+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters(2020)

Default Re: Ghostbusters(2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Ah, I had a bad feeling about the health of the main cast, sad that one of them actually died. But the others are like 60 something? This is nothing for an actor!

They can do a Ghostbusters that obviously adresses the fact that they are old, but without turning it into a seniors parody.
    Akroyd is 67 this year. Murray is 68. Hudson is 73. Weaver is 69. Ramis has died. Even for movie characters toning down the age and faking it, they're way too old to even pretend to "just now be reaching retiring age in a super active job." They would have been too old or that even in the 2016 film.

And Rick Moranis retired from acting twenty years ago, so... no. There's really no getting them back together for a proper sendoff as the old characters at this point. The time for that would have been the late 90's, early 00's at the latest.

Best we've got is the video game from 2009 that got them all to do the voices, and was actually written by Akroyd and Ramis. (I have no idea how they convinced Murray to come in and record lines. Personal favor? Or maybe he was willing because it was only like an hour of his time and he phoned it in)

Last edited by Robby; January 16th, 2019 at 11:09 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Akroyd is 67 this year. Murray is 68. Hudson is 73. Weaver is 69. Ramis has died. Even for movie characters toning down the age and faking it, they're way too old to even pretend to "just now be reaching retiring age in a super active job." They would have been too old or that even in the 2016 film.

And Rick Moranis retired from acting twenty years ago, so... no. There's really no getting them back together for a proper sendoff as the old characters at this point. The time for that would have been the late 90's, early 00's at the latest.

Best we've got is the video game from 2009 that got them all to do the voices, and was actually written by Akroyd and Ramis. (I have no idea how they convinced Murray to come in and record lines. Personal favor? Or maybe he was willing because it was only like an hour of his time and he phoned it in)

I wasn't aware of this, at all.

I might actually watch it when I have the time O_o. The youtube comments seem favorable.

It actually is pretty good. A bit long for an actual film, and awkward because it IS a video game so they're addressing the player from time to time, but pretty solid.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I like the Ghostbusters crossover comic books. Different teams can work, but I think the franchise has the same problem as Star Wars. It's grown so big and so personal to so many fans there'll always be a big chunk of people that hate it no matter what you do.

Anyway, I want it to continue, Ghostbusters is one of the best ideas for a story ever. I say go with the in-universe franchise idea from the comics and give us a different team in a different city (or parallel universe) a movie and give the popular ones sequels.

NNID: jervinnectar

I see nothing wrong with having the old guys heavily involved with whatever's happening now. Old folks that age still work all over the world, doing all types of jobs, especially fairly unofficial ones like "Ghostbusting" where the retirement and Social Security benefits are likely not up to snuff. I'd wager we'll get some kind of passing of the torch, at least, from these guys. And if the torch has already been passed, they'll still be involved, heavily, in some way or shape.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Are we living in an era that nobody can make something original that will be imprinted to future generations, so they have to resort to nostalgia to make quick cash?
    Yes, 100 times yes.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Can we just pick up the characters of Extreme Ghostubusters to avoid the unnecessary complains about casting?

Or, the New Ghostbusters (Janine, Kylie from Extreme GB, FBI Agent Ortiz, and Ron [a guy who tried to start his own ghostbusting business using stolen proton pack plans]) from the comics. Switch Janine with her daughter or niece, throw in a Walter Peck character trying to keep them under his/her thumb, and there we go.

NNID: jervinnectar

Can we just let Ghostbusters rest in peace? The only good things that came out of it was the original movie, the animated show, and Ecto Cooler. They could have made up for the awfulness of the sequel if they picked back up right away, but after all these years I can't imagine it would be anything but depressing.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Like Nectar, I've been enjoying the hell out of IDW's Ghostbuster comics (their Ninja Turtles and recently ended Transformers books are also excellent) and wouldn't mind seeing some sort of influence in there. Although I doubt a dimensional portal that allows access to the 2016 universe would work as well in a movie.

But I'd have no problem with a passing of the torch type movie where the 80s guys are masters in their fields and have a team of trainees who are science savvy enough to introduce new elements and angles to capturing ghosts.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post

But I'd have no problem with a passing of the torch type movie where the 80s guys are masters in their fields and have a team of trainees who are science savvy enough to introduce new elements and angles to capturing ghosts.
    I think that'd pretty much have to be it...unless it's a last hurrah and they all go out one more time to save the world or something, and they just find someone to take Egon's place.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

The cast will be 4 teens, two male and two female from what I have read, but I am sure the old cast will be back to pass the torch and play a mentor role. Aykroid already confirmed he would be in the movie months ago, so bringing Hudson and Murray in as well shouln't be a big deal, considering Jason Reitman is directing and there is obvious history there.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

That trailer largely did nothing for me. Nothing outside of the nostalgic memorabilia felt like Ghostbusters to me. I did kinda dig the mega toyetic Ecto1 battle seat tho.
    [

Whatever you do, don't read the comments.

Thats a steadfast rule when dealing with YouTube.
    [

But didn't they say some of the old guys are in the new movie? So they were just talking about cameos and the main cast is a bunch of kids?

Thanks, I hate it. But I guess it's just one of those movies you're supposed to take your children to. Some nostalgia for you and the kids swallow *whatever* anyway.

Whatever you do, don't read the comments.
    Bile Fascination here but what are they bitching about now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Mostly comments about how everyone ignores the 2016 movie and how THIS is a Ghostbuster trailer the franchise deserved. Oh, and comments about one of the child actors who apparently has some sort of fanbase.

Personally I'm just mega bitter because they teased with the old actors coming back... and now I'm confronted with this main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Douchebros cheering about how they were right all along about the 2016 movie being a travesty, and they were right all along for trashing that "feminazi sjw crap".

Nevermind that Ghostbusters 2 exists and is the actual worst Ghostbusters movie.

Douchebros cheering about how they were right all along about the 2016 movie being a travesty, and they were right all along for trashing that "feminazi sjw crap".

Nevermind that Ghostbusters 2 exists and is the actual worst Ghostbusters movie.
    Especially since the problem with the 2016 Ghost Busters movie wasn't the women leads, just bad writing and gross out humor and bringing nothing new to the table in terms of plot

They could have done the exact same movie with men and it would be just as bad if not worse

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information