+ Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 645 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 ... LastLast
Results 12,761 to 12,780 of 12887

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Wait, Marvel switched their release dates again? Why?

EDIT: Looked it up, so they are going back to releasing "only" three movies in 2022 and 2023 instead of four per year? I'm actually happy about that, four was a bit too much with all the Disney + shows coming out, too. Three is perfect.
    Last edited by Riddler; October 25th, 2021 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Wait, Marvel switched their release dates again? Why.
    Black Widow, Shang Chi and Venom 2's poor performances in box office would be the main reason.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritics scores have early Eternals reviews on the low end of Marvel reviews; they seem mostly mixed tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Not getting great reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Black Widow, Shang Chi and Venom 2's poor performances in box office would be the main reason.
    COVID fucked over Black Widow and Shang-Chi, and I'm mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Wait, Marvel switched their release dates again? Why?

EDIT: Looked it up, so they are going back to releasing "only" three movies in 2022 and 2023 instead of four per year? I'm actually happy about that, four was a bit too much with all the Disney + shows coming out, too. Three is perfect.
    Because Sony insists on also doign Spiderman spinoffs so that fills the market even more. We still have that Morbius thing coming down the line, and Spiderverse 2.. So the Sony stuff on top of their stuff, on top of them doign a million tv series, is finally hit the threshold.

Same reason they realized a Star Wars movie every single year was too much. There IS a saturation point.

I don't know why marvel films can tolerate several a year while Star Wars can only tolerate one every two years... but probably because it spent decades being an event, and there's more variety to the Marvel stuff..
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

No way home would be the actual test, with a continuation and not in the high point of caution/panic like black widow released, but, it is covid. Even if people are willing to go to the movies, the seats are only half full.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Another way to check, if it is Marvel fatigue the drop should be larger than other movies.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Star Wars has a lot less to do with saturation and more the fact that the sequel trilogy had half of a good film in an entire trilogy and nobody was really that excited by the idea of a Han Solo prequel.

Plus I really don't know that the Marvel market is saturated either; Black Widow and Shang Chi are two of the highest earning films since the pandemic started and their domestic numbers aren't too far off from the average Marvel film that is starting a new series in the franchise. If you add in the Disney+ numbers, Black Widow is actually between GotG and Iron Man and that was a film about a character we knew was dead going in.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Because Sony insists on also doign Spiderman spinoffs so that fills the market even more. We still have that Morbius thing coming down the line, and Spiderverse 2.. So the Sony stuff on top of their stuff, on top of them doign a million tv series, is finally hit the threshold.

Same reason they realized a Star Wars movie every single year was too much. There IS a saturation point.

I don't know why marvel films can tolerate several a year while Star Wars can only tolerate one every two years... but probably because it spent decades being an event, and there's more variety to the Marvel stuff..
    Plus, DC is also releasing 3-4 movies a year again and ultimately, both studios are catering to the same audience and doing the same genre. So, yeah, good decision. I'm really into the MCU still, but even I am getting a bit tired that I basically need to watch Eternals, the new Spider-Man and the new Hawkeye show in the span of two months, that's too much even for me.

Seriously though, does anybody care about that stupid Morbius movie at all?? I really wish Sony would just stop doing their own live-action superhero films, especially if they start connecting it to the MCU. I don't want these sucky movies to be part of the MCU, which has a pretty stellar track record without them.

I'm personally not shocked that Eternals apparently isn't that great. It was easily the upcoming MCU film I was looking forward to the least.

Hey if the MCU can have Dark World, Iron Man 3, & now the Eternals they can have a few more iffy movies thrown in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Hmmm, currently 72% on RottenTomatoes.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/eternals

To me that says "unfortunate" but not "epic fail". So far.

Can't say I'm surprised by the lackluster reviews. Everything about the trailer just felt really basic and...well, vague. Like I'm not even sure what these characters are about or why I should care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Wait until Disney gets the rights to Harry Potter

Also I’m surprised they haven’t tried doing the shared universe formula with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it seems like the perfect series for that and now that they bought fox I think they have the rights to it
    Last edited by Shiebs; October 26th, 2021 at 01:30 PM.

Bill Murray has joined the cast of 'Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania'.

(Or, I guess, he already filmed for it and is just now being announced.)
    Last edited by Robby; October 27th, 2021 at 04:51 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

That's awesome! Now I'm looking forward to that movie even more!

Discovered Stowaway

I'm still going to see Eternals on opening weekend but definitely will have my expectations tempered by the reviews. I was not anticipating it would be that great considering just how much they'll need to cover in the span of a single movie's runtime. A team of something like a dozen new characters that most audiences aren't familiar with, plus all the supporting cast and villains? I have no idea how they planned to balance all that but it feels like it probably doesn't if it's not even getting a middle C grade.

I do care about Morbius though, I feel like it will help open the door to things like Ghost Rider coming back to the big screen and that kind of dark subject matter. But seriously, there needs to be some room for the MCU to be rated R. Let There be Carnage really needed that and didn't get it. Something like Blade that's coming up for a reboot deserves to get proper bloody. Even if they have to be released under the Fox Studios banner they can still share a continuity. They could even do re-releases in PG-13 like that Deadpool 2 Xmas thing.

Worst reviewed MCU movie of all time

Sony need to stop playing around and just it all out. I'm here for the chaos. They have too many characters for the live action field.

Miles would be easy money
    Spoiler:

Felicia is in development purgatory with Silver Sable
    Spoiler:

Alpha
    Spoiler:

Elias
    Spoiler:

Marty
    Spoiler:

Kev Trench is another one in development limbo
    Spoiler:

Rocket Racer was poppin in the Spiderman cartoon from the 90s. A Baby Driver like film would be fire
    Spoiler:

S.H.O.C.
    Spoiler:

Solo is a beast.
    Spoiler:

They've used her on the latest Spiderman cartoon and they were pushing the Wraith agenda in my game. Might be testing her out before a live action appearance
    Spoiler:

Marc has been tasked with writing her film, so Jackspot has a step up on most of these characters anyway
    Spoiler:

Period piece for Ezekiel.
    Spoiler:

Start him off in a Spiderman film, then give em his own. Ben clone will always have a place in my heart.
    Spoiler:

Well, she's been in IW and Homecoming, Sony has a series set up for her that will be on Amazon Prime with writers attached.
    Spoiler:

I'm here for the Miguel agenda. Got Ezekiel in the past and Miguel in the future. Use some of the current and past based series and films to their advantage and display it's effects on his era.
    Spoiler:

I know zilch about Morbius other than he's a vampire, but hey if I'm gonna watch a vampire movie this is the kind of vampire I want to watch:

If nothing else, the action scenes look legit.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

realistic doesn't have to be boring, you know?

the colour palette and the special effects seem to be as sleep inducing as Venom ones. won't see it at all

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information