+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 894: ''He'll Definitely Come - The Land of Wano's Legend of Ace!''

Default 894: ''He'll Definitely Come - The Land of Wano's Legend of Ace!''

Ace? Still dead.

Title: ''He'll Definitely Come - The Land of Wano's Legend of Ace!''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 911-912
    Episode Director: Aya Komaki (*****)
    Animation Director: Yusuke Isochi (***1/2) and Yukiko Nakatani (****)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    Last edited by Crossword; July 21st, 2019 at 01:23 AM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 894: ''He'll Definitely Come - The Land of Wano's Legend of Ace!''

One Piece Episode 895 Preview (Filler) + OP Stampede TV Spot 01

Ace in Wano - Flashback - Episode 894

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Voice Actor of Tenguyama Hitetsu is Ryūzaburō Ōtomo

Were the fillers made by the old team? They don’t look at all like the new staff.

This is something that I been wanting to say to all the detractors of the new style thus far. "BUT IF THIS IS THE BEST THEY ARE GOING TO LOOK THEN ITS STILL BAD" they said, and to that I respond this ISNT the new Maximum Quality for One Piece! Its the Minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Were the fillers made by the old team? They don’t look at all like the new staff.
    For the Luffy/Ace stuff from Marineford? Yeah, that was reused footage from the original scene with filters placed on top.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    This is something that I been wanting to say to all the detractors of the new style thus far. "BUT IF THIS IS THE BEST THEY ARE GOING TO LOOK THEN ITS STILL BAD" they said, and to that I respond this ISNT the new Maximum Quality for One Piece! Its the Minimum!
    Wouldn't jump the gun that quickly. Again, these last three episodes were handled by the three best directors on the show. With that said, this episode wasn't actually overtly animated, and I would even say it was a little bit rough art wise in a few scenes. With that in mind though, I think overall, the visuals were still really strong(in no small part due to the direction). Should be interesting to see how well the creativeness established in this episode carries on later into the arc.

Another week, another very solid episode.

Aya Komaki, now one of the 2 series co-directors, really out here flexing her stellar direction skills in the photography department (and her direction skills in general). When it comes to the compositing, she is definitely the queen.

I bet no one checked the credits, but this episode marks the return of Yukiko Nakatani to the seat of animation supervisor of the show. She's also working on the upcoming Precure movie as a supervisor, therefore we can't yet say that she's 100% back.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Uhmm, I'm not a ophtalmologist but I can already tell that they need prescription glasses asap.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; July 20th, 2019 at 09:39 PM.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

I know. But this even if this was a bit rough and lacked Sakuga fests I still believe Toei finally learned their lesson and that they will try to do right by One Piece. In fact that seems to be proving my point. This isnt the best. The best is yet to come.

EDIT:You mean me?

I know. But this even if this was a bit rough and lacked Sakuga fests I still believe Toei finally learned their lesson and that they will try to do right by One Piece. In fact that seems to be proving my point. This isnt the best. The best is yet to come.

The best this act will probably be the Kaido fight.

No, the anime haters you were talking about.

But look, you can't expect a sakuga fest out of every episode mate. For a weekly show you're gonna be set to disappointment with such sky high expectations. That's just not feasible and sometimes unnecessary. By unnecessary I mean dialogue heavy episodes, like this one for example, clearly don't need over the top animation or any top tier action animator on it because it'd be a waste of ressource.

Direction and storyboarding alone with polished art will do the job without a problem.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

I know this thread is full of nerds of the animation who know every animator in town,but i am here just to say that i cried watching the end of the episode ��

Me too! The anime always nails emotional scenes like this but now it was twice as good.

I still ask myself what Ace, who has been reckless as fuck, never tried to do something about Kaidou and Wano.

Or maybe it will be brought up later

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I still ask myself what Ace, who has been reckless as fuck, never tried to do something about Kaidou and Wano.

Or maybe it will be brought up later
    I mean, he did promise to come back to that country, so I presume it was something he just never managed to get back around to in his life time.

Um...he couldnt even use Haki? What could have he done?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    I mean, he did promise to come back to that country, so I presume it was something he just never managed to get back around to in his life time.
    Cool... Luffy never would have just go.

And this brings me back to WB and Shanks who has given no fucks about Wano and that Oden was killed.

Cool... Luffy never would have just go.

And this brings me back to WB and Shanks who has given no fucks about Wano and that Oden was killed.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was on the WB pirates to do list, that they never really got around to with the whole Blackbeard shenanigins.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was on the WB pirates to do list, that they never really got around to with the whole Blackbeard shenanigins.
    20 years? Ok they are damn slow

20 years? Ok they are damn slow
    I wouldn't be surprised if there had been some scuffles and the such. Major conflict between emperors doesn't seem uncommon...

But they probably didn't see any reason to. If everyone they would fight for is presumed dead, than whats the point?

I think the last couple of chapters with Luffy fighting he defeated prisoners goes to show that...

I wouldn't be surprised if there had been some scuffles and the such. Major conflict between emperors doesn't seem uncommon...

But they probably didn't see any reason to. If everyone they would fight for is presumed dead, than whats the point?

I think the last couple of chapters with Luffy fighting he defeated prisoners goes to show that...
    Because nakama and all...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information