+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1802

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    named them Monstrosity, Abomination, Sacrilege, and Desecration.
    I commend you, good sir.

The fossils are some of my favourites. The idea behind them is just so absurd.
    I got all 4 of them (after lots of Watts spent) and named them Monstrosity, Abomination, Sacrilege, and Desecration.

I'm gonna train them up as a team some day.
    I had a tough day and I read this and I laughed like a little but a genuine one.
    I commend you too good sir.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm fighting the ghost gym right now with a Copperajah, Barraskewda, Centiskorch, Toxtricity, Coallosal, and a Sandaconda. All of the new pokemon (that I've seen so far) are just great. Encountered a new Galarian form in the gym too, which looked way cooler than I imagined from hearing about it.

I'm just before the 6th gym myself. So far I'm committed to Cinderace, Alcremie, and Galor Rapidash. Just decided to check out Toxtricity and feeling like I'll keep that. Also have a Corviknight I've been using all game, but I'm starting to feel like dropping it (just not feeling it anymore). I might replace it with the ghost/dragon whenever I can find one. 6th slot I think I'm saving for a Lapras, if I can find one with the personal giant form.

Didn't realize the unique giant forms had to be caught in the wild zone until around now and that you can't just make any pokemon of that type have it. Assumed it was just gonna be connected to an item or having max giant level or something. That's probably the first strong, "Well...that's a stupid decision" feeling I've had towards sword and shield so far. Not gonna change out what I already have just for the giant forms, so meh on that.

So far, I'm of the opinion this is a really strong group of rivals. Hop thankfully stops being a Hau clone fairly early on after his fight with Bege. He's still the energetic bumbler, but at least he's actually trying to win and trying to make changes to make his team stronger. Bede is just a fun jerk rival with a pinch of crazy/obsession. And Marnie is just... a weirdly nice girl with crazy fans. I'd say I wish she was around a bit more earlier, but it kinda works well seeing Team Yell being obnoxious enough to be annoying, and then just having a nice chat with Marnie every now and then. It's fun picturing the Male avatar trying to keep Hop and Bede from fighting, while the Girl avatar and Marnie are just having tea and a nice chat.

Only other standout thing that's bugged me... going from the 4th gym to the 5th was very short and very disappointing. A quick fight with Bede and then a short fairy forest. With the "creepy cute" theme going for that area, really should've been a bigger forest or something to stretch it out. Hopefully it's not the same on the other side of the map, between the 6th and 7th gym...

Yeah, Gigantamax being specific to just those specimens was a stupid idea. Rather, they should have made you "unlock" that form once you found and beat it on a raid (say your band absorbed the g-max energy Giga Lapras released when you defeated it, so now you can use it on any Lapras).

If you are looking for a specific Gigantamax form, btw, you might want to check this map: https://imgur.com/gallery/CkD2lJF
    Look on Serebii which den can spawn the one you are looking after and check on the map where it is located.

I can’t get people to join me to kill this fucking malamar, and it’s one shooting everyone else aaaaaaaaaaa level up the NPCs or let me disconnect if no one joins.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

That map is kind of confusing because it only lists the rare spawn pool dens. Each physical spot has the common pool den and rare pool den; the rare one doesn't even generally guarantee higher star encounters and very few things of interest actually require the rare one. The main one of course is Ditto.

It's still nice to have a map compared to the serebii screenshots, but it still takes some extra work to figure out exactly where I want to go lol. Now if only someone made a good list of where to find each TR, instead of me having to manually check every den listing of the right type for TR drops.
    Last edited by Foolio; November 20th, 2019 at 03:42 PM.

Maybe I was locking in too fast? I’ll try leaving it in searching. Usability 0 but just do what it needs me to do. And I can quit from here.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Huh, so if I understand it right. Gigantamax versions will only appear from the purple light "rare spawn," and the only way to reset the raid battles is to go around and beat all the currently active ones, or wait a day? And even when you eventually get the purple spawn on the right den you need, it's set in stone what it is and you can't reset the game for a different spawn from that den? I'm assuming the Wishing shard item can't or very rarely spawns the purple one too, so using that to increase odds isn't really an option? The game also doesn't tell you what level they are and if your level or progress is too low, gigantamaxes have almost non-existent catch rates?

So in the case that I wanted a gigantamax lapras, serebii says it only appears in the rare spawn of den 83 (in giant's belt) at 5% spawn rate? Unless serebii doesn't have all the spawn locations yet, that seems like hard "don't bother until post game" territory. Unless I'm understanding something wrong or don't know about a trick.

Someone wants to trade back wolves for the dex entry (need Shield one)? its the only Pokemon I'm missing to complete the dex, apparently having it seen doesn't count for the shiny charm

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Huh, so if I understand it right. Gigantamax versions will only appear from the purple light "rare spawn," and the only way to reset the raid battles is to go around and beat all the currently active ones, or wait a day? And even when you eventually get the purple spawn on the right den you need, it's set in stone what it is and you can't reset the game for a different spawn from that den? I'm assuming the Wishing shard item can't or very rarely spawns the purple one too, so using that to increase odds isn't really an option? The game also doesn't tell you what level they are and if your level or progress is too low, gigantamaxes have almost non-existent catch rates?

So in the case that I wanted a gigantamax lapras, serebii says it only appears in the rare spawn of den 83 (in giant's belt) at 5% spawn rate? Unless serebii doesn't have all the spawn locations yet, that seems like hard "don't bother until post game" territory. Unless I'm understanding something wrong or don't know about a trick.
    Nope, that's pretty much it, you nailed it.

Current event Gigantamax are an exception, though, since you find them in any raid and regardless of purple or red beam (currently those are Butterfree for both versions, Sandaconda and Drednaw for Sword, Corviknight and Centiskorch for Shield).

I caught a bunch of Galarian Ponyta's. Named them all Roach.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Someone wants to trade back wolves for the dex entry (need Shield one)? its the only Pokemon I'm missing to complete the dex, apparently having it seen doesn't count for the shiny charm
    I can do that, but I'm at work now so I'm only available at least 8-9 hours later. That alright with you?
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

I've got both games. Have 5 Badges in Sword. 1 Badge in Shield. Have mainly been doing raids during the week on Shield due to not having time to really pay attention to the story. Which likely doesn't matter but still. Somehow I got Galarian Corsula before the 2nd Gym through raids and its suppose to be one of the rarest pokemon in shield.

There is an exploit you can use if you want to get a max raid (the purple beam) from a wishing piece.
    It involves saving right before the den, using the wishing piece and pressing the home button and closing the game right after saying "yes" the second time so that you can see the color of the beam before it can save. It's like a half second window. Of course you only reset when the beam is red.
    Really useful for getting good IV Dittos from the den near the nurserie right after the bridge.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Also if anyone can help me figure out my team for my 2nd play through of Shield that would be a great help. I wanna make my team a metal band.

Rillaboom - Drummer
    Obstagoon - Screamer
    Toxtricity - Low key as Bassist, Amped up as Guitarist.

Never thought I would miss Exploud (Amp) or Jigglypuff (Singer). Any ideas how to fill my last two slots. I've been trying to figure it out. Typing doesn't matter. Just wanna complete the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
    Also if anyone can help me figure out my team for my 2nd play through of Shield that would be a great help. I wanna make my team a metal band.
    I can't think of any other music themed Pokemon. The only ones that come to mind are:
    -Gothitelle: looks like she fits into a metal band
    -Seismitoad
    -Mr. Rime: Background dancer maybe? XD
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

It is reaching, but charjabug as the band bus. Also useful in doubles with battery.

Dancers you have your pick, with hitmontop, salazle, maracactus and ludiculo as well.

Bronzong is an instrument itself.

Sirfetch kinda could pass as a violinist if you squint.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I can do that, but I'm at work now so I'm only available at least 8-9 hours later. That alright with you?
    Hey not sure if your 8-9 hours have passed, but I'm around now if you are. Sent you a Switch friend request.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information