+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 951: Rampage

Default Re: Chapter 951: Rampage

@Zeorn

Thanks for sharing this. Whether or not something of this will actually come true, it’s interesting as hell...

Edit: Lol, never knew that Magmar (one of my favourite Pokémon I played with in blue) may also be based on Karura...
    Last edited by Candide; August 7th, 2019 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    Okay, so we already know that Oda is going all in on this Wano (Japan) arc and has already included many beasts/creatures/beings from Japanese folklore.

As soon as Luffy woke up he encountered a Komainu named Komachiyo. Then in a recent SBS Oda also explained that there are other creatures with flaming fur called Komashika (Hawkin's mount), Komadane, and Komatori.

Of course we have also been introduced to a Tengu or Daitengu named Hitetsu and a Kappa named Kawamatsu, both very famous Yokai from Japanese lore.

So considering the existance of all these beings, why couldn't King's race also come from Japanese lore. I will offer my opinion that King is a Karura.

Karura are bird-like creatures and actually are the Japanese equivalent to the Garuda from Hinduism. They have the wings and face/beak of a bird. Continuing with this "bird" theme but knowing Oda wanted all of Kaido's All-Stars to be dinosaurs or ancient zoan related he gave King the pteranadon devil fruit to still give him wings and a beak but not break from the ancient zoan theme.

They are also heavily associated with fire and said to breath fire. The fire halo that appears behind some beings is also referred to as the "karura flame" and that is what King has. That isn't his hair.

Interestingly, they are also the mortal enemies of naga in Hinduism and snakes/dragons in Japanese Buddhist lore. It is also said that a dragon can only escape a karura by possessing a Buddhist talisman or converting to Buddhism.

Damn the design is cool. Nice theory, seems super likely.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Reminder that we at the Obon break, so no chapter next week.
    So no spoilers tomorrow ?

Or do you mean week after this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    So no spoilers tomorrow ?

Or do you mean week after this one ?
    This week.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reminds me of those people from Strong World that had feathers on their arms and were able to glide at most.

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    You're throwing the whole purpose of Nyoibou out the window if a rubber-man who attacks from great distance by stretching his arm is using it as a weapon.
    The use of a pole with his df will increase his impact, dealing more damage. It's like you didn't watch the beginning of Luffy's fight against Katakuri, where Kata used his mochi powers to make his trident spin; making it more deadly.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul Mihawk View Post
    This week.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Damn! Well, at least the anime returns this week from its filler break.

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    1. I didn't get what you tried to say with "the same is different also", what do you mean?

2. I also don't see Oda making three characters with somewhat similar wings and making them part of different races. You are basically saying that there are a total of 4 races with the special characteristic of them having wings(5 if you include Shandians, but they are just a hybrid race of humans and skypieans). I don't think Oda would've straight up made those amounts of races with the same special characteristic, and with what purpose anyway?
    I mean that King's wings are completely different to Skypeians. King's wings are also way bigger than Urouge's.

He is of different race, that much is clear

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I mean that King's wings are completely different to Skypeians. King's wings are also way bigger than Urouge's.

He is of different race, that much is clear
    The only reason you believe they are from a different race is because of their wings' size? That's like saying Katakuri is not human and that he comes from a different race because he's taller than the average human. I will believe you until you come and give me more reasons why it's like that. Until then, I will believe they are from the same race.

The only reason you believe they are from a different race is because of their wings' size? That's like saying Katakuri is not human and that he comes from a different race because he's taller than the average human. I will believe you until you come and give me more reasons why it's like that. Until then, I will believe they are from the same race.
    Ok ? The wings are completely different and again Oda wouldn't make it so cryptic about his race if he was simply coming from Skypeia. You should explain to me why Oda would have Big Mom speak about a race that has disappeared and making King it's only member currently alive if he was simply coming from Skypeia ? I really don't get your reasoning.

Ok ? The wings are completely different and again Oda wouldn't make it so cryptic about his race if he was simply coming from Skypeia. You should explain to me why Oda would have Big Mom speak about a race that has disappeared and making King it's only member currently alive if he was simply coming from Skypeia ? I really don't get your reasoning.
    Completely agree. Their wings aren't even the same color.

Oda making stuff cryptic is his way of making a hype train. Anyway, if you are correct, maybe Urogue and King simply come from the same "species" and that they are from different tribes. I just simply think these two are related somehow.

Oda making stuff cryptic is his way of making a hype train. Anyway, if you are correct, maybe Urogue and King simply come from the same "species" and that they are from different tribes. I just simply think these two are related somehow.
    But their wings are completely different lol

But their wings are completely different lol
    AND?! You got humans with long legs, humans with extremely long arms(an extra joint too), extremely long necks; humans that are "completely different". But they are still humans, just that they are from different tribes. The same can go to the race King and theoretically Urouge come from.

King is a different race than Urogue and the other inhabitants of the Sky Islands, are you guys just completely ignoring the flame that sits behind King's neck?

He has a Pteranadon devil fruit, nothing to do with fire which means that flame is tied to his race or body.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzmrlo View Post
    I tried to blink but i have got some Duval's genes
    Sanji should perform some of those kicks on Orochi's face

Nice chapter to me. Wondering what will be the outcome of BM and Kaido's exchange, since sure there will be one yonkou waiting Luffy at the end ot this arc's road. Or... ??? Locking fordward to know more about the rocks crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    The wings strike me as a typical Oda troll move.

I bet they are fake / part of the Impel Down uniform, and King's racial features will be revealed when he removes the mask.
    The true is King's mask will be revealed to be his actual face ... trolled everyone again...

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    • Both of the scanlations have Bepo say that Yasuie showed the altered code-drawing to the other prisoners before he died; that he added the two lines to the snake; and that this altered picture was Yasuie's last message to all of them. However, in the official version, Bepo says that "we" (as in, himself, Penguin, and Shachi) showed it to the prisoners, that "they" (presumably the prisoners themselves) added the two lines, and "it was in" Yasuie's message, which suggests that the prisoners picked up on something Yasu said that suggested the changed code, and knew how to alter the picture Bepo and co. showed to reflect that.
    I wonder what's the right translation. But I guess it's not important who added the two lines because in the end all, the prisoners, the samurais in the alliance and even Yasuie's ghost, know for sure the meaning of those two lines. We would have to check Yasui'e final speech to see if there is something pointing to those lines. But I guess Greg's translation is more reliable.

Anyone else notice the huge difference in reference to the third race between translations? In addition to no giants or sky people, BM refers to a disappeared third race.

The official and MS say "One of them might/may have been lost in/to the mists/sands of time," basically the same thing. They only imply that it died out and/or hid itself well.
    Whereas the JB translation says "One of those was supposedly extinguished from history itself," which implies the WG hunted down and exterminated it meaning it could have been involved with the Ancient Kingdom.

We know she's not referring to the giants. And with her resources, I doubt she'd refer to the sky peoples as lost in the mists of time or extinguished from history.
    Assuming King is part of this mysterious, near extinct third race, that could mean that King is closely tied to the Void Century himself.

Quote Originally Posted by No Zaku View Post
    Anyone else notice the huge difference in reference to the third race between translations? In addition to no giants or sky people, BM refers to a disappeared third race.

The official and MS say "One of them might/may have been lost in/to the mists/sands of time," basically the same thing. They only imply that it died out and/or hid itself well.
    Whereas the JB translation says "One of those was supposedly extinguished from history itself," which implies the WG hunted down and exterminated it meaning it could have been involved with the Ancient Kingdom.

We know she's not referring to the giants. And with her resources, I doubt she'd refer to the sky peoples as lost in the mists of time or extinguished from history.
    Assuming King is part of this mysterious, near extinct third race, that could mean that King is closely tied to the Void Century himself.
    Well looking at the original Japanese version, it definitely comes across as "1 race might have disappeared from the face of the earth (or was lost to history at some point), but you (King) are still alive." It isn't definite that they don't exist anymore and obviously King is alive and is a member of this vanished race. Obviously they could just be living isolated from other races, similar to the Mink tribes living on Zou that nobody can find because it moves or the people who live on the sky islands that people thought was a myth (nobody believed Mont Blanc Cricket). Or the race could have been wiped off the face of the earth via an attack or weapon like how Robin's home of Ohara was completely destroyed. There is really no telling from just 1 short phrase of uncertainty about a race that Big Mom thinks at least 1 is left alive of.

The only thing that seems certain is there is a race that some people don't think exist anymore but Big Mom thinks King is a part of. Maybe this is why King wears a mask, as some people might see his wings and assume he comes from the sky islands but really he is a part of a race that lives in secret and has to hide his real face at all times except for when he turns into a pteranadon.

I didn't see or hear mention of Kaapa's on whole cake island, I wonder if Big Mom has any of them, maybe one of the remaining two races are Yokai?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information