+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 938: A Woman's Secret

Discovered Stowaway

Default Chapter 938: A Woman's Secret

Default Re: Chapter 938: A woman's secret

it seems the magazine map isn't in the official translation so here it is

Huh... Is Hyori the traitor? I don't have a full moment to expand on my idea but maybe someone can shoot it down before I get back.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

That cover is gruesome.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Huh... Is Hyori the traitor? I don't have a full moment to expand on my idea but maybe someone can shoot it down before I get back.
    I don't think. We knows she is truly in the run from Orochi and we know Kaido is king and trying to get rid of the Kozuki. There is no reason to believe she would reveal how big of a target she is if not to seek genuine help.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I don't think. We knows she is truly in the run from Orochi and we know Kaido is king and trying to get rid of the Kozuki. There is no reason to believe she would reveal how big of a target she is if not to seek genuine help.

Another reason I'd call it unlikely is that as far as we know, Kinemon or the Minks never made contact with her. In which case she wasn't even aware Momonosuke was alive until a few days ago, so there's no way she could have sent Jack and his men to Zou. That had to be the work of either a traitor Mink who witnessed the arrival of Raizo, or one of the time travelers who has been a snitch all along.

We can't rule out that she had to do with the discovery of the crane sign, however - willingly or not, there was this scrap of paper next to her body that Kyoshiro may very well have shown to the Shogun.

Hyori could still be one of several traitors, but popular support is apparently going to require a "genuine" Kozuki who stayed behind in Wano at some point. She could hardly fit that bill while being a traitor to her clan.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; March 31st, 2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Okiku is the traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by T€]@$ View Post
    Okiku is the traitor.
    What's your reasoning, because I don't see how that works at all, even if we're just talking about the message being leaked.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Chapter comparisons time! A lot of the differences this week are pretty minor; despite this chapter having a lot of dialogue, most of it was basically the same between the three versions.
    • The Jaimini's Box name of the chapter is "Her Secret". Mangastream and VIZ both go with "A Woman's Secret".
    • In MS, Zoro notes that his injury is "before our battle", implying his battle with Gyukimaru. In both JB and VIZ, though, he's talking about being injured so soon before the big battle with Kaido and Orochi and their forces, since he says "the final battle" in JB, and "Not when the big battle's so soon!" in VIZ.
    • In the scanlations, Kin'emon notes that the connection between the moon tattoos and the coded message was discovered. In the official translation, he states that the enemy has "learned the meaning of" those two things.
    • In JB, Drake angrily responds to Hawkins's needling by saying that Hawkins is the reason their targets escaped. In MS and VIZ, he says that Hawkins let them get away, too. (Basically pointing out that they're both to blame and not just him, rather than pushing the blame onto Hawkins.)
    • When Kyoshiro's men tell him that he should be careful at the funeral tomorrow, he responds with "What are you saying?" in both scanlations, but instead says "Wish they'd mind their own business." in the official version.
    • When Tonoyasu enters the building that the SHs and co are in, he asks "How's everyone doing?" in MS and calls Shinobu "my dear Shinobu", which he doesn't say in the other two versions. When he calls Nami a goddess, she just tells him to come in in the MS and VIZ versions but says "Come and sit with us" in JB. And Usopp responds to this with just "Hey." in the scanlations, but with "Oh, come on." in the official.
    • In the scanlations, after stating that Zoro suffered terrible wounds while helping them, Hiyorisaki (lulz) says that she doesn't know how to repay him; in the official translation, she doesn't know how to express her regret. Zoro's reply in the scanlations is that his foolishness/navety got him hurt, but in the official version, he says it was his "lack of skill".
    • What Hiyori says about Zoro when noting that he's from overseas, and his reply, are a little different in all three versions. In MS, she says that Zoro "looks like" a Wano samurai, and says that he doesn't seem to be "a bad..a bad person", like she hesitated before finishing the thought. And he replies "You don't seem too sure about that." In JB, she says he "acts like" a Wano samurai, and starts to say he seems to be a bad person before verbal-backspacing to say "don't seem to be", and he answers "Don't stutter!" Finally, in the official, she says "dress like" one: "that is, you look like a no-good--uh...noble man" (as in, correcting herself), and he responds "I heard that."
    • An MS-ism; they put Momo's surname and given name spoken by Hiyori in the wrong order, and miswrote it as "Kozuke".
    Hidden:

Another suspiscious thing that comes to mind is, how does Tonoyasu suddenly know Shinobu and Kanjuro's identities when they both seem surprised that he knows them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    What's your reasoning, because I don't see how that works at all, even if we're just talking about the message being leaked.
    Wait and watch. I am not speculating. I deduced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Another suspiscious thing that comes to mind is, how does Tonoyasu suddenly know Shinobu and Kanjuro's identities when they both seem surprised that he knows them ?
    What makes that suspicious exactly? It simply means that they don't recognize him.

Quote Originally Posted by T€]@$ View Post
    Wait and watch. I am not speculating. I deduced it.
    Ok...

Discovered Stowaway

I want that cover to be canon.

As for Komurasaki being Hiyori, I don't buy it. If at least she was being her usual self, but this super nice Komurasaki reeks too much of her "poor girl routine" used to trick guys into helping her. And if she is doing her thing, I can't take anything she is saying at face value.
    Why she would lie to Zoro and pretend to be Hiyori, that's a different thing altogether. I can think of some possibilities, but the one I am pending towards the most is Toko being Hiyori (Jabra mentioned the possibility of Komurasaki actually being Hiyori, but she actually being bitter towards Momonsuke and wanting to take his place as the Kozuki heir. I would love that too).

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    They are important since they worked for Oden while he is a regular citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    What makes that suspicious exactly? It simply means that they don't recognize him.

Ok...
    First things first, everyone is damn sure that the message and the symbol got leaked by Kyoshiro after he attacked Komurasaki. He was even seen holding the paper. But it is a red herring. It is not so simple. Otherwise the traitor wont be spoken about and that too two times, once in Wano and once in Zou. If anything, Kyoshiro silenced Komurasaki by attacking her after she reveals that she is a Samurai's daughter. Also he was protecting her from the Shogun. That explains why she is alive. Hence Kyoshiro is a good guy. And a good guy with such an important role would be none less than one of the Nine Red Scabbards, i.e Denjiro by deduction.

Then for the traitor plot to come to a conclusion, the revelation must be shocking or it is of no use. And greater the trust, more impactful the revelation. Hence, the traitor must be one of the Nine red Scabbards. You can also make the case for other lessser Samurai like Shinobu but she saved the SH's from Kaido's Boro Breath. If she was the traitor, she could have just saved herself. The Tengu is also ruled out since he is living in isolation and was raising Tama. I doubt he has anything to do with this plot line. I dont think it is Yasu since one of the Nine Red Scabbards being the traitor is more impactful than some new character like Yasu, going by Oda's style.

Now let me list the Nine Red Scabbards in the order of their appearance.
    1. Kinemon
    2. Kanjuro
    3. Raizo
    4. Inuarashi
    5. Nekomamushi
    6. Okiku
    7. Ashura Doji/Shutenmaru
    8. Kawamatsu
    9. Denjiro/Kyoshiro

Kinemon, Kanjuro and Raizo are ruled out since we know them from prior arcs and they have been on the run in different islands. They were with Momo and did not cause him any harm
    Inuarashi and Nekomamushi are also ruled out since we saw their loyalty in Zou.
    Ashura Doji is also ruled out since he is a thief and refused Kaido's recruitment request.
    Kawamatsu is in the prison for years and barely talked to anybody and hence ruled out.
    Denjiro is also ruled out for the reasons stated in the first paragraph.

Then that leaves us with Okiku. Okiku was in Wano alone and was in speaking terms with Urashima. She may even have Raizo's Vivre Card that Jack obtained to reach Zou. She may not be bad but I think it is more like Nami and Robin's scenario. One more thing:
    She wasn't shown bowing to Lady Toki in the flashback (typical Oda hint)

And by researching some Japanese folklore, I found some thing interesting.
    "Hosokawa Katsumoto, the lord of Himeji Castle, has fallen seriously ill. Katsumoto's heir, Tomonosuke, plans to give a set of 10 precious plates to the shōgun to ensure his succession. However, chief retainer Asayama Tetsuzan plots to take over. Tomonosuke's retainer, Funase Sampei Taketsune is engaged to marry a lady in waiting, Okiku. Tetsuzan plans to force Okiku to help him murder Tomonosuke."
    Last edited by T]@$; March 31st, 2019 at 09:08 PM.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    They are important since they worked for Oden while he is a regular citizen.
    He calls them Kanjuro-kun and Shinobu-chan. It is not just a regular citizen recognizing famous figures.

Default Re: Chapter 938: A Woman's Secret

Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    You are kind of moving goalposts now. A change in perspective is very different from a change in allegiance, Violet and Pudding did change their perspectives, because surprise! it is called character development!
    Handcock went from doing wathever she wanted to blindly following Luffy, Violet went from strong distrust of pirates to beliving in the crew, Pudding went from always listenning to Big Mom to following every Sanji's order

abra said it's weird seing Hiyori suddenly being so nice and genuine when she was such a manipulative person before. I pointed to 3 examples were I consider Oda did the same and it was not for a future twist.

I communicated poorly or you misread my meaning. Either way sorry and I hope that clears it.

However Violet’s situation is no different from Kinnemon, who also went from denouncing pirate scum into trusting a group of pirates to save his country. When did Kinnemon allegiance change exactly, because I’m pretty sure everyone in the world missed that happening. If not, then why are you giving Violet a different judgement, when they had pretty much the same development on this topic of trust?
    More instantaneous and for reason less strong motive.

Sanji and Kinemon were forced to cooperate for a decent stretch of time. And Kinemon became an ally at the lake after Sanji almost killed himself diving to save his life.

Violet switched after watching Sanji's brain be pink and barely knowing him.

Pudding situation in WCI is not that different from Katakuri btw, biggest difference is Pudding fall figuratively while Katakuri fall literally. You could perhaps argue their loyalty to Big Mom is maaaybe swayed, but a actual change in allegiance is a definite NO. or are you also one of those people claiming Katakuri would leave BM Pirates after WCI arc, but was ultimately proven wrong Kata was named as potential next captain instead?
    I never cared much for Dogtooth future. I just find it funny or shitty his punches were and didn't like suddenly being an honarable fighter.

Pudding didn't vaguely let Sanji escape. She actively helped him despite and during their time together was completely under his charm

Trust “Hiyori” all you want and call me a skeptic, but I am not trusting any girl/woman that seemed too good to be true after WCI where it resulted in a scene of Sanji sobbing pathetically in the rain and missing memories in the end.
    That might be our point of difference. From WCI you take Sanji being tricked by Pudding, I take Sanji changing her with a compliment.

I could see Toko being Hiyori( I doubt) but I have no doubt she is genuine in being a good person. I don't expect some grand plan about wanting to be queen under Kaido or I have some secret motive to manipulate that samourai. The save was genuine and the ask for help was genuine.

Funny story, I spent a decent chunk of my morning feeling weirdly negative/pessimistic about Wano (expect the Big Mom plot which is 11/10), but lo and behold I actually really liked this chapter. Something about the character interactions really clicked for me, especially that bit with Shinobu thinking about silencing the captured Heart Pirates. That really helped drive home the desperation that the Wanoese feel in a way I haven't felt in a while.

I like the plot point about the leaked info too. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I haven't read that much discussion about whether or not Komurasaki is lying about being Hiyori, but for now I'm going to take her at face value. I don't have the energy for another "Is Pudding lying?" debate (And I'm one of those people who liked Pudding).
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Wait, it's Monday already and still no second page. Since when apforums became empty?

On topic: Hiyori is probably the same person with Komurasaki.
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

The stuttering bit where Hiyoarasaki back pedals and calls Zoro noble.... I'm kinda stuck there because I feel it was Toko that stuttered and then Hiyoarasaki switched the attention from Toko to herself. As for her motivations, I feel like she's not being entirely forthcoming and is being just a tad sweeter than necessary. I don't think she is lying about being Hiyori though. Zoro's strength seems to have impressed her and I think she feels the need to 'trick' him into fighting for her but soon will learn that her usual tricks don't work and we will have an emotional scene filled with tears where she discards her komuarasaki persona and begs for help; either that or she stands tall as a samurais daughter and demands to be fought for.

Speaking of Zoro, it's really interesting that he views fighting differently from Luffy. Luffy says there's no cheating in pirates fighting (Kata+Flampe) but Zoro prefers 'honourable' and fair fights.The different creeds make it more organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashura_KingFisher View Post
    Wait, it's Monday already and still no second page. Since when apforums became empty?

On topic: Hiyori is probably the same person with Komurasaki.
    short chapter, nothing really new to discuss, and most of the discussion happened in the spoiler thread already.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information