Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vic Mignogna Situation

Default Re: The Vic Mignogna Situation

You mean, his preparing to take legal action, because he actually hasn't bought anything court yet. Vic's been a known dick for over a decade, not just by your one or two voice actors, but by a lot of con-goers, cosplayers and con staff who all note his kind of a dick. Also, similar claims being made against Vic by several parties is more a strengthening factor in the case against him the it is against them, not that this is actually going to be guilty or not-guilty case anyway, since at most, his going to take it as a civil matter, where he will be the plaintiff and he'll be the one who needs to prove that all allegations against him were unfounded and that he should recieve damages.

Also, I think its a pretty big indicator of character, when even his fiance has dumped him over this, and that no one who really knows Vic personally in the industry has come out to defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Stop listening to shit heads
    Why don't you contribute something useful to this conversation other than your juvenile responses?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    You mean, his preparing to take legal action, because he actually hasn't bought anything court yet.
    It's already in process. I've seen live discussions on Youtube with his lawyer. Papers have already been sent out to various people. But the legal process takes time. It's a step by step process.

where he will be the plaintiff and he'll be the one who needs to prove that all allegations against him were unfounded and that he should recieve damages.
    That's a common misconception I've seen thrown in this forum. It is NOT entirely up to the accused to provide evidence in the court of law. The burden of proof falls equally on both parties, and the accusing party must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the allegations are true. And must be able to tell their stories in front of a judge under legal oath, the entire truth. And if that truth is inconsistent to what has been said before, they could face legal repercussions for false accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Why don't you contribute something useful to this conversation other than your juvenile responses?

It's already in process. I've seen live discussions on Youtube with his lawyer. Papers have already been sent out to various people. But the legal process takes time. It's a step by step process.

That's a common misconception I've seen thrown in this forum. It is NOT entirely up to the accused to provide evidence in the court of law. The burden of proof falls equally on both parties, and the accusing party must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the allegations are true. And must be able to tell their stories in front of a judge under legal oath, the entire truth. And if that truth is inconsistent to what has been said before, they could face legal repercussions for false accusations.
    Its in a civil court, so there is going to be no "proving beyond a reasonable doubt". Its on the balance of probabilities, anyway, I would find it really unlikely the judge would toss out the testimony of dozens of other people(hell, Vic even admitted some of those events actually did happen, he just denied they non-consensual). Anyway, I would find it very hard for Vic to somehow win, even on the balance of probabilities that it was under a false pretext that he was fired for being a sexual harasser, because well, even if you take to the events that he admitted to at face value, doubt even include the shit ton of other testimony, than I could certainly see that making a strong case in of itself...

The lawsuit i atleast get the rationale for. Dude can't come back from Harvey Weinsteining and wants to cash out what he can, and the US system allows for an easy way to possibly try to scounge out some cash for his shattered career. I assume that he's got some pro bono lawyer who won't be eating up any eventual gains. The bullying of the cons to have him i still don't get at all, why on earth would you want to go to a place where everyone knows what you did and judge you for it. Is the convention racket really that much of a moneymaker for him?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The lawsuit i atleast get the rationale for. Dude can't come back from Harvey Weinsteining and wants to cash out what he can, and the US system allows for an easy way to possibly try to scounge out some cash for his shattered career. I assume that he's got some pro bono lawyer who won't be eating up any eventual gains. The bullying of the cons to have him i still don't get at all, why on earth would you want to go to a place where everyone knows what you did and judge you for it. Is the convention racket really that much of a moneymaker for him?
    He really believes that his fans can magically secure him a comeback. That's why.

You guys don't get it. Vic never admitted to any of these allegations. His "apology" was at best an, "I'm sorry if I unknowingly caused discomfort and I want to try to talk this out," and of course the KickVic asshats wouldn't have any of it because they won't be satisfied until a man is dead in the ground because he allegedly flirted with some women and they "found it uncomfortable" and that is somehow suddenly full blown sexual harassment.

The rationale of the lawsuit is to target several individuals who have smeared his name and intentionally brainwashed people like yourselves into believing he's some kind of monster based off of hearsay and lies through Twitter. I see a lot of talk about "Vic's fans" but that is essentially what these individuals have done with all of you. It's mob mentality with no logic behind it other than "Believe all women because they are brave for putting themselves out there through the protection of their computer screens" and "his coworkers and my friend's friend's third cousin says he's an asshole so it must be true". Some of you seem to be under the impression that the lawsuit is a joke, but make no mistake, Vic's lawyer knows what he's doing. Him and his team already have several deleted tweets and various other bits of information against these people. Even if the judge takes the accusations into account, the way the KickVic side has conducted themselves through this entire ordeal is going to be their downfall.

Is the convention racket really that much of a moneymaker for him?
    Do you understand how conventions work? That's pretty much a huge source of a voice actor's income. And you're not talking one, but more than 10 or so conventions that have let him go.

For big names, conventions can certainly be huge money. I will be curious to see whether they continue to be for Vic.

You guys don't get it. Vic never admitted to any of these allegations. His "apology" was at best an, "I'm sorry if I unknowingly caused discomfort and I want to try to talk this out," and of course the KickVic asshats wouldn't have any of it because they won't be satisfied until a man is dead in the ground because he allegedly flirted with some women and they "found it uncomfortable" and that is somehow suddenly full blown sexual harassment.

The rationale of the lawsuit is to target several individuals who have smeared his name and intentionally brainwashed people like yourselves into believing he's some kind of monster based off of hearsay and lies through Twitter. I see a lot of talk about "Vic's fans" but that is essentially what these individuals have done with all of you. It's mob mentality with no logic behind it other than "Believe all women because they are brave for putting themselves out there through the protection of their computer screens" and "his coworkers and my friend's friend's third cousin says he's an asshole so it must be true". Some of you seem to be under the impression that the lawsuit is a joke, but make no mistake, Vic's lawyer knows what he's doing. Him and his team already have several deleted tweets and various other bits of information against these people. Even if the judge takes the accusations into account, the way the KickVic side has conducted themselves through this entire ordeal is going to be their downfall.

Do you understand how conventions work? That's pretty much a huge source of a voice actor's income. And you're not talking one, but more than 10 or so conventions that have let him go.
    Let's not stoop to calling each other brainwashed.
    By now most people understand that there isn't going to be a smoking gun, and either choose to believe the multiple accusers because of their sheer number and the close relationship some of them had with the accused, or the accused because of the lack of physical evidence.

Who you choose to believe is your choice, and that's fine... but if we just yell at each other then all empathy shuts off and there's no chance of anyone learning anything.

Nobody's brainwashed, they just disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Let's not stoop to calling each other brainwashed.
    By now most people understand that there isn't going to be a smoking gun, and either choose to believe the multiple accusers because of their sheer number and the close relationship some of them had with the accused, or the accused because of the lack of physical evidence.

Who you choose to believe is your choice, and that's fine... but if we just yell at each other then all empathy shuts off and there's no chance of anyone learning anything.

Nobody's brainwashed, they just disagree with you.
    This is a great point, especially now, especially today. It seems very easy to demonize, however slightly those demons may be. Our culture is transitioning in many ways and I think civility among those not involved can go a long ways toward helping ease that transition. There's a chance I'm completely wrong, though.

Let me rephrase that, can it really be such a goldmine for a guy in his situation? Like i get that under normal circumstances a known face can rake in the cash. But does that also ring true for a guy who was just declared unwanted for sex offenses and then strongarmed his way back into attendance through a technicallity in his contract. It feels a bit like if Bill Cosby went to a convention right now expecting people to still want to buy pictures with him.

Except Bill Cosby was actually proven guilty in a court of law. Vic was not.

But yes the masses will still stick to the narrative regardless and that is the point of him taking up arms.

Can you post any proof as to how these VAs or the KickVic side have acted that will be their "downfall". Because conveniently you can't provide any physical proof, just second hand accounts from what I'm guessing are Vic fans on Youtube or Twitter taking what people have said out of context to try and provide a smoking gun to prove they are liars, but end up with egg on their faces. Such as the drunk, alt-right, black face guy who set up his legal fund in the first place.

Also the reason Vic himself hasn't done any of the stuff you've accused other VAs and their supporters of doing, is because he knows he has fans that will do it for him, he can just sit on sidelines and claim plausible deniability if any of them step to far out of line. In the same manner of, and this is just an example, William Luther Pierce (who wrote the Turner Diaries). He knew his audience well enough to know that they would carry out violent hate crimes or terrorism, with the rhetoric in his books and then say "I'm not responsible for that, despite my books containing fictional accounts of race wars and calls for violence against those I describe as race traitors".

Also the reason why Vic can't be brought up on sexual assault charges, is because unfortunately there are statute of limitations on sex crimes in all fifty states of the US. Here is an actual chart (i.e. proof) that explains all of this:

https://victimsofcrime.org/docs/DNA%...nal---copy.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Can you post any proof as to how these VAs or the KickVic side have acted that will be their "downfall". Because conveniently you can't provide any physical proof, just second hand accounts from what I'm guessing are Vic fans on Youtube or Twitter taking what people have said out of context to try and provide a smoking gun to prove they are liars, but end up with egg on their faces. Such as the drunk, alt-right, black face guy who set up his legal fund in the first place.
    Wow. Just wow.

You are willing to blindly follow the group taking a man's career down based off of hearsay with no tangible evidence and yet you sit here and criticize the opposite side also going off of hearsay. That is hypocrisy at its finest. Besides that, the evidence is in the voice actors' Twitter pages and I don't have to present it all to you in a nice package if you are too lazy to go look it up yourself. "Listen and believe," is the motto you stand by, right? So why do you pick and choose who you "listen and believe"?

Also you calling Nick Rikeita "black face" and "drunk" only shows me you're another one of his haters and probably just following the narrative spun by Jessie Marchie and some of these other morons on Twitter. The whole "black face" thing was a joke done between him and his friend, who is a black man and totally consensual to it who was even on one of his live streams to confirm this, and yet people continue to try and point to that. Also ignoring the fact that Jessie Marchie herself also did black face which was exposed and yet conveniently ignored.

Also not sure where you come off saying, "ending up with egg in their face" because it's the KickVic side who has been repeatedly exposed and looking like fools in all of this.

I was going to post you the tweets of Amande Lee, as one example, encouraging someone to commit suicide, but of course she conveniently blocked her page now. The tweets have been archived of course by various Youtubers but I don't have them myself.

Also the reason Vic himself hasn't done any of the stuff you've accused other VAs and their supporters of doing, is because he knows he has fans that will do it for him, he can just sit on sidelines and claim plausible deniability if any of them step to far out of line. In the same manner of, and this is just an example, William Luther Pierce (who wrote the Turner Diaries). He knew his audience well enough to know that they would carry out violent hate crimes or terrorism, with the rhetoric in his books and then say "I'm not responsible for that, despite my books containing fictional accounts of race wars and calls for violence against those I describe as race traitors".
    This is just a load of bullshit and baseless attempt for you to further ruin this man's reputation. Assumptions, painting a false narrative based on your own perceptions without a shred of evidence to back up what you are saying. Just, "I think he's an asshole so of course he is doing something like this because I say so." That is morally wrong and not something that should be celebrated. If you don't personally know the guy, you have no right to make assumptions about his character in the first place.

But yes the masses will still stick to the narrative regardless and that is the point of him taking up arms.
    People were saying this about Cosby until the bitter end. Sure he has a decades-long list of unconnected accusers who have come out with similar stories about his awful behavior, but you sheeple don't have PROOF. Like what even is proof to you, dude?

Do you really care all that much about proof? If you saw some headline reading "Florida Man Banned From Convention After Decade of Complaints About Sexual Harassment," would you bat an eye? Would you take up arms in the name of the Florida Man and fight for his justice? Would you even think he deserved justice in the first place? Maybe you'd snark in your head something like "pfft, haha Florida Man stay trashy!" Is this about the evidence, or is this about the person?

Vic's done a lot of work many of us have enjoyed. It always hurts to find out that a person that we respect in some way is capable of doing bad things. For a lot of people, that respect will buy a lot more credibility for that person than they'd ever give to Florida Man, but a person's talent and influence has nothing to do with their personal morality. The famous don't deserve any more chances than the layman. If anything, they require more critical examination, since their influence and reach gives them the capacity to do more harm when unchecked. That's how Vic and Cosby were able to go unchecked for as long as they did. Even if every accuser of Vic's was in on some massive defamation conspiracy, even a year of consistent complaints would require some amount of investigation. And even if you believe that in that time no judgement should be made either way, that is when it is most important to check your admiration and limit such a figure's influence when it has not yet been determined how toxic it might be.

Maybe this really is a matter of proof to you and maybe you really would give the Florida Man the benefit of the doubt. I'm not trying to make a judgement here so much as pleading for you to look inside and ask yourself if this about the evidence or the man accused and your relationship with his work. Kill your idols, son.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

You cannot make comparisons between Cosby and Mignona unless there is actual evidence brought forth, period.

To be clear as well, I was never much of a fan of Vic before any of this began. I'm actually more of a fan now after this has happened. So initially coming in I had a neutral stance, but that quickly changed when one side pushed things too far and acted like clowns.

There are too many inconsistencies with the case, and too much damage done that goes against justice. That's the problem. Until there is actual evidence in a court of law he is not guilty of any crimes. The numbers of "victims" changes on a daily basis with these people. One day it's "over 30", one day it's "hundreds of woman", one day it's "many woman AND girls". None of it holds any weight as far as I'm concerned.

Proof is not word of mouth. If so many cases supposedly exist, despite how you guys want to spin it as, "None of the victims came forward because of fear of harassment," I'm sorry, but out of ALL these allegations, SOMEONE would have spoken to police. SOMEONE would have filed a written report of some kind. Not EVERY SINGLE woman is going to be afraid to speak up. Every person is different, and you can't expect me to believe that every single one of these people were silent about this for 10-20 YEARS, and not only that but FUNimation and Rooster Tooth knew about this but kept it under the rug until it would have negative effects on them.

If an actual police report of any kind is presented as actual tangible evidence, then and only then will I be willing to look at things from another angle. And certainly not with the way the supposed victims and their fanboys have conducted themselves would I back them and just believe blindly. I get some people are stuck in their views and so be it, but I'm not willing to support this new generation's mindset of "Guilty until proven innocent". Nothing I say will change anything, but though my opinion is of the minority in this forum, believe me when I say many others out there feel the same. I suppose the results will speak for itself when all is said and done.

Wow. Just wow.

You are willing to blindly follow the group taking a man's career down based off of hearsay with no tangible evidence and yet you sit here and criticize the opposite side also going off of hearsay. That is hypocrisy at its finest. Besides that, the evidence is in the voice actors' Twitter pages and I don't have to present it all to you in a nice package if you are too lazy to go look it up yourself. "Listen and believe," is the motto you stand by, right? So why do you pick and choose who you "listen and believe"?

Also you calling Nick Rikeita "black face" and "drunk" only shows me you're another one of his haters and probably just following the narrative spun by Jessie Marchie and some of these other morons on Twitter. The whole "black face" thing was a joke done between him and his friend, who is a black man and totally consensual to it who was even on one of his live streams to confirm this, and yet people continue to try and point to that. Also ignoring the fact that Jessie Marchie herself also did black face which was exposed and yet conveniently ignored.

Also not sure where you come off saying, "ending up with egg in their face" because it's the KickVic side who has been repeatedly exposed and looking like fools in all of this.

I was going to post you the tweets of Amande Lee, as one example, encouraging someone to commit suicide, but of course she conveniently blocked her page now. The tweets have been archived of course by various Youtubers but I don't have them myself.

This is just a load of bullshit and baseless attempt for you to further ruin this man's reputation. Assumptions, painting a false narrative based on your own perceptions without a shred of evidence to back up what you are saying. Just, "I think he's an asshole so of course he is doing something like this because I say so." That is morally wrong and not something that should be celebrated. If you don't personally know the guy, you have no right to make assumptions about his character in the first place.
    "I was going to post you the tweets of Amande Lee, as one example, encouraging someone to commit suicide, but of course she conveniently blocked her page now. The tweets have been archived of course by various Youtubers but I don't have them myself."

This sounds like a long of saying I'm not going to provide proof.

Also I found the tweets in question in which she "encourages someone to commit suicide"

Spoiler:

Sounds like she's encouraging him to continue living rather than committing suicide, but what should I expect. Once again taken out of context. By the way she posted these images on her own Twitter page, so no it wasn't conveniently blocked.

As to hating on Nick Rekieta, the guy regularly defends individuals associated with Gamergate, Comicsgate, and the Alt-Right. And defended 3D gun printer Cody Wilson, who sexually assaulted a minor and attempted to flee to Taiwan to escape the charges (and he's defending Vic, I'm beginning to see a pattern here). So yeah it's pretty easy to see why most people see the guy as a washed up drunk and low rent version of Saul Goodman.

Um no, I'm sorry, you completely ignore the first message there, a second message in between where she REPEATS the first message, and then suddenly backpedals once she started receiving criticism. You're the one taking it out of context and trying to damage control.

As for your comment on Nick, it's clear you just have a set view of him and choose to view him in that light. Which is your right to do but I don't have to take your opinion seriously either. Because it's just that, an opinion. As is throwing around terms and labels like "alt-right" which is a pattern I see from your side quite frequently.

Wait so this dudes lawyer does blackface to play pranks on his black friends?

Like even assuming that to be true it still sounds like horrible judgement on his part.

It's not my place to comment on the blackface thing one way or another. The point I was making is that for a voice actor to smudge his name based on something he did outside of his office (in other words not in a work-related environment or involved with a client) with a black friend who was entirely consensual with it and was a part of the joke in the first place when she herself did a much worse black face and posted it on Twitter, is entirely hypocritical and does nothing for either side. And for other people to jump on that one incident and act like that somehow discredits his career as a lawyer even if you believe it was in poor taste is ridiculous.

And NO, Nick is NOT Vic Mingona's lawyer, which is yet another bit of misinformation guys like this are spreading around. Nick Rekeita is nothing more than the guy who funded the GoFundMe for Vic who happens to be a lawyer himself stationed in Minnesota I believe. The lawyer for Vic is a man named Ty Beard stationed in Texas, and has quite a positive reputation behind his office.

It's not my place to comment on the blackface thing one way or another. The point I was making is that for a voice actor to smudge his name based on something he did outside of his office (in other words not in a work-related environment or involved with a client) with a black friend who was entirely consensual with it and was a part of the joke in the first place when she herself did a much worse black face and posted it on Twitter, is entirely hypocritical and does nothing for either side. And for other people to jump on that one incident and act like that somehow discredits his career as a lawyer even if you believe it was in poor taste is ridiculous.

And NO, Nick is NOT Vic Mingona's lawyer, which is yet another bit of misinformation guys like this are spreading around. Nick Rekeita is nothing more than the guy who funded the GoFundMe for Vic who happens to be a lawyer himself stationed in Minnesota I believe. The lawyer for Vic is a man named Ty Beard stationed in Texas, and has quite a positive reputation behind his office.
    Doesn't discredit his career as a loyal, but I question his judgment. It'd be like if I told a friend they could say the N-word for some occasion that was recorded, they did so, and the internet reacted poorly. Them proclaiming that I, a black person, told them they can do it doesn't matter much to the people who do.

Closed Thread

Thread Information