+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 934: Hyogoro the Flower

Default Re: Chapter 934: Hyogoro the Flower

I'll laugh if Queen has access to poison, and tries to use it on Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu Shabby View Post
    I have a feeling that, for reasons I can't guess yet, Luffy made Kid escape with Raizo and chose to stay.
    That wouldn't really make sense when Luffy/Raizou have no obligation to specifically save Kid outside of a scenario where they happen to work together to break out at the same time. Luffy likely stayed behind simply due to waiting for Raizou to get the key for his handcuffs like he told him he'd do, and maybe a little because of his sympathy for Old Man Hyou as well.

Queen is just oozing Mad Max/Fist of the North Star even more in this chapter.

Also, I wonder if grandpa Hyo's had a bit more hair that went around his head and formed his beard, like a sunflower, when he was younger.
    Last edited by andre; February 25th, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

I love Big Mom hairstyle and attitude. She might already be my favorite disguised character despite how silly the amnesia plot is. She is so delightfully honest. also it seems we are going for a queen vs queen confrontation.

Design of Kaido's crew continue to be meh to me. And the plot there was a rinse and repeat of the hippo plot. But I do love that panel of Luffy jumping into the fight. I wonder where Killer is? Will Kidd find him or is he on another island?

Sanji was kind of funny if I don't overthink it and that's progress

A really enjoyable chapter this week.

I can't wait to see Luffy and Olin meet. I'm not sure Luffy can understand she suffer from amnesia and he will want to fight her.
    Or maybe the shock to see the guy who humiliate her will bring nack her memory.
    Or nothing like that, Luffy will like Olin which is such a sweet grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I can't wait to see Luffy and Olin meet. I'm not sure Luffy can understand she suffer from amnesia and he will want to fight her.
    I'm mstly interested in the meeting with Zeus. Napoleon went catatonic but he seems fine. So I wonder how he feel about using his mom or if maybe their link will jumpstart her memory.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I'm mstly interested in the meeting with Zeus. Napoleon went catatonic but he seems fine. So I wonder how he feel about using his mom or if maybe their link will jumpstart her memory.
    I think Napoleon being cataconic may be a trap. We know Zeus didn't lose his memory and Chopper remark in this chapter hints that Oda is ploting something.

The first option is the best... with BM remembering who she is from the big blow she gets from Luffy. Glorious!!!
    Last edited by Ukimix; February 26th, 2019 at 06:18 AM.

Luffy's special Color of observation ability is that he can sense the intent of people. So he won't attack Olin because she won't have bad intentions towards him.

I am actually pretty interested to see if Oda will continue expanding on the different facets that Haki can take. For example we know Ussop, Fujitora and Dogtooth have distinictly unique Observation haki.

However, so far Luffy is the only character who has used Armament creatively with the different variants of gear 4. Everyone else just uniformly coats parts of their body or weapons.I wish we'll see more people use it creatively like he does.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    While Viz is translating fewer Japanese words than ever before, here we have Oda having a blast writing a character's name in English

https://i.imgur.com/xKHrego.jpg?1
    Didn't notice it before but does Queen's Jolly Roger on the flag kind of look like an insect face to anyone else? Antenna, a couple eyes, the tail of the Q looking like a proboscis. Maybe he'll be the Mothra to King's Rodan.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotato View Post
    Didn't notice it before but does Queen's Jolly Roger on the flag kind of look like an insect face to anyone else? Antenna, a couple eyes, the tail of the Q looking like a proboscis. Maybe he'll be the Mothra to King's Rodan.
    Didn't know the subordinates have jolly rogers. ... Maybe Queen gives some special love to his minions

I think Napoleon being cataconic may be a trap. We know Zeus didn't lose his memory and Chopper remark in this chapter hints that Oda is ploting something.
    Napoleon seems the biggest and most vocal supporter of Big Mom so I have a hard time believing in him doing a wait and see.

Just noticed we haven't seen Apoo yet for this whole arc. Wonder when he is coming into play

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Now that we have Wano's map with those Regions, I gotta say: if you look at the sheer shape of the Island and the regions dividing it, it LOOKS a lot like Australia and its regions (if you exclude Onigashima). Well, unless Onigashima Counts as Tasmania.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Now that we have Wano's map with those Regions, I gotta say: if you look at the sheer shape of the Island and the regions dividing it, it LOOKS a lot like Australia and its regions (if you exclude Onigashima). Well, unless Onigashima Counts as Tasmania.
    Onigashima is definitely Tasmina. What we're truly missing is Queensland.

And to truly complete the Australia effect, you'd also need wildly varied weather, enormous mines blighting the natural landscape and a government suspiciously over-dedicated to keeping the boarders closed... oh wait.

Queen looks like something out of Mad Max. And the native people are oppressed by outsider criminals. Jack is clearly named after Kangaroo Jack. And there are other dangerous beasts running around everywhere...

Gonna continue reading the rest of the arc with all the Wano locals speaking in aussie accents now. Except Sheepshead, he gets a New Zealander accent.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

I ll be honest, the only thing bothering me in this arc is Big Mom's amnesia presence...

Her being here is ok, but her being here with amnesia I severely dislike, convinient some would say...
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Didn't know the subordinates have jolly rogers. ... Maybe Queen gives some special love to his minions
    Hehe, well.. poor choice of words I guess, but the Q flag thingy. I mean being real it's probably nothing, I just hope for him to have a more interesting fruit than the obvious stegosaurus/ankylosaurus options and a giant bug would be cool. lol

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Onigashima is definitely Tasmina. What we're truly missing is Queensland.

And to truly complete the Australia effect, you'd also need wildly varied weather, enormous mines blighting the natural landscape and a government suspiciously over-dedicated to keeping the boarders closed... oh wait.
    If only Udon was where Queensland is, this question would be easily answered (Queen's Land = Udon).
    What really made me realize it is that western australia covers the same Region as Kuri. And the rough shape of Australia.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Seems like Queen's Jolly Roger wears lip stick just like Queen himself. The stuff in the Background of the Jolly Roger might indicate mechanical stuff like power/current lines.
    EDIT: I'd love if Queen relied on mechanical stuff. Scotch'd make a lot more sense in beast pirate Crew.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; February 27th, 2019 at 07:23 AM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

I always thought a mechanist/engineer with an ape zoan would be a good idea.

Roronoa Hygoro 😂

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information