Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vic Mignogna Situation

Default Re: The Vic Mignogna Situation

Quote Originally Posted by LucciCP9 View Post
    This is good news for the con. All the people pulling out don't have the same draw as Vic. The people have spoken and the outpour of support has shows that more people vastly support Vic. Also don't forget that one of these main accusers lied about getting swatted just weeks after the accusations came out.
    I doubt the reason he was re-invited was due to his perceived popularity or support by his fans, it was likely due to his lawyer pressuring them to re-invite him under the threat of a lawsuit. Also just because someone made a mistake, it doesn't invalidate her or anyone else's claim of Vic's disturbing behavior.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Texas police present at the con are there just to make sure that Vic doesn't creep on his female fans or voice actors who haven't backed out yet. Much in the same way that Roy Moore had a to have a police officer assigned to him in the 80's to keep him from creeping on underage girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    I doubt the reason he was re-invited was due to his perceived popularity or support by his fans, it was likely due to his lawyer pressuring them to re-invite him under the threat of a lawsuit. Also just because someone made a mistake, it doesn't invalidate her or anyone else's claim of Vic's disturbing behavior.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Texas police present at the con are there just to make sure that Vic doesn't creep on his female fans or voice actors who haven't backed out yet. Much in the same way that Roy Moore had a to have a police officer assigned to him in the 80's to keep him from creeping on underage girls.
    The amount of baseless conjecture here is astonishing. Are you informed at all about what's going on or are you just reading tweets?

Also lying about being the victim of a crime is a pretty big mistake, especially for someone who is claiming to be the victim of an entirely separate crime. But I guess there's no convincing you otherwise
    Last edited by LucciCP9; March 28th, 2019 at 12:42 AM.

The amount of baseless conjecture here is astonishing. Are you informed at all about what's going on or are you just reading tweets?

Also lying about being the victim of a crime is a pretty big mistake, especially for someone who is claiming to be the victim of an entirely separate crime. But I guess there's no convincing you otherwise
    I'll make this clear: you're free to disagree, but being hostile is not gonna fly here.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    He must really need the money if he aims to force his way into an event where he is clearly not going to be a welcome presence. One would've assumed that ones first reaction would be to try to get out of the public eye after being fired for sex offenses
    I don't think it's about the money. He wants to stop the tide of concessions to the #kickvic movement by making examples of people wherever he can.

He knows that the people running the cons already hate him because of his past behavior (outside of the sexual assault allegations), so he has nothing to lose from holding their feet to the fire.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

But I guess there's no convincing you otherwise
    Well, regardless of whether that person made a mistake or outright lied or something in between, it's like Moriah said: that one person being wrong doesn't immediately invalidate all claims against Vic. The various people who've accused him have been from many different backgrounds--fellow VAs, con staff, con visitors, people who knew him before he became famous--and the majority of them don't know each other. So it doesn't make sense to assume that, because one person was wrong, they all must be.
    Hidden:

Duuuude

Well, regardless, Vic seems happy to attend, knowing full well that a lot of people will likely attend his panel (or protest it) to ask him some hard questions. I'm sure he knows he'll need to be prepared to answer for what's happened over the past month.

The VAs withdrawing just because of Vic are only hurting the industry and the fans. They're being big babies and it's really sad to see.

Its actual sad to see fans defend Vic and the shit he pulled thats the real damage

If people can say yes to Trump, then there is people that can say yes to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    The VAs withdrawing just because of Vic are only hurting the industry and the fans. They're being big babies and it's really sad to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Its actual sad to see fans defend Vic and the shit he pulled thats the real damage
    Clearly it's not a great situation for anyone. Normally I'd say it's within the con's rights to honor their agreement with Mignogna, and within the guests' rights to not attend if they feel the need to make that statement. With the contracts involved, it's a lot more thorny for everyone. But if the guests are willing to face litigation for what they believe is right, I still think that's their right and I don't blame them for that.

But it is the fans who are losing, being stuck in the middle of all this. Whether Vic could have just stayed away, or the other guests could have toughed it out, it feels like fans are getting lost in the shuffle. It's not a tragedy, but it's not fair for them either way.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I'll make this clear: you're free to disagree, but being hostile is not gonna fly here.
    That's not hostility

I'm just admitting that nothing I say will convince him otherwise, because we're all just repeating the same arguments over and over. I think the truth will speak for itself eventually but even then I think some of these people will refuse to accept it

The accusers who aren't just Anonymous posters have proven time and time again to be untrustworthy, unhinged, and willing to go above and beyond to manipulate others. To trust them completely is a mistake. Just like trusting Vic is a mistake. It's stupid to believe a stranger without a shred of evidence and it's making some people act like vicious idiots. A lot of the posts in this thread are acting as if the truth is already out there, and are so condescending. But in a few months we'll see. I just don't think it's wise to pass judgement without evidence
    Last edited by LucciCP9; March 28th, 2019 at 10:00 AM.

That's not hostility

I'm just admitting that nothing I say will convince him otherwise, because we're all just repeating the same arguments over and over. I think the truth will speak for itself eventually but even then I think some of these people will refuse to accept it

The accusers who aren't just Anonymous posters have proven time and time again to be untrustworthy, unhinged, and willing to go above and beyond to manipulate others. To trust them completely is a mistake. Just like trusting Vic is a mistake. It's stupid to believe a stranger without a shred of evidence and it's making some people act like vicious idiots. A lot of the posts in this thread are acting as if the truth is already out there, and are so condescending. But in a few months we'll see. I just don't think it's wise to pass judgement without evidence
    This thread is meant to discuss the matter calmly and without blaming each other. Calling anyone "vicious idiots" does not create an open dialogue, nor does throwing your hands up in their face or basically calling them ignorant of the facts.

I'm saying this once more: discuss this without calling into question your fellow user's sanity, capability or morality. That goes for everyone.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Voice actors not going to a con is 'hurting the industry'.

Please, I'd love to know how you think this directly financially "hurts" the industry.

"They're being big babies"

They're being big babies by not actively choosing to go somewhere with someone who acts like a jerk to them?

I mean forget about any of the sexual claims against Vic, multiple actors, con staffs, and fans have all been treated badly by Vic just being a jerk.

What a bad take.

I mean you can disagree with their decisions. But i think it says something about who the real "baby" is here when you're defending people not wanting to go to a con that tricked people and invited the office jerk at the last minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I think you personally insulting me and calling me a baby for not sharing the same views of this situation as you only shows how childish you are yourself, so if you can't stomach me having a different opinion I'd suggest you leave.

All of these allegations are just that, allegations. Nothing of substance, just a bunch of people talking and everyone is supposed to believe them because "numbers". I won't bother responding anymore because I've already known how biased this forum is in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I mean you can disagree with their decisions. But i think it says something about who the real "baby" is here when you're defending people not wanting to go to a con that tricked people and invited the office jerk at the last minute.
    Everything else you said was on point, but we can't go "They're not the babies, you're the baby" and expect things to stay civil.

Everybody, I'm being more strict here because this topic is very sensitive, and it's not something fans should have to deal with at all. But if we are going to deal with it, it has to be with respect for each other. Otherwise, it cannot continue here.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

I don't blame the actors for not wanting to do the convention. Due to the fact that the convention re-invited Vic at the last minute. Which wasn't a great move by them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I don't think it's about the money. He wants to stop the tide of concessions to the #kickvic movement by making examples of people wherever he can.

He knows that the people running the cons already hate him because of his past behavior (outside of the sexual assault allegations), so he has nothing to lose from holding their feet to the fire.
    Yeah but i mean what is his end game then? I mean he can't possibly think that he is going to come out of this with his career intact can he? So unless he aims to make whatever bucks he can from cons and other non-work events that he still has under enforceable contract i don't see what the point of it all would be.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Yeah but i mean what is his end game then? I mean he can't possibly think that he is going to come out of this with his career intact can he? So unless he aims to make whatever bucks he can from cons and other non-work events that he still has under enforceable contract i don't see what the point of it all would be.
    The very first thing he did was turn to the Risembool Rangers and ask them to fight for him in the court of public opinion, so maybe his plan all along has been to assemble a huge army of fans and supporters and have them force the industry to take him back once the dust settles.
    His coworkers hate him and his employers have been extremely unsympathetic, so that's probably the only card he can play.

He seems very confident that there isn't any conclusive evidence that can be used against him beyond the testimony of his accusers, so if he's able to win a defamation suit or two there's a decent chance that he'll be able to find new roles working for other companies in a few years (it's very hard to imagine Funimation ever letting him come back).
    Last edited by RoboBlue; March 28th, 2019 at 06:05 PM.

It's funny to me, the idea of Funi "rehiring" him, as if they otherwise have some obligation to keep giving him roles. Like... popular or not, he's still an actor. It's up to them whether or not to cast him in anything, at all. And if nothing else, the news coming to light, especially from those that personally know him, paint him as someone that's, let's be as kind as possible, hard to work with. Actors get phased out and stop getting roles all the time because of things like this behind the scenes. Nobody wants to cast an actor who will make the process more difficult for the cast and crew, especially when there's other actors out there. I cannot stress this enough, being good at collaboration is essential to a collaborative process.

To be honest, for his fans it's worth it to remember that his sheer popularity is the only reason we know about this at all. Considering the weight of the claims against him, anyone else would have been quietly dropped years ago and nobody would ever have said anything.

Closed Thread

Thread Information