+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 930: Ebisu Town

Default Re: Chapter 930: Ebisu Town

I really get the feeling that Raid suit isn't going to work out as Sanji planned :p
    Successful negro doesn't need a signature.

That cover makes up for two breaks easily. Just glorious!

I'm pretty sure that Sanji and his suit will get a short flashback the moment he puts it on. Wait and chill people.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

I don't think we'll get to see the suit. Next chapter Drake arrives and finds Page in the pool of blood.

Even if Sanji uses the suit, I don't think he knows how to use the powers so he will still use what he has.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLegEd View Post
    I really get the feeling that Raid suit isn't going to work out as Sanji planned :p
    Turns out it just gives him the iron helm from his childhood trauma, as a big joke from the Germa. What they didnt anticipate is that this will have the opposite effect of leveling up Hell's Memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Fact BM could get to Wano that easily without a fleet of marine ships bothers me a little. But is it because Oda didn't want to bother with Marines reacting to it the way they reacted to Shanks and WB meeting, or was some kind of an agreement made on Reverie and world balance was thrown overboard? Remains to be seen. Never mind the fact I dislike seeing this arc get too overpopulated. Think an assortment of shortcuts and inconsistencies is bound to happen.
    Last time the WG decided to fight an Emperor, they had to lure the emperor to their own turf, had multiple traps set and still needed all of the Marine + all of Shichibukai. No way they will try to take an Emperor down just like that, there's a reason why those guys can stay as monolithic figures for decades despite being the most wanted pirates in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLegEd View Post
    There's really no good reason to think this.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Last time the WG decided to fight an Emperor, they had to lure the emperor to their own turf, had multiple traps set and still needed all of the Marine + all of Shichibukai. No way they will try to take an Emperor down just like that, there's a reason why those guys can stay as monolithic figures for decades despite being the most wanted pirates in the world.
    Who said anything about fighting her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I like that Oda came up with a believable reason for Sanji to use the suit - not just that he'll get an edge in the fight, but that he'll be able to use it for a disguise. Add that with Big Mom's comeback and that charming scene of Zoro in Ebisu, and it makes for one really nice chapter. :)
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    So are people happy to see big mum again ? Even if that was short...
    Certainly because

1) one of my predictions was that the Yonkou saga would have three out of four Yonkou perish/lose, while BB and Luffy, to a certain extent, would remain standing. So basically BMP vs Beast Pirates vs New/Worst Generation

2) Means Jinbe will join at the end of Wa No finally.... probably

3) Did not want Elbaf to be mainly about BM and her connection to it, so her appearing makes that less likely, even if a continuation of her arc will certainly be part of the arc

4) and like someone said, puts an even more unpredictable air to the arc

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Indeed.
    I also like that Pirates are actually acting like Pirates here. Sure this is super reckless and they got punished for it, but this is what you should expect from Yonkou.

On the other hand, Akainu: "they have Samurai, what if they are strooooong??? ;__;"
    Well, Akainu is not a pirate, so thatīs the point...

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Huh. The New World sure is a mess. Kaidou panics over Big Mom showing up, yet King alone seemed enough to take them down--even if it's through taking advantage of his mobility and their vulnerable position. I trust Big Mom will come back, but it's weird to see how reckless these top of the world pirates can be.

Kaidou seems to be afraid that Big Mom will tell people some of Kaidos shameful secrets like for example debt he owes her that was mentioned earlier. I think he was afraid of that more than fight itself.

Also I wonder if Big Mom will use Germa 66 snails to reach Wano easily.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It would be better to send Kizaru to kill or capture Katakuri and Cracker. That would weaken Big Mom forces big time and its safer than attacking Big Mom directly.. Then Blackbeard could try to take over Big Moms territory. Though Katakuri is too likeable for it to happen..

I will believe Jinbe finally joins of he ends at the ship at the end of an arc celebrating with them or have a fill in arc.

Not that he suddenly have a new mission again.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Second chapter thread still not closed. And this one not pinned up top. Sorry that this has nothing to do with the chapter, but mods?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

So.. Smoothie came back to actually be a threat and get her own fight this time, right? She's not gonna drown at the bottom of the ocean off-panel, r-right?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Personally, I'm not questioning Big Mom's weakness to ocean water because that is just how it is. I'm confused by her so easily having that weakness exploited. Maybe try not falling into the water? Right now I assume it's for plot reasons.
    The relative shock of the Big Mom scene reminds me how little we've seen sea battles so far into this series. With this much concentration of Devil Fruit users in the New World, there's a whole lot of new perilous situations Oda can create, and so I hope he keeps his word about including more sea battles in Wano.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

I didn't expect to see Sanji use his suit this soon in the arc, so that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    It would be better to send Kizaru to kill or capture Katakuri and Cracker. That would weaken Big Mom forces big time and its safer than attacking Big Mom directly.. Then Blackbeard could try to take over Big Moms territory. Though Katakuri is too likeable for it to happen..
    I was talking more how there was no sign of uproar in Marine HQ or Mariejoia. BM was suddenly on Wano shores, no fanfare. Just business as usual in the New World. Either Oda didn't feel like emphasizing how big of a deal that is for New World to save chapter space or WG doesn't care about maintaining world balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

What would it be then? Legit question

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post

Well, Akainu is not a pirate, so thatīs the point...
    Yeah, the contrast was intentional. People shouldn't expect Pirates to be as reasonable as Fleet Admirals.

That said, I am still disappointed with the Marines post TS. Sure, Akainu not sending forces into unknown territory makes sense, but the narrative post TS was also: The Marines are now a much scarier force of justice!
    I'm not feeling that change in leadership, despite the meeting between Kaido and BM offerering the perfect stage for some absolute justice balance of power shenanigans.

Oh well, maybe they will do the cleanup when the Battle Royal between the pirate factions is over, but... eh. I need some magma fisting in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Yeah, the contrast was intentional. People shouldn't expect Pirates to be as reasonable as Fleet Admirals.

That said, I am still disappointed with the Marines post TS. Sure, Akainu not sending forces into unknown territory makes sense, but the narrative post TS was also: The Marines are now a much scarier force of justice!
    I'm not feeling that change in leadership, despite the meeting between Kaido and BM offerering the perfect stage for some absolute justice balance of power shenanigans.

Oh well, maybe they will do the cleanup when the Battle Royal between the pirate factions is over, but... eh. I need some magma fisting in my life.
    Yep, i do not disagree with that. For the most part, Marines were pretty much only reactionary post-TS instead of trying to actively accomplish something (well, except Fuji i guess) but for now i put it on what Law was talking about in Punk Hazard, namely "the Marines are preparing something huge". Consequently, i put Akainuīs warning not on "we have to be careful" in general, but more like "we canīt deal with unpredictable risks at the moment" due to what they are aiming for.
    Might be wrong, but thatīs the impression i got.
    All in all, i agree that both Akainuīs lack of screentime and inaction when he is actually shown is somewhat disappointing, but since i see Akainu being part of the endgame, i am not worried yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information