+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Chapter 948: Introducing Kawamatsu the Kappa

Default Re: Chapter 948: Introducing Kawamatsu the Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Is this true?!

And Franky isn't aware of all the damage the Sunny has taken right? Or at the very least hasn't had a chance to repair it.
    It's true. And Franky knows nothing, he hasn't even met Luffy. Doesn't seem like the others from WCI mentioned it at all either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    It's true. And Franky knows nothing, he hasn't even met Luffy. Doesn't seem like the others from WCI mentioned it at all either.
    Wow. Looking forward to some downtime between the crew. I can't wait to see Franky's reaction to the Whole Cake aftermath. I hope Sanji and Zoro have an interesting conversation as well once they get to talking.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The series was at an all time artificial high during the war, Strong World, and timeskip, not just here but everywhere, especially in Japan, where the volumes sold massive amounts of extra copies at the time and it had a lot of publicity and marketing pushing it.

Those numbers naturally dipped back down slowly over time, its now a bit closer to the activity level it had around Thriller Bark, though maybe a bit lower.

That said, other factors to consider
    -the spoiler thread gets all the activity before the real thread. We're trying to support the official release but most of the fandom doesn't care enough to wait the extra day.
    -The series is 20+ years old. Older fans have moved on, and its harder to get new ones to jump in
    -the series is 20+ years old, a lot of the minutia and endgame have been discussed at length already. Unless your a next nakama fanatic that has to prove the new female flavor of the week is next.
    -Naruto and Bleach aren't also driving traffic to Jump anymore. MHA is great but there's no great shonen trinity giving fans lots to discuss every week, less reason to go to a dedicated spot to do so
    -forums in general see less usage nowadays, while things like reddit, twitch, youtube see more activity. And in some cases, people just move to facebook and keep track there.

Lots of factors.
    Also YouTube, Discord and Reddit
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Also YouTube, Discord and Reddit
    Yes, I mentioned that?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yes, I mentioned that?
    I'm thinking--and hoping--that this will be the last arc with a split crew. The Strawhats will no doubt sail away from Wano as a full crew, and considering how few arcs are likely to be left after this, my guess is that we won't have any (or many) more splits, which would be lovely. I, too, miss the downtime and lighthearted crew interactions.

Edit: my bad for quoting; this was meant to be a solitary post. Sorry, Robby.
    Last edited by krule274; July 15th, 2019 at 04:50 PM.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    I'm thinking--and hoping--that this will be the last arc with a split crew. The Strawhats will no doubt sail away from Wano as a full crew, and considering how few arcs are likely to be left after this, my guess is that we won't have any (or many) more splits, which would be lovely. I, too, miss the downtime and lighthearted crew interactions.
    The Wano party will be so freaking great. It's a long time coming and it will include so many people and have the best food and drink imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The Wano party will be so freaking great. It's a long time coming and it will include so many people and have the best food and drink imaginable.
    The Strawhats, the Scabbards, the Minks, the citizens of Wano, Jinbe, (maybe) the Grand Fleet, and any other allies accrued through this arc: it's going to be nuts. But no party will beat Thriller Bark for me. It was the first full Paradise crew party and the interaction, jokes, and solace for Brook were perfect.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Yes, there is a break this week.

For future reference, the last page of the official English release shows when to expect the next chapter.
    16 chars of Thanks a lot :)
    Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    My 1st Rap Video Clip

Bartholomew Monokuma transports you to Hope's Peak Academy.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

We should be getting spoilers soon, right? Last spoiler thread is from July 3rd. Hopefully by morning
    One Piece ,\/,,

That awkward moment when the- now revealed to be -male Samurai and Momo's sister, both look so much alike that I've actually been mixing them up several times.... they are nearly identical in appearance.
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Speaking of awkward, in retrospect this does explain Kinemon's uneasy attitude when he first met o'Kiku. Back then I was wondering if there was some sort of romance going on, or guilty attraction, but Kiku's actual gender paints it under a whole new light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Speaking of awkward, in retrospect this does explain Kinemon's uneasy attitude when he first met o'Kiku. Back then I was wondering if there was some sort of romance going on, or guilty attraction, but Kiku's actual gender paints it under a whole new light.
    Well, that and the fact that he's married.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Sure, but that part was explicit right from the start. Last chapter reveals an extra spicy flavour to the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Well, that and the fact that he's married.
    Nope, that didn't stop him from lusting over Nami many times even in Wano. Haha he's just like Sanji with the Okamas.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information