Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Default Re: Chapter 928: Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran

Reminder that Lucky Roo killed a guy in the first chapter

Spoiler:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Now that the chapter is finally out i can officially be amazed that Shanks dismembers people.

Makes you wonder what he would've done to Hiruma if he hadn't been eaten
    Meh, I could easily see him getting stuck on something during his fight with them, and the only way of saving his life was cutting off his arm.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Maybe there's just no reason to hide Hiyori's identity at all, and that's why we got it all so obviously portayed, Tama in the other hand, might actuallly be related to Komurasaki in some way, but she's not a random civilian to me.

P.D. Maybe stick a VPN along with the official release, so lots of people don't get trolled with; Sorry your third-World country doesn't get to read One Piece. Message

[QUOTE=Monquito;3955284]Meh, I could easily see him getting stuck on something during his fight with them, and the only way of saving his life was cutting off his arm.

Clearly he did it for fun. A party trick.

That's why Hawkeye doesn't want to party with him anymore.

Shit gets crazy at a Shanks party.

Sorry your third-World country doesn't get to read One Piece.
    Story of my life. It's weird to think that like 10 years ago the world was at your fingertips. Anything you could think of could be found through torrents or what not. And now you have to be forced back into a box where you have to wait 6 months to receive content the US had since like early summer. Talk about regression. Like when you heard oh they are going to add streaming services and subscription services like this it sounded sweet, like fuck yeah i'd get a hulu or a viz or whatever, but nope it's US only US only US only and outside you can scurry around looking for scraps. Forget flying cars and sci-fi i'm still waiting for the obsolete region locking system to go the fuck away already.

Discovered Stowaway

Consolidated opinion of the chapter:

- This forced rivalry between Luffy and Kid that Oda took out of absolutely nowhere is simply not working for me. Sorry, bye.

- The more I reread the chapter, the more I like Komurasaki. REALLY! I said in the spoiler thread I would like her to be a true villain if it turns out she really is Hiyori, but I take it back. After seeing the disproportionate hate she is getting in many places, I really hope we can revisit this chapter later under a different light and she makes everyone eat their words.
    That said, I really hope once we find the truth about her and is revealed she is one of the good guys, she remains this cold badass manipulative bitch instead of turning prim and proper.

- Oh, and I hope she and Kyoshiro have some sort of romance/partnership/friendship going on instead of him just being a VIP client. Both of them and Toko are the characters that instantly caught my interest in Wano, so it would be good to have them all being connected. Just add the witching-hour boy in the group and I will be 100% happy

- Long John Silvers Rayleigh suggested on the spoiler thread Komurasaki/Hiyori could be Tama's mother. It would fit the purple color theme and Hiyori would be 18 when she became a mother (so an ok age to show pregnancy in the manga). But most importantly, if Tama can't be Hiyori herself, being Hiyori's successor would justify she sharing the Momotaro theme with Momonosuke, something I am struggling to get.

Yep the whole Kidd have serious beef just annoys me in how scattershot it feels. It was already annoying when the whole I attack Big Mom wasn't a precursor to his future target but at least you could say t was just minor skirmishes. But this clearly establish KIdd has having major beef with each emperor. He straight up fougt Big Mom Lieutenant, lost body parts to Shanks and is now a prisoner of Kaido. I want focus not "I definitely have valid reason to have a major confrontation with all yonko's that feels they should get follow up". But Kidd has always been the weirdest supernova to me. Lots of hype an unearned reputation.

I was in the side of the old man until they sold their family. If you are selling your family I have big trouble having sympathy for you. Also I join my voice to the others that believe the courtisan is Hiyori. I just continue to find the image weird of Little sister Hister Hiyori having a tearful reunion with her kid brother. Boggles my mind.
    Last edited by desa; December 21st, 2018 at 06:32 PM.

Old Man Hyou has the same haircut that Ace Devil Fruit. I'm sure he knew him a long time ago.

But it's not a new rivalry?

Just about their first interaction was when Kid, Luffy, & Law first "competed" to one-up each other outside the Auction House at Sabaody.
    When Kid tried to offer to clean up the marine forces for the others, each of them, offended, told the others that they'd be the one to take care of it, in ch.504.
    And when Luffy proclaimed he'd be the man to find One Piece shortly after they wiped out the marines, Law & Kid both reacted to it.

It's been some time since we've spent any time with Kid, but these three pirate captains definitely see each other as rivals. Kid & Luffy boasting at each other is plenty in keeping with how they've behaved before, and will probably continue to play out in One Piece's long game—temporary alliances aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    - This forced rivalry between Luffy and Kid that Oda took out of absolutely nowhere is simply not working for me. Sorry, bye.
    Luffy passed his bounty his first week in the NW. And now he is the fifth emperor and has 3 times the bounty. I think Oda dropped the pretense.

- The more I reread the chapter, the more I like Komurasaki. REALLY! I said in the spoiler thread I would like her to be a true villain if it turns out she really is Hiyori, but I take it back. After seeing the disproportionate hate she is getting in many places, I really hope we can revisit this chapter later under a different light and she makes everyone eat their words.
    That said, I really hope once we find the truth about her and is revealed she is one of the good guys, she remains this cold badass manipulative bitch instead of turning prim and proper.
    I expect that we will see that the reason her upper face is hidden is because she is crying when manipulating those people.

Nice of Kid giving Shanks a new arm.

NNID: jervinnectar

I know I'm the minority here but I'm really hoping that the straw hats get there own 1 vs 1 fights like in Albasta/Enies Lobby

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I know I'm the minority here but I'm really hoping that the straw hats get there own 1 vs 1 fights like in Albasta/Enies Lobby
    That seems like something many wait for.

I still like Law more as rival then Kid. Since they are both Ds and that will be way more important for the main story then both having CoCs. And there is also the thing that Law doesn't wannabe the new shanks.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; December 22nd, 2018 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I still like Law more as rival then Kid. Since they are both Ds and that will be way more important for the main story then both having CoCs. And there is also the think that Law doesn't wannabe the new shanks.
    I second this sentiment. This face to face rivalry seems a bit unnatural, of course I like Kid's go getter attitude and Shanks crew still being badasses. I actually enjoyed the Raizo and Hyou bit a little more than Kid stuff. Just me though.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Content not available in my location
    What the hell

[QUOTE=wolfwood;3955291]
    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Meh, I could easily see him getting stuck on something during his fight with them, and the only way of saving his life was cutting off his arm.

Clearly he did it for fun. A party trick.

That's why Hawkeye doesn't want to party with him anymore.

Shit gets crazy at a Shanks party.
    It ain’t a Shanks party until somebody got shanked or lose a limb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Komurasaki may be the woman Oda was talking about in “26th Log” book published in November, 2017.
    He said, “I should make a beautiful woman appear in *there* in the future.!!”
    Oda also said he loved strong-willed woman.

Here is my full translation last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Question: What characters were hard to make their designs?

Oda: Hancock and Shirahoshi. It really bothers me to make designs of beautiful women since the amount of female faces I like are limited considering the long serialization of ONE PIECE.
    I can make designs of male characters as many as I want. I can draw various female characters' faces such as Amazon Lily women,
    but things are different when it comes to "beautiful woman".

I hyped up my audience that Hancock is incredibly beautiful although I didn't specify her detailed designs before she appeared.
    It means I had to convince my audience of Hancock's beauty once she actually appeared in manga.
    I managed to find a solution about what kind of face the most beautiful woman in the world would have.
    I was relieved to see Hancock became a popular character.

However, I hyped up my audience again thoughtlessly that Mermaid Princess is as beautiful as Hancock!!
    One more female character as beautiful as Hancock..!? Actually, I'm kind of a person who can expect my potential in the future.
    Then, I produced a beautiful character named Shirahoshi. She was the first woman during my more-than-10-years-serialization whose eyebrow was downward-sloping!!
    (the eyebrows which make her look like as if in trouble)
    I hadn't drawn a woman like Shirahoshi since I love strong-willed women, but I enjoyed the drawing process of Shirahoshi, thinking, "She looks nice than expected."

Now then, I should make a beautiful woman appear in "there" in the future...!!

Quote Originally Posted by huron View Post
    Content not available in my location
    What the hell
    Because it's VIZ and isn't accessible in Europe without a VPN.

Default Chapter 928: Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    That would be the best case scenario, not every one the person needs to have a morality so well defined in black-n-white. This is a manga about pirates after all.

- Long John Silvers Rayleigh suggested on the spoiler thread Komurasaki/Hiyori could be Tama's mother. It would fit the purple color theme and Hiyori would be 18 when she became a mother (so an ok age to show pregnancy in the manga). But most importantly, if Tama can't be Hiyori herself, being Hiyori's successor would justify she sharing the Momotaro theme with Momonosuke, something I am struggling to get.
    Agree with both, that would fit very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any problem with the Quote option?

They belong to the Natives CongoJack's Avatar

'Sorry, that website is not available in your country.'

Fun things happening @ Viz, but like most of the time quite a few countries are left out. Have fun with those new possibilities, guys. Collini...out.
    building Theme Parks with Blackjack and Hookers since 2002 - still forgetting the Blackjack.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information