+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 893: "O-Tama Appears - Luffy vs. the Kaido Army!"

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Default Re: 893: "O-Tama Appears - Luffy vs. the Kaido Army!"

Another strong episode. O-Tama's VA is great and her scenes were pretty enjoyable. The Usopp filler was really funny.

Spoiler:

Everyone has already talked about the beautiful cuts by Ishizuka and Tu, but one part of this new change that deserves a lot of credit is the new composition studio and the light effects. 892 and 893 have looked near-movie quality because of them.

My personal favorite examples
    Spoiler:

The only nitpick I have with this episode is the return of older music. I wasn't expecting Kohei Tanaka to compose 30 new tracks for Wano but I was hoping to hear more of his new Wano OST for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    The only nitpick I have with this episode is the return of older music. I wasn't expecting Kohei Tanaka to compose 30 new tracks for Wano but I was hoping to hear more of his new Wano OST for a while.
    But they literally used old music in the previous episode.

And I think it's something good that is often overlooked. Some long animes reach a point where they "reboot" the bgm and everything stops feeling the same. I really appreciate that One Piece keeps using the good old music we always associate with the series, while keeps introducing new music in every new arc lately. Pretty sure we'll hear plenty of new Wano music as the episodes come.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Everyone has already talked about the beautiful cuts by Ishizuka and Tu, but one part of this new change that deserves a lot of credit is the new composition studio and the light effects. 892 and 893 have looked near-movie quality because of them.

My personal favorite examples

Something that got my attention as well. And judging by the preview, next episode will have some really beautiful shots too.

Spoiler:

Looks like they will make this the year of zoro.

Why is that for Zoro there is always ridiculous feats put into fillers? I don't remember him showing any demonic attacks since timeskip in manga, but I guess animators doesn't care. But oh well, at least he isn't getting on top of a huge iceberg withing a single leap, like in certain other filler episode before.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Why is that for Zoro there is always ridiculous feats put into fillers? I don't remember him showing any demonic attacks since timeskip in manga, but I guess animators doesn't care. But oh well, at least he isn't getting on top of a huge iceberg withing a single leap, like in certain other filler episode before.
    I mean, the first Tatsumaki had the dragon effect around it...

I cringed when Luffy did his Naruto running. This will never look not stupid :D
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I cringed when Luffy did his Naruto running. This will never look not stupid :D
    lol... glad it wasn't just me who noticed that.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

It’s late and I’m rewatching the episode and wondering about the frightening moral implications of Otama’s power. She takes away animals’ free will and forces them to like/obey her. Yikes, man. Thank god it doesn’t work on humans, or else she’d be the ruler of the OP world.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information