, similarly to how he did it with Zoro vs Ryuuma.
    So yeah, Zatoichi with extra moves is fine since we do not know and understand about the techniques anyway, but he brings everything else to the table (personality, cane, appearance, behavior), a half dinosaur feels out of place in that, at least thatīs my sentiment.

With Oda really pushing Zoro as a Ronin/Vagabond type dude, and the emphasis on swords and samurai ethics, i think it leads to him fighting an opponent who fits exactly that, might be totally wrong though and Oda does not care about it.
    Yeah fair enough. I would agree if there would be someone to fit the description apart from Kyoshiro, but it's looking pretty dry at the Samurai front (lookwise and concerning ethics).

As for King's samurai aesthetic, or lack of, I don't know. Oda could still go the traditional route even with him being half Dinosaur, considering that he belongs to a special race. In another thread someone noted that he might be a Tengu or a Karura

Spoiler:

Or if he isn't, then his devil fruit might simply complete the general impression. Like the wings and the fire collar are due to his heritage, while the Ancient Zoan gives him the beak.
    Similiar to Kawamatsu, who isn't really a Kappa, but a Kappa-looking fishman.

You still wouldn't get the stereotypical samurai aesthetic down, but there is room for a Yokai theme mixed with samurai-style swordsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEnel
    I would be annoying if zoro beats king of the bat while luffy climbed the power ladder slowly.
    Well, Luffy defeated three opponents in a row that were considered to be on his level, with medium difficulty. He learned a few tricks against Doflamingo, Cracker and Katakuri, but ultimately it's like he said back in Dressrosa: He's beating this type of oppponent all the time. Various Shichibukai, Government Elite agents, pirate top commanders. That's his game at this point.

Zoro beating King wouldn't be as "easy" as Luffy beating Katakuri. It would be an insane uphill battle, similiar to Zoro vs. Mr. 1.

It's true that there is a lot of competition out there (mainly Kid and Law), but Zoro's reputation in the world is an integral part of his character and role in the crew. And he is part of the Worst Generation after all.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post

That escalated fast!

Anyways, I'm not so sure about the plans failing. I can see it happening because it seems it's too early - chapter count wise - for us to advance to the final act of this arc, but at the same time didn't it already happened? We already went through a point in this arc where the alliance plans failed completely and things seemed lost (the problem is that Oda portrayed it so badly the readers barely got that feeling, even though the characters were there).
    As for a public execution, we already got that this arc with Yasuie, so the rest of the cast should be safe.

And I still hope the thing Linlin wants to take back is Sanji (or Brook) instead of Zeus or the poneglyph copies.

No, their introduction was the two of them just showing up at the end of a chapter. No epic entrance, no nothing. Just a 'these guys exist too' and some banter. Compare that to the way not just Katakuri, but pretty much every yonko commander since Zou has been introduced.

King knocking down a ship doesn't really say anything about his combat prowess. Nothing about these guys portrays them as undefeatable. In fact, with Jack and Queen we've already seen that they're indeed defeatable. Not so much for King, but who knows. Jack got owned in Act 1 and Queen got owned in Act 2, so maybe it's his turn in Act 3.
    I think that is more about katakuri is luffy's WCI main battle so he is bound to get more epic entrance, get more hype, rather then king and queen that will likely have nothing to do with luffy in the final battle, other guys like supernovas will take them on so they are bound to get less focus. Doflamingo got so much hype over many years because he was luffy's match, yet he seems to be under these guys.

The only one I could see dying from the Alliance is Law, and even that seems unlikely to me. But at least there is a foundation for that, considering Hawkin's weird words about Law being a man who has no concern for the future (because he knows his clock is ticking anyway?) and Law noting how the excessive use of his fruit shortened his lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    The only one I could see dying from the Alliance is Law, and even that seems unlikely to me. But at least there is a foundation for that, considering Hawkin's weird words about Law being a man who has no concern for the future (because he knows his clock is ticking anyway?) and Law noting how the excessive use of his fruit shortened his lifespan.
    At this point, that seems to be more like a gag for law, like how he is surgeon of death. He has his deal with WG, if he ever dies, maybe in the final war and help take down Im that erased his white city, but not earlier.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; September 17th, 2019 at 08:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information