+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 888: ''Sabo Enraged - The Tragedy of the Revolutionary Army's Officer Kuma''

Default 888: ''Sabo Enraged - The Tragedy of the Revolutionary Army's Officer Kuma''

Have you ever heard of the tragedy of Bartholomew Kuma the Tyrant?

Title: ''Sabo Enraged - The Tragedy of the Revolutionary Army's Officer Kuma''
    Chapters Covered: half of 908
    Episode Director: Katsumi Tokoro (****)
    Animation Director: Shigefumi Shingaki (**1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 888: ''Sabo Enraged - The Tragedy of the Revolutionary Army's Officer Kuma''

One Piece Episode 889 Preview + Wano Arc Trailer July, 07th, 2019

Default Re: 888: ''Sabo Enraged - The Tragedy of the Revolutionary Army's Officer Kuma''

God the animation was pretty bad this episode. I mean it hasn't been great through most of the Reverie but it was pretty noticeable here.

If the Wano arc doesn't start until July 7th, I'm assuming we're going to have one or two actual filler episodes because I can't recall there being a lot of content left before the first chapter of Wano after next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    God the animation was pretty bad this episode. I mean it hasn't been great through most of the Reverie but it was pretty noticeable here.

If the Wano arc doesn't start until July 7th, I'm assuming we're going to have one or two actual filler episodes because I can't recall there being a lot of content left before the first chapter of Wano after next week.
    It actually starts with 890. There isn't going to be any filler between the Reverie and Wano.

Oh odd, I was going off of the date in the preview. Unless they're taking a two week break after next week's episode then?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    It actually starts with 890. There isn't going to be any filler between the Reverie and Wano.
    Wano starts 892.

We're not getting any filler arcs whatsoever and we're just straight heading to Wano after the Reverie. Episode 890 will be about Marco and (most likely a lot of flashbacks) Episode 891 will be actually adapting Chapter 910 (with the strawhats going to the waterfall) so the Anime is adapting it differently from the Manga and then in Episode 892 will be when Wano ACTUALLY starts and shows Zoro and etc.

I consider 891 already part of the Wano arc so for me it actually starts June 30 then

They changed the Voice Actress of Jewelry Bonney, the new one is Reiko Takagi!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

About Filler Episodes,Leaks said, we will have 2 episodes about Stampede after beginning of Wano Arc.

Even the worst spy wouldn't sneak around how Sabo did, boy is that dumb. Also you'd think there would be camera snails. His whole thing was kinda pointless!

Great how all fans are hyped and love Reverie and Toei treats the arc like a filler intermission shit.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I think it's pretty clear that the powers that be's minds were on Wano the very minute Whole Cake ended. Which...I mean, I completely understand. A lot of us here worship Reverie and the little sort of break it offers from the main plot, but this is an absolute nightmare for the anime. You have an arc that ties together elements that haven't been addressed in what's approaching a decade, then waits to give those elements payoff until AFTER Wano (with the occasional exception), which probably won't happen for another three years *at least*. Wano, on the other hand, has had the intention of being a golden goose arc for a while, even if much of the crowd here doesn't see it as such yet, its story has a ton of potential to draw in weekly viewers.

So honestly, I don't see how the anime was going to make anyone here happy. They had to extend the arc with flashbacks out of necessity to help it make sense to casual viewers, then for the sake of promotion couldn't afford any more time for filler arcs (though I do think it's silly that they are including Stampede filler, just not in between Reverie and Wano).

I haven't watched every Reverie episode on account of being busy, so I'm not sure about the overall quality of the arc production...but I what I said above does not excuse bad production, especially instances of bad art (which may be forgiven if Wano looks consistently good) or bad flashback pacing (though all the flashbacks I have seen so far, including the one in this episode, have been pretty well handled).

Good ol' Magnum Opus Dissonance.

Episode itself was okay, art wasn't great and the Sabo filler was rather suspect, Kuma stuff was handled well though.

Spoiler:

Going to be over twelve episodes of recap. Wow. When the Funimation set comes out, this’ll be a painful one.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

So what recaps are we going to get next episode?

Is it even possible to fill ten minutes with old clips of the Gorosei sitting around and talking about politics?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information