+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1695

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Oh, the game crashed? I thought the Switch battery had run out. No idea, then, but it must be something else. If it was the same problem as the SD card one (assuming it could happen without a card), you wouldn't be able to restart the game after it crashed and would need to download it again.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Current team is Thwackey (no nickname yet), Wooloo (Beige Phillip), Thievul (Renarto) and Dottle (Doktor Meister). Intend to have Frosmoth and Grimmsnarl in it eventually.

Thing is, if you include Wooloo because of its Fluffy ability, 4 of my team are weak against Fire... one of them 4x. And none of them can hit a fire type super effectively (originally my team would have Drednaw instead of Orbeetle, but then I fell in love with the little guy). Kabu and Leon will be interesting fights.

Anyways, just finished Milo Gym (andre wasn't exaggerating, the city is really just a bunch of cardboard buildings as you can only enter the Stadium and the PokéCenter). I had decided I would only use 2 pokémon in the fight to be fair with him, but Thwackey managed to beat him alone without even Dynamaxing.
    Yeah, I want to be as fair with my criticism as possible, but I searched for an extra 10 minutes just hoping there was some other building or something. It's a pretty town too, as most of the game's art direction is wonderful, but it could really use some fleshing out. I am enjoying myself and enjoying the game, but I really wish it was more. That Eurogamer review has basically summed up my feelings about it up to where I am. There are no chunky side paths, caves, or places to explore. Every location in the game is mandatory to go to or get through, and any branch off of it leads into an immediate dead-end. Every area is also distinct, well thought out, and full of unique pokemon. The game could clearly be much more, but what we have is only disappointing in if you're an old fan and/or a fan of games with lots of places and areas to explore and find loot/pokemon.

I feel like I can write more about this, and I will.

A lot of people have praised the removal of HM's in the game, and while on one point, I understand how they hampered team flexibility and play style, I don't think the replacement was sufficient. The early games worked in a way that was pseudo-metroidvania, in that you'd find HM's that would open up the world to you. Some of them were in random locations, others were given to you by completing tasks, but they always allowed you to go back and explore places earlier in the map that you couldn't before. Of course, the games don't totally fit the metroidvania mold, but what worked about this system was how it allowed you to use your pokemon to interact with the world in meaningful ways.

The rental system in SuMo was decent, especially the parts of it that let you ride pokemon for reasons, but I think it would have worked better if they weren't rentals, but gift pokemon that you could use for the needed tasks whenever you needed them, but also could be put into battle. You would have to find the pokemon by doing a certain thing, or fighting a hard to reach person, or reaching a certain milestone, but they wouldn't be essential to moving forward the plot (or they could, but making them not lets those who enjoy the game casually not feel like they have to get lost in dungeons or caves to do everything). Sun and Moon's rental system was as linearly applied as the routes and story progression and I think there is much room for improvement. Sword and Shield has a rotom bike (to where I am at least) hold the function of at least 1 hm. I think the Rotom Dex and Rotom bike would mean a lot more if we could use rotom in battle as well, though I understand how another gift pokemon so close to the starter could feel a bit off (since rotom in the dex seems to be law at this point).

TLDR: I think Pokemon should be re-integrated into the experience of traversing the world, with the option of using those pokemon in battle as well. I also think the game should be built with much more explorability than SuMo and especially Sword and Shield currently allow, but that it should be optional so that casual players can enjoy the game as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    TLDR: I think Pokemon should be re-integrated into the experience of traversing the world, with the option of using those pokemon in battle as well. I also think the game should be built with much more explorability than SuMo and especially Sword and Shield currently allow, but that it should be optional so that casual players can enjoy the game as they see fit.
    They should copy the monster riding system from Dragon Quest 11 and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    They should copy the monster riding system from Dragon Quest 11 and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3.
    That would also be a better solution and one that most people would freaking love!

I just had a Giganto-Max Butterfree break out of the ball and flee , didn't even know they could do that.

Has anyone here successfully caught a Giganto-Max?
    Last edited by Early; November 16th, 2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Currently playing Pokémon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I just had my entire pokeball collection depleted by a #@$!*% Wobbufett outside of the daycare center. Nothing would hold this guy! Thank goodness I had just beat the first gym and had money to buy new ones but still. I can't recall a time ever having this hard of a time catching a non legendary.

(Zekrom hit me hard, but ended up getting caught in a Premier Ball!)
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Can someone trade me Sobble and Grookey, I've got Rabbits for you, also Ponyta and other Shield exclusives.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

No disagreement that the giving of HMs or things of that sort could be done more "metroidvania" style to inspire more traveling and exploring, since even though it did exist to a very small degree in Gen 7 with strength and surf, it was pretty shallow

But I don't agree with them giving you an outright pokemon that you can use. The whole point of removing HMs for me is that I don't have to use up one of my pokemon's moves, or catch stuff I don't care about just so that I can fly or surf, the whole idea of the HM slave. So I'd be pretty annoyed if they told me I had to use this random rotom I don't care about just because if I don't I wouldn't be able to use things that outright speed up my traversal of the game. And even if you treat it like a seventh pokemon, it would still be a thing in your team that you had absolutely no choice about. I don't like things in pokemon that remove my choice.

Also, while I agree the option of riding or using your own pokemon without using up their moves is far superior, my guess is current gamefreak wouldn't be able to tackle that since it would involve making specific animations and models of something like a riding mechanic for several pokemon, which apparently is only possible in the let's go games? Idk man, I file this one under pokemon following you... somehow too special to make it into the main games again.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Can someone trade me Sobble and Grookey, I've got Rabbits for you, also Ponyta and other Shield exclusives.
    I have a grookey egg for you. Add me at sw-4824-5506-2894

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    No disagreement that the giving of HMs or things of that sort could be done more "metroidvania" style to inspire more traveling and exploring, since even though it did exist to a very small degree in Gen 7 with strength and surf, it was pretty shallow

But I don't agree with them giving you an outright pokemon that you can use. The whole point of removing HMs for me is that I don't have to use up one of my pokemon's moves, or catch stuff I don't care about just so that I can fly or surf, the whole idea of the HM slave. So I'd be pretty annoyed if they told me I had to use this random rotom I don't care about just because if I don't I wouldn't be able to use things that outright speed up my traversal of the game. And even if you treat it like a seventh pokemon, it would still be a thing in your team that you had absolutely no choice about. I don't like things in pokemon that remove my choice.

Also, while I agree the option of riding or using your own pokemon without using up their moves is far superior, my guess is current gamefreak wouldn't be able to tackle that since it would involve making specific animations and models of something like a riding mechanic for several pokemon, which apparently is only possible in the let's go games? Idk man, I file this one under pokemon following you... somehow too special to make it into the main games again.
    I didn't explain it well. My idea was that you COULD use the Pokemon that were rentable, but wouldn't need to in order to get their effect. Thus you could bond with it igneous wanted, but regardless of whether it fought with you, it would feel like a tangible part of your team.

Am I missing something about trades? It seems like there are only 3 options.

1.) Surprise trade to get a random pokémon from someone else.
    2.) Link trade, where you get paired up with another random person and then you both have to hope that the other one wants to give you something you need.
    3.) Link trade with code, where you get paired up with another person who entered the same 4-digit code as you, but you have no way of knowing if your partner is the person you were actually hoping to trade with or just someone else who wanted to use the same code as you.

How are you supposed to get anything done like this?

So, preliminary count of new type combinations:

Not counting things that already existed as megas or legendaries.

Spoiler:

Normal: Still missing poison, bug, rock, steel, ghost and ice. No new combinations
    Fighting: Still missing: ground, electric and fairy.
    Poison: New combinations!: Poison/Fairy and Poison/Electric, still missing: steel, psychic and ice
    Ground: Still missing fairy.
    Rock: Still missing ghost.
    Bug: New ones!: Bug/Ice and Bug/Psychic. Still missing dragon and dark
    Fire: New! With Ice!. Still missing fairy and grass.
    Electric: New with Electric/Dark.
    Dark: New with Dark/Fairy

To sum it up: 18 total, down from 25?
    Normal: Poison - Bug - Rock - Steel - Ghost - Ice

Poison: (normal) - Steel - Psychic - Ice

Figthing: Ground - Electric - Fairy
    Bug: (nomal) - Dragon - Dark
    Fairy: (Fighting) - (Ground) - (Fire)

Ground: (Fighting) - Fairy
    Rock: (normal) - Ghost
    Fire: Grass - Fairy
    Steel: (Normal) - (Poison)
    Ghost: (normal) - (rock)
    Ice: (normal) - (poison)

Electric: (Fighting)
    Psychic: (Poison)
    Dragon: (Bug)
    Dark: (Bug)
    Grass: (Fire)

Water: -
    Flying: -

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The lack of the GTS will hurt my desire to fully explore this game.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I've always wanted to see a Fire/Grass type based off a chili pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I have a grookey egg for you. Add me at sw-4824-5506-2894
    Sorry I had to leave for a while are you still here? how does this actually work, I see it asking for a code ingame, no friend list...Edit: I guess I just need to type a code and you type the same I did.

I've sent you the switch friend request. I don't need Sobble or the Ponyta anymore if someone offers(I got them from random trades).
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; November 16th, 2019 at 09:55 PM.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Yamper is love, Yamper is life.

That is all.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Sorry I had to leave for a while are you still here? how does this actually work, I see it asking for a code ingame, no friend list...Edit: I guess I just need to type a code and you type the same I did.

I've sent you the switch friend request. I don't need Sobble or the Ponyta anymore if someone offers(I got them from random trades).
    Sorry, I was asleep by the time you sent this. I'll be back on sometime around 2:30-4, and then again for a while after 6. And it looks like putting in the Link Code is the only thing necessary. It's not a great system for trading right now.

I am happy with the pokemon center guy who handles moves. Luvdisc can be finally forgotten.

BTW, how do I get the other abominations of science? Trade only?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    BTW, how do I get the other abominations of science? Trade only?
    The digging duo in the wild area near the nursery can dig up all the fossil parts.
    Last edited by Early; November 17th, 2019 at 06:08 AM.

Opal is exactly what I expected Spritzee to evolve into. Which kind of makes me more pissed is still doesn't have a better evolution option than the abomination that is aromatisse.

I'm kind of addicted to this game so far. My team is shit coverage, but I love all of them... the new mons have such outstanding designs in general it's been making it brutal to decide what to run and when.

The fire centipede and the psychic ladybug are so previously wicked. And iteleon’s attack animation is the best, I am glad that I didn’t managed to get that dewpider and benched him in his emo/water balloon phase.

I am unnerved by the impdipm line. Morelul as creepy as always. Surprising stand out is Toxel’s evolution. Toxel did crap damage but his evolution has been pretty solid.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Caved and bought the game, Shield, playing it with my wife, who has NOT played many of the games, so even old things are new to her.

We went with meme Scottish girl trainer, and named her "Gary Oak." The MF is silent.

Really, REEEEALLY not a fan of the built in exp share power leveling everything. Gonna end up needing to rotate 4 teams to keep that in check if there's any exploring or catching done at all. Its a fine system for when you're trying to catch one thing up, but early on when you want to get a feel for its strengths and weaknesses and really use its moveset and you want to actually try your whole team, its just award to have 5 things in the background developing without you paying any attention to them. It's fine for RPGs like Suikoden where every character is identical aside from exactly one magical quirk, but less so in a thing like this.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information