+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83
Results 1,641 to 1,655 of 1655

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Falinks is already a meme as well.

And done!
    After 107 hours of playtime I've completed the Pokédex in Shield.
    Once I've finished with my second run through Sword I'll probably take a break until Home (or some sort of patch) comes out.
    Enough time to replay ToV, FFXII and DQXI.

My Teams:
    Sh: Rillaboom, Noctowl, Hitmonlee, Glalie, Alcremie, Toxtricity (amped)
    Sw1: Intelieon, Vespiquen, Pangoro, Vileplume, Coalossal, Gothitelle
    Sw2: Raboot, Dottler, Roserade, Bewear, Vanillite, Goldeen (all currently Lvl 28)
    Last edited by Early; November 30th, 2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Currently playing Pokémon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

Alright, game completed. Final team was Cinderace, Orbeetle, Runegrigus, Jellicent, Toxitricity, and Grimmsnarl. Took a few Max Revives, but I managed to beat Leon on the first try.

In the post-game quest now and, boy oh boy is this tedious. Oh well. I've already got over half the Pokedex completed, so filling the rest out after this hopefully shouldn't be too bad.

I had written a long post with my thoughts on every pokemon line, but it got lost to a random AP error message.

So, instead I'll just make some random hot takes on the extremes:

Favorite new design: Galarian Ponyta line. I like fairies, and Ponyta is probably one of the cutest fictional things I've ever seen. Rapidash is regal af, and it's my friend forever.
    Best new design: being objective is hard, but I'm willing to judge that either Corviknight or Centiskorch are just outright the best new pokemon designs. Hard to pick between these two. Grimmsnarl line is also an excellent new addition, but I can see it being more divisive.
    Most forgettable: Pincurchin
    I hate it: Coalossal. Rolycoly could have been something cooler and instead it looks like a fat marge simpson made of coal. Stonjourner is also dumb.

Also, design-wise I'm having a hard time deciding whether Bug or Fighting got the best new pokemon. Leaning towards bug (Orbeetle, Centiskorch, Frosmoth are all excellent pokemon), but the combo of Falinks, Grapploct and Sirfecth'd is also formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Also, design-wise I'm having a hard time deciding whether Bug or Fighting got the best new pokemon. Leaning towards bug (Orbeetle, Centiskorch, Frosmoth are all excellent pokemon), but the combo of Falinks, Grapploct and Sirfetch'd is also formidable.
    I agree that Falinks, Grapploct and Sirfetch'd have great designs, but they are all pure fighting types, which is quite boring. Bug meanwhile has Bug/Psychic, Bug/Ice and Bug/Fire, and two of these combinations are completely new! So I'd say that bugs are the biggest winners this gen. (just like Gen 7 and 5)
    Currently playing Pokémon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

Bug just keeps producing the best designs each gen, and I feel that next gen we'll get bug/dragon and bug/dark considering how they are the ones that feel more "checkboxy", in the sense that is the ones that seem to be made to advance on the possible type combinations, as last gen we got two propper bug/water instead of surskit losing the combo, and bug/fairy, gen 6 seemed bad, but Vivillon was something super cool that made the GTS (sigh) interesting and made me evolve everything on it's line to check if I got a new one, and gen5 having like 6 different bug families was neat.

Grimmsnarl is other one that needs the animations to trully shine, his hair armor is awesome/gross.

Coalossal is ugly, and people don't read that WEIGHT BASED ATTACKS DON'T WORK AGAINST RAIDS FFS READ THE FUCKING TEXT make me particulary angry, but is egg mom this gen with the hatching abilities, and was just generally useful so I try to keep calm with this family.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Graploct I have seen very very little, and I get that sirfetch is the knight of so many people's hearts, but:

It was too big to be called a leek. Too big, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of vegetable.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Gapploct is friggin' terrifying when it crouches down on all its tentacles and suddenly lunges at you.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Sirfetch'd is an insteresting mix of imposing and goofy, but I have to admit the sheer badassery of Galarian Farfetch'd trumps it in my eyes. I don't know how they did it, but somehow a duck carrying a giant leak is one of the coolest things in the franchise.

If I ignore Rillaboom's drumset (god damn it I hate that thing), and for that I just need to focus on its official artwork instead of the game model, it is easily my favorite starter line since Gen IV - the gen I think was perfect starter-wise.

Raboot grew on me on I liked Cinderace since the start. Taking into account what seems to be the guidelines for starters in the recent generations, I think it is a very good line. I still don't like Scorbunny, though.

My opinion on Drizzile and Inteleon didn't changed at all since they leaked, so it remained the only starter line I disliked this generation. I like Sobble, though.

I warmed up to Zacian and Zamazenta a lot after my initial very negative reception. Their Hero of Many Battles form definitely helped giving them a lot of personality. But damn, those howls were getting annoying on the post-game chapter.
    I have literally no opinion whatsoever on Eternatus. But Poison type gets recognition so good, I guess.

As for the regular lines, like I said Orbeetle is definitely my favorite Gen VIII pokémon. From its design to its animations (if you pause its Gigantamax attack animation at the right time, you can pretend he is disco dancing... (...)), I love everything about this little guy. Even though Blipbug is one of the few Galar designs I still dislike.

Other favorites would be the entire Wooloo, Dreepy and Impidimp lines, both -vish fossils and Snom (I like Frosmoth too, but Snom just took the level of cuteness in Pokémon to a complete new level).

Corviknight would probably get the "best new design", though. I think it is up there with Scizor, the so far indisputable best Pokémon design in my list.

My team:
    Corviknight
    Intelleon
    Galarian Rapidash
    Boltund
    Sirfetch
    Obstagon.

As you can see 3 out of 6 are galarian forms and I love corviknight design but wish Bolt has a third evolution like the luxray line.

Team B:
    Orbettle
    Toxicity
    Gapploct
    Noivern
    Grimmsnarl
    Glaceon

I love Glaceon and always have her around whenever I play a new game.

Favorite designs that I'm not already running is Hatterene, Drednaw, Copperajah, Cramorant and SNOM.
    The coal line should be ashamed of itself.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I like Rolycoaly bur that second evo's strange eyes creep me right the hell out. Coalossal's Gigantimax should have been its main final design.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Last edited by NateRich; December 1st, 2019 at 08:29 PM. Reason: YouTube recommendations does it again

We're almost home!
    Charmeleon!
    That's all folks!
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Something I've been wondering about, Galar is based on the UK and IIRC the UK is England (or Britain? are they the same country or different countries), Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. But a lot of stuff seems British and/or English, and according to Bulbapedia's Pokemon regions in relation to the real world page, all the cities and towns seem to be based off ones in England except for snowy mountains that could be Wales, although there is a disclaimer on the page that the information is fan speculation.

I thought Hammerlocke sounded like a Scottish name and the Hammerlocke Hills have bagpipes in the music but apparently that's an England place too.

I was wondering if there's any Irish or Scottish elements to the region, or is it just Britain/England and maybe a little Wales? I know Ireland and Scotland have a lot of sheep too but I mean something very specifically Irish or Scottish rather than something that's in them but also England. If there isn't, does that mean since the UK encompasses all those countries it's unlikely for there to be a region set in Ireland or Scotland in the future?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Something I've been wondering about, Galar is based on the UK and IIRC the UK is England (or Britain? are they the same country or different countries), Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. But a lot of stuff seems British and/or English, and according to Bulbapedia's Pokemon regions in relation to the real world page, all the cities and towns seem to be based off ones in England except for snowy mountains that could be Wales, although there is a disclaimer on the page that the information is fan speculation.

I thought Hammerlocke sounded like a Scottish name and the Hammerlocke Hills have bagpipes in the music but apparently that's an England place too.

I was wondering if there's any Irish or Scottish elements to the region, or is it just Britain/England and maybe a little Wales? I know Ireland and Scotland have a lot of sheep too but I mean something very specifically Irish or Scottish rather than something that's in them but also England. If there isn't, does that mean since the UK encompasses all those countries it's unlikely for there to be a region set in Ireland or Scotland in the future?
    Ireland isn't part of UK. It's Nothern Ireland that is. Which is like less than twenty percent of the island.

And about Scotland, you have the female trainer's default outfit and you could say Sobble is solely based on the Loch Ness monster.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Gapploct is friggin' terrifying when it crouches down on all its tentacles and suddenly lunges at you.
    You tell me.

3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information