+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is happening? Why are the recent episodes 95% flashbacks?

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Re: What is happening? Why are the recent episodes 95% flashbacks?

Which is stupid, cause at this point one piece doesn't need to only rely on having the main character present at all times. It earned enough cred to do a longer reverie arc without the main strawhats and stay popular. But editors will always think otherwise.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

They almost got me this episode. When I saw that we had more then five minutes of real story I thought hey maybe the nightmare is finally over but nope then they hit us with an enormous Kuma flashback. I know it's not right but I almost wish that One Pice wasn't this succesful so they wouldn't be able to get away with this shit and are actually force to streamline the story

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    That is an incredibly ludicrous assumption to make when there are so many more sensible factors that could have played a role in that, such as Shueisha/SJW powers that be forcing his hand due to a lack of the main character. Originally it was stated the arc would be longer, so it's obvious the editors and higher ups were the reason behind that.
    I suppose. But I was very excited at the idea that we might have a Sabo/Vivi/Koby arc and it turned out to be a handful of issues of teasing world secrets, redoubling the theme that the Celestial Dragons are nasty, and it ended without any resolution to even the Sabo story, the only one who even got an actual storyline with a concrete goal to accomplish. The rest of them just sort of met and introduced themselves to each other while giggling while praising Luffy a lot.

So much more could have been done with it. I feel a bit cheated that what will probably be the thing I was most looking forward to being given little effort and then just scrapped without even a conclusion.

My girlfriend doesn't read the manga and really appreciated all of the flashbacks. I guess it's pretty easy to forge stuff if you're not on a One Piece forum every day.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information