Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1844

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Even Milo benches Eldegoss.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    The raids are most definitely balanced for groups of multiple players, which is why the NPCs are mostly trash. It makes sense for them to be hard playing them by yourself, much like dungeons and raids in an MMO are a pain without the right amount of people.
    Yeah... But a Magikarp that gets one hit KOed every single turn by the raid Pokemon is a bit of overkill. Magikarp isn't even the only one. Nearly every AI Pokemon is weak, and they all seem to be programmed to rarely go on the offensive, which just makes five star Raid battles a loss if you can't find anyone.

I actually had a Raid battle where three of us were human, and only one was AI. That AI was the blasted Magikarp, and because of that one AI with the Magikarp we lost. That's overkill.

I only lose with other players when they constantly go heat crash/incinerate with Coalosal and don’t read the text that it didn’t miss but didn’t work.

Or the few geniouses that use surf/earthquake.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Piers was worth the long wait.

On single-player raids, I wish they didn't all become 4-5 star late-postgame. I wish it was still possible to find some three stars and below, because I used the EXP Candies to level up and I couldn't beat the 4 and 5 star ones.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Yeah... But a Magikarp that gets one hit KOed every single turn by the raid Pokemon is a bit of overkill. Magikarp isn't even the only one. Nearly every AI Pokemon is weak, and they all seem to be programmed to rarely go on the offensive, which just makes five star Raid battles a loss if you can't find anyone.

I actually had a Raid battle where three of us were human, and only one was AI. That AI was the blasted Magikarp, and because of that one AI with the Magikarp we lost. That's overkill.
    Magikarp is one of the okay partners. It usually attacks (unless it misses Hydro Pump) and it has a Focus Sash so it never dies in one turn unless there's a sandstorm etc. I'll take that crappy Magikarp any day over a Clefairy that does nothing but Helping Hand / Follow Me / Life Dew, or a Solrock that sits there jacking off with Cosmic Power and Rock Polish. I'll even take it over the stupid Snorlax and Maractus that feel the need to use 2-turn moves like Giga Impact and Solar Beam.

But if three of you were human and you still lost, people must have had some bad / low-level mons. Now that it's post-game I go into 5-star battles all the time with only one human partner, and at least when it's someone I know like Noqanky or maxterdexter, I've virtually never lost. I guess one exception was a time maxter and I got cocky and both sent in kinda underleveled Flapples against a 5-star G-max Drednaw... that thing doesn't mess around.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    On single-player raids, I wish they didn't all become 4-5 star late-postgame. I wish it was still possible to find some three stars and below, because I used the EXP Candies to level up and I couldn't beat the 4 and 5 star ones.
    3-stars still happen. I get them all the time. But 4-star raids should not be a problem solo as long as you have one or two solid high-level mons to choose from to send out. If nothing else, Spamming Dynamax Cannon with Eternatus (even better with Choice Specs) should make short work of almost any 4-star. Or your legendary if you have it. I usually solo them as a matter of course so as to not waste others' time. As others have mentioned it can become more RNG-centric if it has AOE moves, but when I bring a level 100 mon, a 4-star has never survived enough turns to KO all my allies, have them revive, and then get KO'd again.
    Last edited by Foolio; December 11th, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Hmmm, I think you guys are right, I'll bench Eldegoss. Also since I plan on catching Morpeko later.

With a few rare exceptions, I'm pretty much strictly opposed to using single-type pokemon and non-evolving pokemon.

Falinks breaks both of those rules but deserves love.

oh Yeah, I don’t have any 100 level, the highest is just 90, but with lvl 70 I haven’t lost any solo raid against a 4*, as they just put barriers once. Maybe once that I used a fresh sandaconda by mistake, and the time that I was the jerk with the useless Coalosal.

And I can attest of the killer drednaw with foolio, rock slide is dangerous.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Falinks deserves x6 of your love. The rest of my team would put a helmet and shields to get the same love, if they were real.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

In human populated Raid Battles 1) Is only one Dynamx allpwed for the whole team or once per person participating? 2) How does capturing work? Does averyone get a chance at catching it, potentially creating 4 caught versions of the same defeated Mon or only the person who landed the finishing blow?
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

1.- Only one person can dynamax, it is usualy the owner of the raid, but if they deny it (the gen8 legendaries can't dynamax) then next in line can.

2.- Everyone gets to throw a ball, all who capture it will get identical pokemons.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Btw, any raid that you start, and it is not a gigantamax (alt form), you guarantee a capture.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post

Btw, any raid that you start, and it is not a gigantamax (alt form), you guarantee a capture.
    Unless it's a raid that is part of an ongoing event, like Munchlax/Snorlax.
    Currently playing Pokémon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

The moment Leon started talking about supereffective hits was the moment I knew that he had to be taken down for the common good. Final party was:

Cinderace
    Corviknight
    Toxtricity (Amped)
    Falinks
    Excadrill
    Araquanid

I actually struggled a fair bit with Leon and after two wipes had to swallow my pride and dip into my Max Revive stash. Mechanically the battle reminded me of Cynthia due to the big level jump and having a pretty balanced team with diverse movesets. I didn't really have any solid answers for his Haxorus or Dragapult other than trying to tank with Corviknight (not an option w. Dragapult thanks to Thunderbolt). And somehow after all this time I have not learned my lesson to never, ever count on the AI hurting themselves when confused when it counts (all three attempts, Haxorus never once hit itself). I had fun taking down Gigantimax Charizard by sacking Cinderace to bait him into setting up a sandstorm with Max Rockfall so that Excadrill could one-shot him with a Sand Force-powered Rock Slide. Serves him right for taking a Pokémon with a quad weakness into the championship match without Garchomp-tier stats to back it up!
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

btw, it seems like if you spawn a promoted raid, every reroll will also be a promoted one, keept getting the gmax that I already have, while searching for Falinks/Sirfetch with HAs.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    The raids are most definitely balanced for groups of multiple players, which is why the NPCs are mostly trash. It makes sense for them to be hard playing them by yourself, much like dungeons and raids in an MMO are a pain without the right amount of people.
    Problem is of course, this game's multiplayer infrastructure is complete and utter horseshit, so even if you have online or are sitting in a room with several other players, you're still by no means guaranteed to get help. At least for my part, I seem to be lucky if one person joins my raids, and I feel like I just about never manage to join in on anyone else's raids. The other day I kinda-sorta cheated my way into an encounter with a Gigantamax Alcremie, and then I invited several others to join in... We had four people. More often than not at least one of them would miss out on participating. (We fought the thing like eight times. I kept deliberately just soft-resetting even after catching it because I wanted to let the others successfully catch it as well. Oh, and literally none of them did. I successfully caught the thing in a Heal Ball every single time, but nobody else ever did it.)

So yeah. Max Raids are teh bad. The concept isn't awful but this game that is heavily based around playing with friends has utter rubbish connectivity.

Yeah the way it works is trash, but I find the most reliable functionality is having people in your friend list and raiding together. As long as you're online and not in the middle of something that blocks notifications, it almost always goes smoothly letting you join (using local communication has worked as well when in physical proximity). I just put a password on it if I'm trying to get several friends in.

As for Gigantamax raids, in this specific case the catch rate for the raid initiator is drastically higher than it is for other participants. The base catch rate for everyone else is something really low, like under 10%, so even using the best balls your odds suck. Trying to do a Gigantamax raid and wanting all 4 participants to catch it is nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    As for Gigantamax raids, in this specific case the catch rate for the raid initiator is drastically higher than it is for other participants. The base catch rate for everyone else is something really low, like under 10%, so even using the best balls your odds suck. Trying to do a Gigantamax raid and wanting all 4 participants to catch it is nearly impossible.
    I am aware of this. Still. Eight attempts. Literally all eight times I was the only one who managed to catch the thing. That is, um... absurd.

Yeah that's just unlucky, unless they were using bad balls. I did the math; if we give each other player a 10% chance to catch, then going 8 battles without anyone catching it is a 5.76% chance. But that's just luck and I don't consider it a problem with the raid system.

In other news I finally got around to doing the Battle Tower doubles. It was probably easier than singles since the rain team sweeps really easily when you get two at once. Nothing really gives it trouble since rain-boosted water attacks plus Swift Swim shred through most things, and for Grass types you just spam Hurricane with Pelipper and Max Ooze with Seismitoad or Barraskewda, which gives your team a SpAtk boost to boot. You can even bring Ludicolo with Ice Beam. I once again lost a single time, when I got unlucky and Pelipper got paralyzed by Thunder and I got a crit onto Seismitoad by Bullet Seed (on the second hit AFTER Rindo Berry had popped -_- ). And naturally Leon is a joke in the rain. In the Master Ball tier he brings a Rillaboom but it dies instantly to Max Ooze + Hurricane.
    Last edited by Foolio; December 13th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Yeah that's just unlucky, unless they were using bad balls. I did the math; if we give each other player a 10% chance to catch, then going 8 battles without anyone catching it is a 5.76% chance. But that's just luck and I don't consider it a problem with the raid system.
    According to Serebii at least, the rate for non-host players against Gigantamax Pokémon is far from 10%.
    It's 1.6%. Same as most Legendaries. And incidentally I'm doing the same thing now with the same people to try and get Gigantamax Garbodor, and this time I'm not the one hosting... Tried five times so far. Still the host is the only one to have successfully caught it. Which... seems to back up what Serebii said.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information