+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next TV Special Speculation

Default Next TV Special Speculation

Figured it would be worthwhile to have a speculation board about what the next recap special will be, though Im certain were all fairly tired of recaps considering Reverie.

Personally, Id love an EPISODE OF LAW that covers his flashback, maybe the second half of Dressrosa (though Id be fine if it was just a movie-length coverage of his flashback alone).

Zou seems like a manageable arc to recap, too, and maybe useful considering its relevance to Wano.

Do we still get one of these per year? What time again?

Default Re: Next TV Special Speculation

I have no clue what we might get, but I'll always want something covering the cover arcs.

I hope we don't get a feature-length TV special this year. It would take more time and talent away from the anime right after they began a new revamp for Wano. The Romance Dawn episode special might be it for 2019.

I think a new series director and character designer for the anime pretty much confirm that there wont be a new TV special this year outside of the Romance Dawn special episode of the regular anime, plus it would have been announced already
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Guess they really are giving all their resources to Wano.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I have no clue what we might get, but I'll always want something covering the cover arcs.
    This would be great but weird. A full movie featuring five or so 20-minute side stories. That’d be really fun.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I hope we don't get a feature-length TV special this year. It would take more time and talent away from the anime right after they began a new revamp for Wano. The Romance Dawn episode special might be it for 2019.
    I seem to have missed that one. Did it already release?

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I seem to have missed that one. Did it already release?

I believe "Romance Dawn" is scheduled for October, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the anime

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Figured it would be worthwhile to have a speculation board about what the next recap special will be, though I’m certain we’re all fairly tired of recaps considering Reverie.

Personally, I’d love an EPISODE OF LAW that covers his flashback, maybe the second half of Dressrosa (though I’d be fine if it was just a movie-length coverage of his flashback alone).

Zou seems like a manageable arc to recap, too, and maybe useful considering its relevance to Wano.

Do we still get one of these per year? What time again?
    I think Episode of Beard is more likely.
    There hasn't been a Marineford special yet, and Whitebeard has well-known ties to Wano.

They did the Romance Dawn story with Silk and Galley for the 10th anniversary.

I didn't know they were going to do the one with Ann, Balloon and Spiel until I read this thread.

It'll be weird that there will be two One Piece feature-length animations with two different characters named "Ann" making their animation debuts about the same time.

Wouldn't a tie-in for Stamped make sense? Gold got Heart of Gold.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information