+ Reply to Thread
Page 608 of 608 FirstFirst ... 108 508 558 598 606 607 608
Results 12,141 to 12,157 of 12157

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I definetely see where you're coming from, but while MCU Spidey certainly can be a bumbling, well, kid, I do think he sells a certain kind of wish fulfilllment; P
    Oh my God. Everything makes so much sense now. MCU Spider-Man isn't Spider-Man. He's... he's...

MCU Spider-Man is Harry Potter. transphobic creator withstanding for now... I can't stop laughing at how accurate this is for me now.

Being serious though, the wish fulfillment angle only hammers my point home about how Into the Spider-Verse did everything the MCU movies tried to do but only needed one film and without compromising the relatable working class underdog core of the character.

In other news though...

Looks like Doctor Strange will also be appearing in MCU Spider-Man 3.

Welp, so much for Spider-Man 3 being a solo Spidey movie where Peter has moved on from appealing to mentor figures.

Everybody is interpreting this news to speculate if MCU Spider-Man 3 will be a live-action adaptation of Spider-Verse and/or One More Day.

For now, I can't fathom how you could make either of those stories work for a compelling emotional arc with a lighthearted high school Peter Parker that Into the Spider-Verse didn't already do in spades unless you use the One More Day elements to erase everyone's memory of Peter's identity being exposed. Which would be another slap on the wrist for MCU Peter's supposed consequences.

Unless maybe you have Aunt May get killed as a result of Peter's identity getting exposed, and the movie actually sticks with that to the end unlike the comic. Damn, that would be pretty dark and compelling. But I don't trust the MCU to take risks like that (heroic sacrifices at the end of the actor's contract don't count, I'm talking a cold blooded assassination attempt and hospitalization here). And they would need to develop May as a character so I actually care about her since she's only been a joke 95% of the time.
    Last edited by Count Mario; October 9th, 2020 at 02:42 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Unless maybe you have Aunt May get killed as a result of Peter's identity getting exposed, and the movie actually sticks with that to the end unlike the comic. Damn, that would be pretty dark and compelling.
    And unfortunately redundant in light of the video game already taking things back to 94.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    And unfortunately redundant in light of the video game already taking things back to 94.
    Damn, you're right lol. Well, it helps enforce why Spider-Man PS4 is arguably the best (pseudo) live action Spider-Man movie.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Woo! That be awesome! I loved the dynamic between Spider-Man and Doctor Strange back in the Avengers movies. I'm honestly excited about this revelation.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - ねこのりん; Character - Ayumi; Series - Pokémon

Honestly, opening Spider-Man 3 with a super dark "Peter fails to stop May from being killed" and then the Peters from other continuities coming in an helping him deal with it and also reverse it would be an interesting break from the films being up-beat all the time.
    She/Her

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Unless maybe you have Aunt May get killed as a result of Peter's identity getting exposed, and the movie actually sticks with that to the end unlike the comic. Damn, that would be pretty dark and compelling. But I don't trust the MCU to take risks like that (heroic sacrifices at the end of the actor's contract don't count, I'm talking a cold blooded assassination attempt and hospitalization here). And they would need to develop May as a character so I actually care about her since she's only been a joke 95% of the time.
    They really cannot kill Aunt May. This franchise more than any other in the MCU is geared at younger folk.

These films feel very much like a Disney sitcom to me. Everything looks perfect. Everyone's is a "character" if you know what a mean, with their own unique quirks. Auth may is one. Ned is one. Flash Thompson certainly is one. No one is ever bloody real! I loved how Raimi's Spidey had no money, wore cheap clothing, lived in a crappy apartment. And despite all that, he was a hero still. Holland's Spidey has good friends, lives in a good house where the lack of a "Ben" is not felt at all, gets free tech from Tony.

^ It's funny because in the new cartoon Peter essentially finds himself in a position of wanting to unburden May who has to pay for his scholarship to Horizon.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

So, I'll just assume Strange is absorbing the role of Madam Web here.

Kinda like what they did with the Vision, bassically playing Warlock's role.

New Blade DVD teaser:

Last edited by Satsuki; October 15th, 2020 at 04:23 PM.

That is Wesley Snipes. It's a trailer for the original 1998 Blade movie getting re-released in 4K this December.

Spoiler:

OMG, I'm so embarrassed. Well, Wesley is the man.

That fucking happened. LMAO!
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Haha, I'm sorry Satsuki, but that was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    OMG, I'm so embarrassed. Well, Wesley is the man.
    The thing that surprises me is that you didn’t delete the trailer

No wonder the scenes seemed too much familiar.

Also, i'm pretty sure only Disney and Sony can make Marvel movies nowadays.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

To be fair, it's still something we are getting it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

To be fair, it's still something we are getting it this year.
    We're getting Into The Bladeverse with Wesley Snipes, Stick Fingaz, & Mahershala Ali?

We'll edit instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information