+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 114

Thread: Chapter 935: Queen

  1. #81

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Douriki was, in my estimation, quite possibly one of the worst ideas Oda ever put to page. But i did enjoy how it dicked over all Sauron wanking by making Roof's guy literally twice as great as S and Z's guys. Y'know what now that i think about it the funny part outweighs the stupidity of the power level number thingamajig.

  2. #82
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Douriki was, in my estimation, quite possibly one of the worst ideas Oda ever put to page. But i did enjoy how it dicked over all Sauron wanking by making Roof's guy literally twice as great as S and Z's guys. Y'know what now that i think about it the funny part outweighs the stupidity of the power level number thingamajig.
    Agreed. As funny as it is looking back now imagine if it stuck and we still used it today. Geez. We already have our power level analysts knee deep in Bounty = everything we need to know about a character's status. If they had another number to quantify strength it would make the discussion about the topic unbearable. (which it is slowly approaching with new, higher bounties keep popping up.)

    I think it goes to show how absurd it is to implement because even in Dragonball it became useless after Freiza or whatever. The inflation would be nuts.

  3. #83

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    That really makes me wish Douriki had been more of a significant thing than a one-off, almost useless measure that ultimately wasn't worth bringing up. It grossly downplayed the gap between Sanji and Zoro's strengths by making their opponents only 20 points apart but if done correctly it could be worth a hell of a lot more. If only certain people in the One Piece world had the ability to calculate it, say, then it could have been more useful without being overused and kept around longer but all we have is speculation and these weird abstract numbers.
    That just proofs that there is no gap between them in strength in Oda's mind, only fans assumed zoro is equal to luffy and stronger then sanji.

    Only post ts you could say there was some gap but with the raid suit there is no gap anymore.

  4. #84
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Douriki was, in my estimation, quite possibly one of the worst ideas Oda ever put to page. But i did enjoy how it dicked over all Sauron wanking by making Roof's guy literally twice as great as S and Z's guys. Y'know what now that i think about it the funny part outweighs the stupidity of the power level number thingamajig.
    I have no idea what you were saying for half of that but I agree about Lucchi being twice what Kaku and Jyabura were at was probably more absurd than the fact that Zoro had enough brute strength to break through Kaku's Tekkai while Sanji had to use an elemental move to bypass it on Jyabura.

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDunns View Post
    Agreed. As funny as it is looking back now imagine if it stuck and we still used it today. Geez. We already have our power level analysts knee deep in Bounty = everything we need to know about a character's status. If they had another number to quantify strength it would make the discussion about the topic unbearable. (which it is slowly approaching with new, higher bounties keep popping up.)

    I think it goes to show how absurd it is to implement because even in Dragonball it became useless after Freiza or whatever. The inflation would be nuts.
    I know, that's why I suggested it be some kind of rare talent (like as rare as Haoshoku Haki) for someone in the OP world to identify someone's current Douriki, just to get a measure of comparison between, say, two specific individuals or to gauge how much someone has improved between one arc and another.

    But yeah, once you got into the millions of power level points in Dragonball Z it really stopped mattering. Luckily One Piece feels more grounded. I think we'd be lucky to see anyone break 100K to be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    That just proofs that there is no gap between them in strength in Oda's mind, only fans assumed zoro is equal to luffy and stronger then sanji.

    Only post ts you could say there was some gap but with the raid suit there is no gap anymore.
    In Oda's mind maybe but his subconscious should tell his conscious mind that there's no way in hell that's true for the reason I stated above. And much as I would love to believe that Sanji's Raid Suit closed the gap between himself and Zoro in pure strength terms, that's a baseless statement. In point of fact we could conclude that the time skip worsened the gap between them and we've yet to see any resolution to that in a definitive sense. Oda had a perfectly elegant opportunity to do so by unlocking Sanji's dormant Vinsmoke power but elected not to. I see that as a sign that Oda doesn't care to even the odds between the second and third strongest. My main thing is, given how Oda put both Sanji and Jimbei up against Wadatsumi, is he trying to say that we should view Jimbei on an even footing with Sanji or what? Because I don't believe that's the case given how well he stood up against Big Mom and frankly I'm more interested in how his strength stacks up with Zoro's since that seems to be where the real mystery lies (then we'd know for sure who's truly second to Luffy).

  5. #85
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    That really makes me wish Douriki had been more of a significant thing than a one-off, almost useless measure that ultimately wasn't worth bringing up. It grossly downplayed the gap between Sanji and Zoro's strengths by making their opponents only 20 points apart but if done correctly it could be worth a hell of a lot more. If only certain people in the One Piece world had the ability to calculate it, say, then it could have been more useful without being overused and kept around longer but all we have is speculation and these weird abstract numbers.
    Not if you remember that Jabura mentioned Douriki only measures someone physical capabilities, not taking into account devil fruit powers.

    Think we can all agree Kaku's display was a lot more impressive than Jabura's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  6. #86
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

    Think we can all agree Kaku's display was a lot more ridiculous than Jabura's.
    Fixed .


  7. #87
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    That just proofs that there is no gap between them in strength in Oda's mind, only fans assumed zoro is equal to luffy and stronger then sanji.

    Only post ts you could say there was some gap but with the raid suit there is no gap anymore.
    That's just wrong, like I mentioned.

    Last time Zoro and Sanji seemed equal was when they went dinosaur hunting on Little Garden. Since then Zoro's opponents and feats in battle were always more impressive. Even more so since TS, damn. Not even funny!

    Really doubt raid suit will bring Sanji to the same level. Even if Oda had a real interest in making Sanji one of the main heavy hitters again. You know, I keep thinking maybe Oda has plans with him and shit, but every Sanji's new fight seems like a half baked awkward pandering to the fans. One hitting chumps, having unfinished skirmishes before going all out, having his fights cut off... Really don't know what to make of it.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Fixed .
    Those terms are practically synonyms in OP, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    So I was doing a bit of math. Law said on Punk Hazard that Kaido had around 500 SMILE users. We know from Zou Sanji is worth 1000 men and Zoro 2000, and Kin'emon stated that Ashura Doji, Kawamatsu, and Denjiro are each worth 100 men in battle. Since Luffy is Zoro and Sanji's captain, let's project him to be worth 3000 men, and Jinbe will also be worth 1000. Shinobu estimated they'd recruit 500 samurai without Hyogoro, but since he's teamed up with Luffy and will obviously come into play let's assume they quintuple their recruits to 2500, since Hyogoro ruled over 5 village bosses. The Straw Hat Grand Fleet has 5640 members. Let's estimate the military forces of the Mink Tribe to be around 50 members, and since they're obviously gonna fight on a night of a full moon and thus activate Sulong, let's estimate their military strength as 2500 people. Then, of course, there's the amnesiac Big Mom. Let's say a typical giant is worth 500 men in battle. Big Mom killed a giant at the age of 5. She's around 13 times as old as she was then, making her roughly worth 6500 men in battle.

    Aside from the SMILE users, you have the Pleasures, who basically don't count as fighters, Drake and Hawkins crews, Headliners with real fruits like Page One, the three Calamities, and Kaido. Kaido's gonna need a lot to bring him down, but his intro only stated "If it's 1-on-1, Kaido will win", thus not eliminating the possibility that Kaido could lose in a 2 v 1 fight. So let's lowball him as being worth 2 people in battle. On the Wano natives' side, let's say there are only 500 samurai left on Orochi's side, there can't be that many people who live on Wano can there?

    Thus, the final battle on Onigashima will pit the rough equivalent of 25,000 alliance members vs. 1100 Beasts Pirates. Gonna be an absolute snoozefest. NPMS Alliance too OP, Oda, pls nerf.
    Hahaha, that was a hilarious read.

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I have no idea what you were saying for half of that but I agree about Lucchi being twice what Kaku and Jyabura were at was probably more absurd than the fact that Zoro had enough brute strength to break through Kaku's Tekkai while Sanji had to use an elemental move to bypass it on Jyabura.
    Didn't Zoro use Lion's Song or something to break Kaku's Iron Body? Or at least attempt to? You know that move Zoro uses to cut steel, the one that only came about when he realized it was about technique and not brute force?

    Do you also realize that Jyabra was the only member of CP9 who could use Iron Body while in motion so just about the entire fight he was using it and Sanji's kicks were hurting him throughout? Of course this is One Piece so a brand new move was the finisher, not particularly necessary for him or Zoro, just a flashy way to end.

    Doruki lovers need a one way ticket to Oro Jackson.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

  9. #89

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    just complementing some thoughts here, Douriki did measured someone physical capabilities only, but that means EVERY physical capabilities not just "pure strength", and we all know that the usual strats about zoro and sanji in terms of "physical capabilities is that zoro is stronger and more durable while sanji is faster, if we compare it to Jyabura and Kaku to make an argument about Oda evaluating sanji and zoro's overall "physical capabilities" through them, the fact that their douriki was somehow balanced makes sense

    and Lucci was overrall physically superior compared to Jyabura and kaku tbh...

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I have no idea what you were saying for half of that but I agree about Lucchi being twice what Kaku and Jyabura were at was probably more absurd than the fact that Zoro had enough brute strength to break through Kaku's Tekkai while Sanji had to use an elemental move to bypass it on Jyabura.
    Sanji was able to do some damage but his struggle was mostly because Jyabura was a tekkai specialist, he was the only one that could move while using tekkai, or at least... the only that was shown doing it, but anyway... we are comparing slashes with kicks... so... them being elemental moves are fair

  10. #90

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Ahh the return of the age long debate, how close are Zoro and Sanji in terms of strength, we've been debating this for decades.... literally

  11. #91
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Zoro got struck by nails from a Headliner who isn't in the Tobi Roppo

    Sanji got attacked by a Tobi Roppo but wasn't injured

    Sanji > Zoro, clearly.



    Spoiler:

  12. #92

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Zoro got struck by nails from a Headliner who isn't in the Tobi Roppo

    Sanji got attacked by a Tobi Roppo but wasn't injured

    Sanji > Zoro, clearly.
    Minatomo could probably defeat Zoro
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  13. #93

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    I can't wait for when both Sanji and Zoro to beat Queen and King (respectively) and people start using that for there power level discussions about how Sanji will never be on Zoro's level

    EDIT: I realize I just did the thing I was making fun of literately two seconds ago, but I felt so bad for Sanji, not enough people stick up for that guy

  14. #94

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Zoro got struck by nails from a Headliner who isn't in the Tobi Roppo

    Sanji got attacked by a Tobi Roppo but wasn't injured

    Sanji > Zoro, clearly.
    Yep, that settles that.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    We will have chapter 936 this week?

  16. #96

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

    Last time Zoro and Sanji seemed equal was when they went dinosaur hunting on Little Garden. Since then Zoro's opponents and feats in battle were always more impressive. Even more so since TS, damn. Not even funny!

    Really doubt raid suit will bring Sanji to the same level. Even if Oda had a real interest in making Sanji one of the main heavy hitters again. You know, I keep thinking maybe Oda has plans with him and shit, but every Sanji's new fight seems like a half baked awkward pandering to the fans. One hitting chumps, having unfinished skirmishes before going all out, having his fights cut off... Really don't know what to make of it.
    Sanji was all out with doflamingo and vergo. I took that as oda suggesting that sanji needs power up, something he didn't get in the time skip, since he didn't get proper mentor like zoro and luffy, as in the raid suit. He got ivankov that not only he is not top tier, but he is okama so sanji doesn't want to learn from him and was stuck self training in the time skip. As for his fight with pageone is more about saving the full power of raid suit for the final of this arc, maybe even saving page1 for someoen else in the final and not show him defeated.


    There was the option to give sanji someone like Zeff 2.0 in the time skip as mentor, but there doesn't seem to be top tier cook in the world. Streusen and ivankov are like the strongest cooks we know in NW, as in far from mihawk, unless I forgot someone.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; March 13th, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I have no idea what you were saying for half of that
    Yes it can be difficult to parse the terminology of AP. Fan wanking is the age old habit of declaring that Mihawk is tots teh coolest and he could beat up Whitebread or Shanks or whoever. It's essentially the forum version of my dad is stronger than your dad. And being dicked over in this scenario refers to how Oda just kicked the stool out from under the feet of a proud group of Sauron wankers who had perfected the art of explaining why swords beat rubber and sandals by explicitly putting a number on how much greater Luffy Luffyington is than both S and Z.

  18. #98
    Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Douriki, how cute!
    We now have cavendish as an indicator for fight power.
    Queen is like ~7 Cavendishs, which makes about 3.5 Hakubas?
    Or was it 7 Hakubas and 14 Cavendishs?
    Either way, one cavendish is a half Hakuba. And one of them is either 100mio or 200mio bounty of sheer fight power iirc.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8


  19. #99

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    My bullshit number is better than your bullshit number

  20. #100
    Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Chapter 935: Queen

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    My bullshit number is better than your bullshit number
    But my bullshit number is more bullshit than your bullshit number!

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    But with Queen's Display of personality yet, I can imagine him as Sanji's Opponent a Little more. They'd argue about who loves/misses Komurasaki more.
    To me that is more convincing for a fight than "oh, Queen's wearin lipstick, must be an Okama, has to be Sanji's Opponent!"
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts