+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw-man

Default Re: Chainsaw-man

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I'm still current with it. I just find him annoying. For me each chapter feels like a vignette of random dialogue and interactions. There's no real flow to me. I'll stick with it a little longer but I'll probably drop it.
    I think there are two ways of writing - writing with goal to craft a story, and writing as way of exploring and researching something. There is no flow, because the focus seems to be to explore morality and humanity of them crazy characters.

Exactly.
    There are character driven and plot driven ways to write a story.
    Asking for plot and world building and using it as an indicator isnt always the best way.

The point of the series is to look at different forms of Communication Disorder so its definitley character driven. There's just another element being the romance sub-plot that people are interested in.

Discovered Stowaway juiceduphody3315's Avatar

Reze no!!! She was made very likeable that last panel with her smiling at Denji, then we get the new bad guy saying he skinned his last targets family. Also maybe he had something to do with that devil Hunter Aki killed in that devil's stomach. I wonder if this guy has something to do with Aki's horrible fate. But if I were the new baddie I wouldn't mess with Makima.

Introducing the likeable love interest in one chap and the murderous fridgestuffing scumbag in the very next feels kinda cheap. Random twists are appreciated now even more in that regard.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Shit. Shit. Shit. Best Shoujo is in danger.
    https://m.imgur.com/a/UUdDr4Y

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Shit. Shit. Shit. Best Shoujo is in danger.
    https://m.imgur.com/a/UUdDr4Y
    Spoiler:
    Well that's odd. I wonder if Angel and new girl are connected.

If she dies now I'll be so grumped out. Gotta let her survive it only to die later in a completely unforeseen circumstance.

https://readms.net/r/csm/043/6266/3
    Spoiler:
    Oh shit it's a trap, a real KGB trap.

Spoiler:
    This development I like.

Spoiler:
    Nice ! Initially was expecting her to be a devil or something similar, but she had me fooled until the sudden turnaround on the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Discovered Stowaway juiceduphody3315's Avatar

Nice RNC. I'm gonna guess she is directly under the gun devil. Makima vs Reze incoming!!

https://readms.net/r/csm/044/6279/1?mobile=1

Spoiler:
    Xenomorph bomb lady. Okay then lol.

I bet she just wants a quiet life.

Spoiler:
    Tsar Bomb Devilwoman. Niiiice.

I retroactively sighed in relief for Reze song being in russian and not... well, other languages.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I retroactively sighed in relief for Reze song being in russian and not... well, other languages.
    Well the Soviet Union still exists in the Chainsaw-verse, so er...other languages may not related to bombs there.

That girl's da bomb, eh?

Hidden:
    Honestly, we all knew that this was never going to end well for poor Denji. But he got a kiss out of it so I suppose he considers it worth it.

Also, how awesome is sharkbro?

The moment when Denji talk about his job is very funny. It's so incogruous. Bomb design is great. Can all demons disguise themselves as humans ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information