+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 878: ''The World Is Shocked - A Fifth Emperor of the Sea Emerges!''

Default Re: 878: ''The World Is Shocked - A Fifth Emperor of the Sea Emerges!''

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Just like your other dumb theory this is wrong.

https://images.ecosia.org/t6Siv8p2j8...%2FMBGRxOZ.png
    What is your problem and why are you so angry? Could it be that the only fulfillment you receive in life is from insulting strangers anonymously in message boards for Japanese cartoons? I don’t understand and won’t play into it right now but you should reevaluate your life, b.

It’s not like Oda has ever used misdirection before. /s

I mean your theories are dumb its that simple

I honestly think you both need to cool it.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Weird how they started the series over from the beginning. Guess it’ll be a few years until we get to Wano...

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Finally got around to seeing the episode, and I have to agree that it was rather unsatisfying. The Romance Dawn flashback had great direction and art, but there was no reason to include ALL of it. Just the scene where Shanks gave Luffy the Straw Hat would have sufficed to explain the significance of the "Fifth Emperor" development. Or, if it was possible, airing Episode of East Blue beforehand would have been a great alternative.

The second part of the episode wasn't terrible to watch, but I have numerous problems with it. The revelation of Luffy being the "Fifth Emperor" felt really disjointed as it got interrupted by scenes with Zeus, Sanji's Raid Suit, and Fishman Island. I feel like it would have flowed much better if we had gotten Luffy's new bounty in this episode, and put the Fishman Island stuff in the next one, to fully sell the Reverie. Oh, and the art was a massive downgrade to boot.

And while I do certainly hope we get a new opening by the time Wano starts, I do at least ironically appreciate how Big Mom has the chance to headline the opening of an arc she's not particularly relevant in, much like Kaido did in "We Can!" at the start of WCI.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    In one flashback shot back during Fishman Island, we're shown Whitebeard and crew in the process of putting the island under his protection. In that shot, Teach is shown wearing a three-bladed "Wolverine-claw" style weapon.

Though nothing has been made of it since, the implication is that those "claws" were Teach's weapon of choice, at least back then. It's impossible to say for sure until we know more on their respective pasts, but I'd say it's fairly likely Shanks's scars came from that weapon, rather than a thus-far-unmentioned Zoan fruit.
    I believe Vivre Card confirmed that Blackbeard indeed injured Shanks with the claw weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Had East Blue not just recently happened I probably wouldn't be as furious.
    I wasn't a fan of the extended East Blue flashback either but I wouldn't call Episode of East Blue recent given it came out a year and a half ago.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information