+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1802

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

No issues with Kabu because my bird mega uh I mean dynamax whirlwind his last Pokemon.
    FYI there's max guard which helps a lot and stalls.
    If you want a harder challenge, don't dynamx your team and use strategy.

Oh yeah to add to everyone's points.

The music is bad for a Pokémon game.
    The trading is a terrible system despite everything being designed for ease of meta gameplay.
    Where the hell is my day one patch to fix the wild area frame rates plummet.
    Cities are giant wasted potentials.

There are good tho and a bunch of fun stuff but I'll save it for later. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    There's a mouse cursor in the ending credits.

It goes by really fast but you can see it fly over Rillaboom's butt at 0:59.
    It gets better and better.

Do you ppl know how the item work, for changing the nature of a poki? Does it resett the already earned bonus states? Or is there an item, that I Need to feed my poki first, to resett it?
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

I think you are confusing nature with EV.

- Nature gives a bonus to an stat while decreasing a different one. Using the new "mint" items, you can freely change the asset/flaw stat regardless of the pokémon nature. Mint items are post-game only, though.

- EV (Effort Value) are hidden "points" the pokémon gain as it goes through fights. The more EVs it gather in a stat, the better that stat will grow. Some items like Calcium can give EVs instantaneoulsly to a pokémon. I don't know if there is a way to reset a pokémon EV in SwSh so you can start from zero, though (XY had it, not sure about S&M).

- Plus, there is also IV (Individual Value), also hidden "points" just like the EV, but instead of being accumulated through experience they are fixed and determined when the pokémon is "born". You can raise those artificially to max using Bottle Caps, but only after the pokémon reaches level 100.

I dunno how things worked during the 4th gen. And the loss of the GTS is obviously a ploy to make people use PKMN Home..

But you remember when in the 5th, all you had was the "present a pokemon and use these 3 emotes to say if :D :| or :("? I miss that.

I managed to snag the starters but somehow I never match up to any shield player for any of the version exclusives, not that I have a full set of them yet, I was surprised by a random wild growlithe that I could have sworn was version exclusive vs vulpix right now.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I think you are confusing nature with EV.

- Nature gives a bonus to an stat while decreasing a different one. Using the new "mint" items, you can freely change the asset/flaw stat regardless of the pokémon nature. Mint items are post-game only, though.

- EV (Effort Value) are hidden "points" the pokémon gain as it goes through fights. The more EVs it gather in a stat, the better that stat will grow. Some items like Calcium can give EVs instantaneoulsly to a pokémon. I don't know if there is a way to reset a pokémon EV in SwSh so you can start from zero, though (XY had it, not sure about S&M).

- Plus, there is also IV (Individual Value), also hidden "points" just like the EV, but instead of being accumulated through experience they are fixed and determined when the pokémon is "born". You can raise those artificially to max using Bottle Caps, but only after the pokémon reaches level 100.
    Ah thank you. I thought the nature has impact on the EV too. So what happens when I give a lvl 50 pokemon a „mint“? It will reduce my def by 50p and give my att +50 as example? And if I give it to a lvl 10 pokemon it will reduce it by 2 and increase the other state by 2?
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

Alright, getting Sirfetch'd wasn't hard at all. Farfetch'd already came with a Leek, so I just game it the Focus Energy TR and spammed Fury Cutter against the Wobbufett on the same route I caught it on and it worked like a charm.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I dunno how things worked during the 4th gen. And the loss of the GTS is obviously a ploy to make people use PKMN Home..

But you remember when in the 5th, all you had was the "present a pokemon and use these 3 emotes to say if :D :| or :("? I miss that.

I managed to snag the starters but somehow I never match up to any shield player for any of the version exclusives, not that I have a full set of them yet, I was surprised by a random wild growlithe that I could have sworn was version exclusive vs vulpix right now.
    I'm a Shield player! The only exclusive I don't have yet is Corsola, but I'd be happy to trade any of the others for Sword exclusives.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

I'm still finishing the story, taking my time catching tons of stuff and working on my team, but I'm sure before long there'll be plenty of us here who can trade back and forth. I will need a Sobble at some point, and probably a different-region Ditto for Masuda breeding. And of course hidden ability mons will be a grind and are worth spreading the love on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I'm a Shield player! The only exclusive I don't have yet is Corsola, but I'd be happy to trade any of the others for Sword exclusives.
    Later this week (or weekend if you are based in america or asia time) I'll have a few more to trade. I'm still missing like 60% of the exclusives.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Finished: 44 hours, with 205 pokemon, over 50 curry, and a ton of "I feel asleep on saturday because I didn't sleep enough on launch day" play time.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Haha nice. I might end up with similar stats. I know my dex is way over 100 at this point but still 2 gyms to go. My general plan after the game is to fill the dex and do raid battles to get TRs and hopefully some hidden ability mons. The ones I know I want right now are Frosmoth, Corviknight and Dreepy.

Then I can start breeding for good shinies, once I get a foreign Ditto with preferably a few perfect IVs.

Later this week (or weekend if you are based in america or asia time) I'll have a few more to trade. I'm still missing like 60% of the exclusives.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Finished: 44 hours, with 205 pokemon, over 50 curry, and a ton of "I feel asleep on saturday because I didn't sleep enough on launch day" play time.
    Sounds great. I'll try to get Corsola by then. The thing's dependent on weather and only shows up in one spot.

How foreign is enough? I'm playing in english because fuck that noise of "placaje" or "ascuas", but my dittos would be definitelly foreign.

Cheated a bit to unlock the IV checker. Cheated another bit to get vacations today.

The national alola dex took me like a week or two, but that was around 300, I doubt I'll be able to get another 200 in just tomorrow, specially if the game gives me another friendship evolution, thank the curry/friend ball combo that made it faster but still..

I've going at it with a more "go" mindset, to get every sparkly, strong or raid mon, and sort them out later, or toss them to jobs.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I have Corsola already but don’t know if our times will align. I can discord you when I’m around I guess, see if it works

How foreign is enough? I'm playing in english because fuck that noise of "placaje" or "ascuas", but my dittos would be definitelly foreign.
    Wouldn't expect your in-game language to matter if your actual copy (or Switch?) is foreign, but not sure. Shouldn't be that hard to test, as foreign mons should fill in alternate pokédex data like they did in gen 7. I plan to catch my own decent Dittos (glowing to guarantee some perfect IVs) so that I can reciprocate.

Edit: I did a bit of searching and the in-game language really might matter. Is it possible to switch your language temporarily and catch things that will be named in that language?

I heard G-Corsola appears in overcast weather, but I don't know what overcast means. Can someone give me a clue, as in during overcast weather what does the sky look like and is it raining, snowing, anything falling from the sky?

Edit: I realized a few minutes after posting this that I could've either googled the definition of overcast or looked up a Youtube video of someone getting it and looking at the weather there, and that I probably embarrassed myself by making this post.
    Last edited by Medical Orbit; November 18th, 2019 at 07:20 PM.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    I heard G-Corsola appears in overcast weather, but I don't know what overcast means. Can someone give me a clue, as in during overcast weather what does the sky look like and is it raining, snowing, anything falling from the sky?
    It's probably easier to use the town map's weather toggle. The icon for overcast is a sun hiding behind a cloud.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! Just met Giga Butterfree, but lost the battle because one of the helpers was damn useless Wobbuffet who is just in there to waste a spot doing nothing and keep dying until the limit of defeats is met. And obviously Gigantamax can't be redone like regular raids...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! Just met Giga Butterfree, but lost the battle because one of the helpers was damn useless Wobbuffet who is just in there to waste a spot doing nothing and keep dying until the limit of defeats is met. And obviously Gigantamax can't be redone like regular raids...
    Yeah, I'm getting tired of Wobbuffets, Torkoals, Weaviles, and Clefairys.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information