+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 954: Like a Dragon Given Wings

Default Re: Chapter 954: Like a Dragon Given Wings

This chapter was absolutely insane! I did not expect then to get into an alliance, but when you think about it, it was the only logical option. Because they're Deathmatch would have to have ended off-screen for no apparent reason, or they would have to get into an alliance. This actually helps because kaidos crew felt underpowered compared to the alliance that is building, especially if you added the straw hat Grand Fleet. Which we all knew was going to be a part of this Arc. A p o o working for kaido all along actually makes a lot of sense and explains everything pretty neatly. I was surprised to see you law had already beaten Hawkins. Just adding to the list of off-screen fights, which is frustrating but at least it keeps the pace going. And it's something the anime can always show. Overall, this chapter was actually somewhat exciting and I look forward to seeing what happens next
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Momonosuke will sure have to grow if he plans to use that big sword from his pops, I doubt this way he can even hold it. And having 8 with swords will likely not work.
    Bonney or shoinobu, do your thing. Or is it maybe the side effect of time travel fruit.

2 panels of Sanji <3

I hope Weevil will arrive at Wano and team up with Luffy. He's a necessary ally.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    I hope Weevil will arrive at Wano and team up with Luffy. He's a necessary ally.
    Id rather him to stay in between Luffy and big mom / Kaido alliance, and fight both sides, think itd be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Id rather him to stay in between Luffy and big mom / Kaido alliance, and fight both sides, think itd be pretty cool.
    Since he's after Luffy and Marco it'll be like he's on Kaido's and Big Mom's side. I don't think that'll work.
    He could be an opportunity for Luffy to have little power up before he fights Kaido. And after Luffy beat some sense into him they can team up. Miss Bakkin could be problematic.

Tashigi is most likely still with the children at Vegapunk's..
    Not pushing for that person to be Tashigi specifically, but it is still a possibility. Fujitora whom the Strawhats met an island later already went to Vegapunk's island and made it back to Mariejois for the Reverie.

Since he's after Luffy and Marco it'll be like he's on Kaido's and Big Mom's side. I don't think that'll work.
    He could be an opportunity for Luffy to have little power up before he fights Kaido. And after Luffy beat some sense into him they can team up. Miss Bakkin could be problematic.
    mm probably, but theyre all hot tempered so who knows.

Im expecting to see some of the sub plot threads that earlier in the new world to come into fruition in Wano, like Weevil, the scattered Wb pirates and grand fleet.

I don't get why Hawkins says they were "betrayed"... they just stambled across Kaido by chance, didn't they? It's not like Apoo is the one who lured Kaido in that island

Quote Originally Posted by crlsdc View Post
    It's not like Apoo is the one who lured Kaido in that island
    That's exactly how it is.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crlsdc View Post
    I don't get why Hawkins says they were "betrayed"... they just stambled across Kaido by chance, didn't they? It's not like Apoo is the one who lured Kaido in that island
    At the very least, this information certainly implied that Kaido showing up at that island was not a coincidence.

But either way, Apoo was definitely working under Kaido since long before he "joined" Kid and Hawkins, and since he didn't tell them about this at any point, it's clear he was never sincere when he agreed to be part of the alliance. Based on the wording of it ("set up"/"tricked"/"betrayed", depending on the translation, and that Apoo was under Kaido's employ "all along"), it's pretty much a given that Apoo joined under false pretenses just to eventually screw over Kid and Hawkins and put them in a position where they were forced to join Kaido as well (which worked in Hawkins's case, not so much for Kid).
    Hidden:

Kid and Killer had weapons and were trying to get even more weapons. I think weapons are part of the reason why Kid went to Totland. Apoo was said to go there at some point as well. As we see that they were interested, like some other yet to known characters, in Caesar's product. Apoo could've easily seen this as a chance to get Kid's and Hawkin's crew out of the way and also get weapons. Or, was Apoo roped in by Drake for an even bigger prize like knocking down Kaido for the WG by infiltrating them and providing intel until the time was right to knock em off.
    Last edited by Cockycent; September 2nd, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

.. in that case, why Kaido ignored Urouge? If he was there to recruit soldier, he could've "asked" Urouge as well, the moment they came across each other on Ballon Terminal..

Obviously, Kaido shitted himself when he saw Urouge

So when it was first revealed that Law was after Kaidou I assumed the Big Mom's and the Animal Pirates would be dealt with more or less at the same time. I always said however that this doesn't mean that Luffy and the gang would fight both Kaidou and Big Mom literally at the same time... Yeah I should have known Oda would go over the top on this.

Kaidou and his entire group will be beaten by conventional means and will probably be the last to go in this specific scenario. When it comes to Big Mom I believe we will see her fight in full capacity in no crazed hunger state but ultimately her memories will be unlocked and that will ruin her game plan. I expect her to abandon Kaidou and pull out of the war after some combination of Sanji/Pudding/Struesen/Cake reveal to her what she did to her family.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe he crunched it all together when he realized how long it'd take to spread it all out

Discovered Stowaway

I had kind of been hoping the ultimate battle that would dwarf Marinford would be at the Marines' stronghold again, and it would be a three-way fight between them, the Revolutionaries (and Luffy's Fleet, among others) and this exact type of alliance between Big Mom and Kaido and their various pirate allies. Is this going to be it, though, in Wano rather than somewhere more appropriate for the Revolutionaries to target? If so then I expect Blackbeard won't be far behind. Maybe even Shanks, who ought to have eyes and ears that would alert him to this kind of thing, since he was so concerned about Whitebeard messing with Blackbeard and stopped Kaido from going to Marinford too. The Marines may not have concerned themselves with Wano but it's not like Punk Hazard where it's expressly forbidden to go there, so if they had a good enough reason they might...although they'd have to use the fish waterfall option since there's no way Kaido would let them up through the easy way. Not sure exactly which Marines might but if Fujitora really does want to catch Luffy...well, I wouldn't know how he'd figure out Luffy was in Wano but this would give the old idiot a chance to redeem himself for his inexcusable stupidity in Dressrosa.

Cover page: Looking forward to the next one really. I love family, classy Bege.

Was it Orochi or Sukiyaki whom sentenced Oden for execution? I am going for the latter.

Finally, at least two bladesmiths could potentially appear. Zoro going to Ryuma’s grave should be interesting. How will Momo use his blade?

It is nice to see that maybe, just maybe, Apoo remains sided with Kaido until the very end.

I am curious as to why Killer did not recognize Zoro. Or at the very least, the extent of how broken he is.

Whom let Law escape and why? Many suggest Drake, especially considering how he was acting before. I’ve seen people suggest he is working for the marines still. If so, could Law have outed him, as he was a warlord? Explaining X’s weird behaviour.

I hope Hyou stays in chibi form the remainder of the arc.

Franky and Usopp are going to put in some work on those ships.

I have been thinking that perhaps there is no traitor at all. The citizens of Wano are just dumb. “Only someone with knowledge of all ports of Wano…”. You mean like Orochi and his entire faction? Imagine, HA!?

Hiyori must have gone to retrieve Enma. I am just surprised that no one is going with her. Cat and Denjiro are still missing. As well as the identy of: Witching Hour Boy. Kyoshiro’s agenda. Whom is Hitetsu waiting for?

And last week I was saying the alliance was looking bad. That was considering Big Mom as a third party. Now the alliance has to hope that CP0 and the government make a move.

Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Was it Orochi or Sukiyaki whom sentenced Oden for execution? I am going for the latter.
    As far as i recall it was Kaido who boiled him to try to extract poneglyph info.

Oden's execution was through boiling, but it has not yet been stated whom gave the order.

It has been mentioned several times that Oden was prosecuted as a criminal.

My current mindset is that: Orochi was an advisor to Sukiyaki, and he manipulated the latter into killing his own son. Sukiyaki then was either killed or committed suicide because of the shame.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information