+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

  1. #21

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Kid always finds a reason to not fight Luffy. It's entertaining. Wonder what will be the excuse next time. He needs to stop and admit he likes him like Katakuri did.
    That's certainly not the first or second thing that comes to my mind about Kidd.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That's certainly not the first or second thing that comes to my mind about Kidd.
    No the first thing that does come to mind when you think about Kidd is his hilarious perpetrator to victim turn. He's come full circle from nailing people on boards for wanting to go home to being the one who doesn't want to play anymore

  3. #23

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Damn, my weekend was so crammed I just read the chapter now. It's a fun chapter. Not a fan of so many cutoffs but it is what it is.

    As for Drake, I think Law managed to switch one of SH into him. Seems like a most fun development to me. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who thought of it, but haven't had a chance to skim through spoiler discussion.
    Or maybe he switched bepo, shachi, penguin with drake and the other two men behind him. He would need to at least talk with the straw hats so they don't spoil the plan, freaking out when they wake up in new bodies, and I doubt hawkins gave him time to do that. But his crew is all too familiar with his powers so they would know what he is up to without talking in advance.

  4. #24
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    So that settles Kidd vs. Queen.

    He doesn't feel too invested in Kaido himself, but referencing Killer's fate (while leaving the scene tsundere style) sets it up nicely.

    And with that said, I hope Kidd will be the one to lose that fight. He's not a real protagonist, he can fail again no prob. Keeping Queen busy during the war is convenient enough, I guess.

    One calamity down, two to go.


  5. #25

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    I think Kidd's target right now is Apoo.

  6. #26
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I think Kidd's target right now is Apoo.
    But that has almost zero emotional weight?

    I mean I'm already not invested in Kidd and his own gang of assholes, but at least I can get behind him avenging the smile'd Killer.


  7. #27

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Isn't he going to try and find the rest of his crew?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    So that settles Kidd vs. Queen.

    He doesn't feel too invested in Kaido himself, but referencing Killer's fate (while leaving the scene tsundere style) sets it up nicely.

    And with that said, I hope Kidd will be the one to lose that fight. He's not a real protagonist, he can fail again no prob. Keeping Queen busy during the war is convenient enough, I guess.

    One calamity down, two to go.
    Seems King is the one in charge of torture, we didn't see queen feed the smile fruit tot someone. So it could be King that gave kamazo the smile fruit. Kidd Flying Magneto style vs pteranodon king.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; July 29th, 2019 at 05:47 AM.

  9. #29
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Seems King is the one in charge of torture, we didn't see queen feed the smile fruit tot someone. So it could be King that gave kamazo the smile fruit. Kidd Flying Magneto style vs pteranodon king.
    Queen is the one in charge of torture, at least that's what King implied ("this torture loving bastard").

    But you might have a point, maybe feeding people Smiles isn't considered torture, but the natural step AFTER people are broken into obedient soldiers. That said, the smilification might be King's responsibility after all, and thus Kidd wants to go after him instead?


  10. #30

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Queen is the one in charge of torture, at least that's what King implied ("this torture loving bastard").

    But you might have a point, maybe feeding people Smiles isn't considered torture, but the natural step AFTER people are broken into obedient soldiers. That said, the smilification might be King's responsibility after all, and thus Kidd wants to go after him instead?
    Actually it was Queen who called King a "torture loving bastard". A section from the OP magazine Vol. 6 also reiterated that King loves torture.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That's certainly not the first or second thing that comes to my mind about Kidd.
    The first time, Luffy says he'll be the 1 to find the OP and Kid tells Killer that people would laugh at him for that same statement. He was taken aback by it, almost frozen in the moment. An actual rival for the same goal. Killer had to snap him out of it. Even before Luffy said it, he was delighted that he got to see Luffy standing on his square. Now he's pissed at the betrayal and what happened to Killer. Even called Luffy "crazy" for wanting to fight Kaido again. Based on Kid's character, deep down, he respects that Luffy would still fight Kaido after the Almighty L. I would even say, if they weren't rivals, Kid would be more open about it.

  12. #32
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Actually it was Queen who called King a "torture loving bastard". A section from the OP magazine Vol. 6 also reiterated that King loves torture.
    Alright, I guess that's it then.

    So Queen is open for...?
    Last edited by Jabra; July 29th, 2019 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Also makes you wonder how hardcore King is, when the Madmax Thunderdome-dude calls him *torture-loving*


  13. #33

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Alright, I guess that's it then.

    So Queen is open for...?
    Queen makes disease spreading weapons, so it fits if he fights the strongest doctor on luffy's side, as in Law? Chopper could maybe help too, same way how nami helped luffy with cracker.
    That Leaves jack for? another supernova or mink kings? Stongest supernova after law and Kidd is maybe zoro, unless apoo, hawkins, x drake with betray kaidou. But minks kings still make the most sense, by far. Unless shuten maru will finish his duel with jack.

    Jack is full fishman, so jimbe if he shows up, or kawamatsu make sense too.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; July 29th, 2019 at 09:46 AM.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Screw Fishman Jack. Give us Full Mamooth Jack or Mamooth Fishman Jack.

  15. #35
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Or maybe he switched bepo, shachi, penguin with drake and the other two men behind him. He would need to at least talk with the straw hats so they don't spoil the plan, freaking out when they wake up in new bodies, and I doubt hawkins gave him time to do that. But his crew is all too familiar with his powers so they would know what he is up to without talking in advance.
    That's just boring.

    In comparison, just imagine Drake fanboying his mind out in Sanji's body, with access to Germa suit.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That's just boring.

    In comparison, just imagine Drake fanboying his mind out in Sanji's body, with access to Germa suit.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Maybe the reason Drake is acting weird is that he got to see Germa 66 soldier in action just in front of him. He's star-struck.

  17. #37
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Maybe the reason Drake is acting weird is that he got to see Germa 66 soldier in action just in front of him. He's star-struck.
    Well at first I thought he's just unsure if he wants to be on that side, due to seeing Germa in action and other things.

    But then I started considering there's a good chance Law wouldn't have been caught so easilly without pulling a trick or two beforehand.

    And Drake recognizing Germa suit is definitely a set up for something. Maybe this.

    When there's so many scene skips the possibilities multiply. There's no way of knowing where everyone was at a given moment and what kind of exchanges transpired between characters.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    They don't necessarily see Momo as their savior, but rather as a goal/symbol to fight for. Him being here, along with the Scabbards, means Toki's words were true after all. Anyhow, after all of this is done, they need someone to lead them, and someone from the beloved Kozuki clan is the best choice to rally them to fight once more. As the title and Hyou both suggest, he represents their future after this is all over. Regarding the savior role, at least in terms of whom they hope can actually defeat Kaido and Orochi, that would be attributed to the Scabbards more than anything due to the prophecy.

    I think describing it as an obsession is unfair as well. Oden is evidently a truly great man, its hardly any different from the adoration characters like Fisher Tiger or Otohime received. His era, although it abruptly ended, represents a time when Wano wasn't shit. It's not surprising they would latch onto anything that presents an opportunity for them to go back to those days, which of course includes Momo himself.
    IDK, there's just something about the citizens of Wano (and to a lesser extent, all the scabbards) that really annoy me. I feel like part of it is just all the Momo worship. I know we're not going in that direction, but I'd love for Momo to get fed up with it and yell at everyone. He's not his Dad, he's just a kid, and he's in no way ready to rule, fight, or lead them in the coming war. What matters is removing Orochi, not who leads afterwards, and it should definitely not be Momo. The big impossible wall to achieving that is Kaido and the Calamities, and Momo should deflect their faith to Luffy and his friends to deal with them. After that, there's nothing for the coward Orochi to hide behind and nothing for the alliance to fear. But meh, from my point of view the citizens of Wano are just really unintelligent and annoying.

    The minor Oden issue I just have is the more you tell me how great he was, the more you push me away from liking him.

    I'm honestly more invested in seeing whatever the supernovas here in Wano are gonna do as things continue than I am in actually saving Wano. Although I do really like Ashura now at least.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    So that settles Kidd vs. Queen.

    He doesn't feel too invested in Kaido himself, but referencing Killer's fate (while leaving the scene tsundere style) sets it up nicely.

    And with that said, I hope Kidd will be the one to lose that fight. He's not a real protagonist, he can fail again no prob. Keeping Queen busy during the war is convenient enough, I guess.

    One calamity down, two to go.
    I really wanted sanji and zoro to fight queen and king respectively

    Although If not Zoro, I would love for Marco to fight king, two Yonko right hand commanders who are also ancient birds and fire users

  20. #40

    Default Re: Chapter 950: A Soldier's Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I really wanted sanji and zoro to fight queen and king respectively

    Although If not Zoro, I would love for Marco to fight king, two Yonko right hand commanders who are also ancient birds and fire users
    I've been thinking that King vs Zoro and Sanji vs Queen is going to happen since the moment they were introduced together and insulting each other.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts