Gen 3 – 69.6% Cut
    Gen 4 – 64.5% Cut
    Gen 5 – 44.9% Cut
    Gen 6 – 55.5% Cut
    Gen 7 – 58.1% Cut
    Gen ? - 100% Cut

OVERALL – 60.6% Cut

Wasn't sure which Generation to count Meltan

Gen 3 was hit the hardest, Gen 5 the least amount of cuts; Surprised at the number of Gen 1 Pokemon missing.

This doesn't include megas and alt forms
    Mythicals aren't available yet so we won't know if Meltan was cut until the datamine.

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

I hope Charizard didn't get the cut.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

..uuhh.. it didn't? Its been in trailers since the beginning.

I always focus on using gen exclusive mons tdo not having my favorites from precious gens doesn't bother me in the least bit. (I did hope for a Galarian Chinchou to hopefully fix the abomination design that is Lanturn)
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Universing Misunderstandal

Spoiler:
    Honestly, I think the fossil Frankenstein's Pokemonsters is a fun idea.
    Seeing what they gave us, it would've worked better if the fossils started as smol' little mismatched abominations unto Arceus, but evolved into a second stage that bridged the fusion and looked like a fully functioning living creature.

Instead we get these mismatches where two of them look like they almost worked out well for the mons (Dracozolt and Arctovish), with their two ghoulish, half-baked relatives looking like they were made to suffer (Arctozolt and Dracovish).

Edit: Looking at better pictures, they're all suffering, and I really wish we had the other half of Dracozolt's body. Doesn't look quite like a Kentrosaurus with how the legs are, but it makes me wish we were getting a Kentrosaurus Pokemon.
    Last edited by F13rC Pulse; November 4th, 2019 at 11:10 AM.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

I’m in the opposite boat where I don’t care that much about the old stuff, and the new stuff looks so great that I can’t wait to be playing this game.

Particularly compared to something like gen 6, the new Pokémon feel like top tier material this generation. Hopefully we don’t get the same thing as alola where 90% of the new Pokémon were slow.

It's a little sad to get so much cut, but c'mon, it's still 400 pokemon. That's plenty enough where I still have plenty of pokemon I like even if I lost some.

Quote Originally Posted by F13rC Pulse View Post
    Spoiler:
    Honestly, I think the fossil Frankenstein's Pokemonsters is a fun idea.
    Seeing what they gave us, it would've worked better if the fossils started as smol' little mismatched abominations unto Arceus, but evolved into a second stage that bridged the fusion and looked like a fully functioning living creature.

Instead we get these mismatches where two of them look like they almost worked out well for the mons (Dracozolt and Arctovish), with their two ghoulish, half-baked relatives looking like they were made to suffer (Arctozolt and Dracovish).

Edit: Looking at better pictures, they're all suffering, and I really wish we had the other half of Dracozolt's body. Doesn't look quite like a Kentrosaurus with how the legs are, but it makes me wish we were getting a Kentrosaurus Pokemon.
    Spoiler:
    I really like the joke with the fossil. The Zolt ones are weird enough with that upper body ridiculously small in comparison to the lower body, but the Vish ones are just hilarious (one has the head connected to tip of the tail instead of the mid section and the other has the head turned upside down in endless suffering).

My problem with them, though is this:

GF: Hey, we got 4 new fossils for you.
    Player: FOUR??? OMG! Let me see them.
    GF: Here they are.
    Player: LOLOLOLOLOL WTF ARE THOSE LMAO SO WEIRD
    GF: I know right!? Those are not the real fossil pokémon! They are just a bunch of hybrid failures made of their wrong parts combined.
    Player: Oh, GF, you! I loved that. Ok, now show me the real ones.
    GF: ... I'm sorry?
    Player: The real fossil pokémon. Show them.
    GF: Oh... they are not in the game.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 4th, 2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It's a little sad to get so much cut, but c'mon, it's still 400 pokemon. That's plenty enough where I still have plenty of pokemon I like even if I lost some.
    It would be a lot less sad if we got something in return to balance the loss.

Sword and Shield has the second smallest number of new Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    It would be a lot less sad if we got something in return to balance the loss.

Sword and Shield has the second smallest number of new Pokemon.
    Or if we had a pretty sizable main or post game in comparison to other generations. I was really holding out hope for as much, but the leaks suggest the game length is on par.

Third smallest, to be honest. Alola ended up with 88 but that was only after the new entries from USUM and Meltan/Melmetal, originally it only had 81 and SwSh already matches that without any mythical being accounted for.

Third version will probably add more pokémon as well just like USUM...
    Spoiler:
    if they provide the other fossil halves, that alone should give us new 12 entries without barely any extra creative effort being required - since the "real" 4 pokémon designs are most likely already finished.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Third smallest, to be honest. Alola ended up with 88 but that was only after the new entries from USUM and Meltan/Melmetal, originally it only had 81 and SwSh already matches that without any mythical being accounted for.

Third version will probably add more pokémon as well just like USUM...
    Spoiler:
    if they provide the other fossil halves, that alone should give us new 12 entries without barely any extra creative effort being required - since the "real" 4 pokémon designs are most likely already finished.
    I don't really like the trend of adding new mons in the third versions.

Spoiler:
    I haven't seen these fossils, but I hope they don't. Because... that's kind of scummy, right? It's one thing to create new pokemon in the time frame between one set of games and the others, but to save pokemon specifically for the upgraded versions feels like the kind of practices other studios get dragged for pretty regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't really like the trend of adding new mons in the third versions.

Spoiler:
    I haven't seen these fossils, but I hope they don't. Because... that's kind of scummy, right? It's one thing to create new pokemon in the time frame between one set of games and the others, but to save pokemon specifically for the upgraded versions feels like the kind of practices other studios get dragged for pretty regularly.
    Spoiler:
    "Kind of" scummy!? I mean, I could be wrong and they just don't plan on ever showing the original pokémon, just those hybrids we got here - we know Chekhov's Gun is not really an element on GF's book -,but I doubt that. And that's the part the annoys me the most in this, the impression they purposefully saved those for the third version.
    Adding pokémon on the third version (I doubt they will stop doing it now after USUM set the precedent) is a very easy way to attract people to what is technically just the exact same game they released on the previous year but with one or two added features. The dex cut will also help them capitalize a lot on the expanding regional dex that comes with those versions because now it actually matters.
    If I could see them now holding back new pokémon from the first versions after USUM happened, the dexit may even make them hold back popular pokémon for the third versions. Combine those and imagine if they actually save a new eeveelution for Giga Sword/Giga Shield... it would probably be as successful as scummy.

Spoiler:
    I could see it going either way, since on the subject of halved mons, we never saw the complete original dragon Kyurem.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Spoiler:
    "Kind of" scummy!? I mean, I could be wrong and they just don't plan on ever showing the original pokémon, just those hybrids we got here - we know Chekhov's Gun is not really an element on GF's book -,but I doubt that. And that's the part the annoys me the most in this, the impression they purposefully saved those for the third version.
    Adding pokémon on the third version (I doubt they will stop doing it now after USUM set the precedent) is a very easy way to attract people to what is technically just the exact same game they released on the previous year but with one or two added features. The dex cut will also help them capitalize a lot on the expanding regional dex that comes with those versions because now it actually matters.
    If I could see them now holding back new pokémon from the first versions after USUM happened, the dexit may even make them hold back popular pokémon for the third versions. Combine those and imagine if they actually save a new eeveelution for Giga Sword/Giga Shield... it would probably be as successful as scummy.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, if they do it, I'll feel that it's scummy all the way. Like, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on Poipole, Naganadel, and the furry electric guy, but this would be egregious and clearly pre-planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Spoiler:
    I could see it going either way, since on the subject of halved mons, we never saw the complete original dragon Kyurem.
    Spoiler:
    That's a good point, as well as a shame. What hurts the most is that none of the fan art is very satisfying for the original dragon either. It's something I looked up a few weeks ago, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    I hope Charizard didn't get the cut.
    It has a Dynamax form, it's in.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

I was actually reconsidering but a 60٪ cut of pokemon and a ton of my old favorites pushed me right back into no territory.

That's way to much. Combined that with the high likely chance of them releasing something at $60 within in the next year or two. Nope.

I'm confused, I heard nintendo put there B team on the new pokemon game, if that's true what is there A team working on

Little Town Hero, though I don't think the A and B team wording was supposed to be all that literal.

Come on guys, where is your sense of adventure? A new region with a new story, new characters and new pokemon, isn't that the point of each new game? If you want to play the old games with the old pokémon again and again, those games still exist. But the new games are about moving forward and experiencing something new. Have you all forgotten that?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information