+ Reply to Thread
Page 606 of 611 FirstFirst ... 106 506 556 596 604 605 606 607 608 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 12205

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

MCU Spider-man seems to be angling in the direction of hoovering up the parts of previous Spider-man movies that aren't completely terrible.

What a weird turn of events. I wonder if we'll get other live action Spider-Man actors returning to old roles now? Come on, just go crazy and give us a crossover between the main three live action Spideys!
    She/Her

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Or better yet. Give us a single working class Spider-Man that isn't hanging out with billionaires and government agents.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Or better yet. Give us a single working class Spider-Man that isn't hanging out with billionaires and government agents.
    Single can't hold down a job working class Spider-Man you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Single can't hold down a job working class Spider-Man you mean.
    More like a single Peter having any kind of job whatsoever. There hasn't been a movie or show with a working Peter Parker since the 2000s.

Spider-Man adaptations nowadays don't like having Peter be a photographer for some reason. The comics and PS4 game have him be a scientist, but it'll practically be a decade before MCU Spider-Man can reach that point.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Spider-Man adaptations nowadays don't like having Peter be a photographer for some reason.
    Would be weird with the comics themselves not knowing what job they want Peter to have. Especially if it's a job that allows him to utilize his genius side.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

I mean, isn't he supposed to start his story in high school? Maybe next movie he can start getting into photography for the school newspaper. Wait, do we even know what year he's in?

Spider-Man adaptations nowadays don't like having Peter be a photographer for some reason.
    Multiple reasons. One of them is people have realized over the years that "Hey, wouldn't Jonah be a LITTLE supicious that this one guy is ALWAYS able to get Spidey photos?" at some point it becomes the case that Peter has to pretend to just be Spidey's official go to guy that Spidey officially works with, and that leads to awkward places fast.

The main reason though is that newpapers are a dying thing so having Peter work for a *newspaper* instantly dates the material. You can update it to be a news studio or soemthing but then that would need to be actual film and not just photos and that comes back to the Peter being Spidey's publicist angle again even faster. And in a day and age where *everyone* has cameras on their cell phone?

Basically its a big trap that forces the series to be old. SUperman has the exact same problem but its *so* tied to his history they just can't escape it, much like the underwear. At least there they're *reporters* so its not as bad, but being newspaper reporters (that go on worldwide assignments!) is... iffy.

Of course on top of all of that, Peter being a photographer isn't his passion by any means, nor play to his actual strengths, its just what he did out of desperation to scrape together a few bucks and never makes sense as his lifelong career. But so many of his early stories are set at the Bugle, and Jonah is SUCH a character, that he can't get away from it, its just part of the iconography..
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Multiple reasons. One of them is people have realized over the years that "Hey, wouldn't Jonah be a LITTLE supicious that this one guy is ALWAYS able to get Spidey photos?" at some point it becomes the case that Peter has to pretend to just be Spidey's official go to guy that Spidey officially works with, and that leads to awkward places fast.

The main reason though is that newpapers are a dying thing so having Peter work for a *newspaper* instantly dates the material. You can update it to be a news studio or soemthing but then that would need to be actual film and not just photos and that comes back to the Peter being Spidey's publicist angle again even faster. And in a day and age where *everyone* has cameras on their cell phone?

Basically its a big trap that forces the series to be old. SUperman has the exact same problem but its *so* tied to his history they just can't escape it, much like the underwear. At least there they're *reporters* so its not as bad, but being newspaper reporters (that go on worldwide assignments!) is... iffy.

Of course on top of all of that, Peter being a photographer isn't his passion by any means, nor play to his actual strengths, its just what he did out of desperation to scrape together a few bucks and never makes sense as his lifelong career. But so many of his early stories are set at the Bugle, and Jonah is SUCH a character, that he can't get away from it, its just part of the iconography..
    It's a job that not only doesn't interfere with his web-slinging, but enables him to earn money while he's doing it. Part of why I wanted an adult Peter Parker so having to be at school and have a curfew and all that isn't a factor that drags down everything. More Spidey-time, less of the stuff that isn't so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    For Supes I would think it would be enough to just be a reporter for online newspapers/news sources. I mean, the NY Times and the Washington Post DO still have writers and reporters, they just post the stuff online rather than print it on paper. Not that paper news is dead yet.

Similarly for Spidey, online news sources still need SOMEONE to take photos or videos, and modern tech would make it all the easier for Spidey in that all he needs to do is bring his phone around.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Is . . . that a real poster or just some really good fanart?

Just a fan edit.

Among other things its still mid 20's Toby instead of mid 40's Toby.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Is . . . that a real poster or just some really good fanart?
    Yeah sorry, just really good fan art.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

In a now deleted tweet:

And that is Tobey Maguire in the middle. I remember that Spider-man 2 poster quite well. It was a very good poster. Interesting of Foxx to use his specific fan-art.

In general, I'm not excited for Spider-Man 3. Just another goofy Marvel movie at this point. But, if Tobey's Spidey is in it, that has my interest piqued.

There's also evidently a rumor of Tom Cruise possibly playing Iron Man from a different universe (for Doctor Strange).

Meh, after getting all those spider folk, you guys settling down with Toby, and three Peters.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    I

In general, I'm not excited for Spider-Man 3. Just another goofy Marvel movie at this point. But, if Tobey's Spidey is in it, that has my interest piqued.

There's also evidently a rumor of Tom Cruise possibly playing Iron Man from a different universe (for Doctor Strange).
    Someone, somewhere is smoking that good kush......and oh hey another adaptation of Spider-Verse.

A Tobey return is the only thing that could get me interested in another MCU Spidey film, but whatever they do with the Spiderverse movies has my attention.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Someone, somewhere is smoking that good kush......and oh hey another adaptation of Spider-Verse.
    I think Sony already ordered another Spider-verse movie. And yeah for a while now, i think 2016 not so sure, Parker has been the CEO of a tech company. I don'y think they are that much willing to change the new Peter status quo.
    Also to not the actress chosen to be Kamala give a two star review to Captain Marvel, that's the most Kamala move I can Imagine.

I will never understand why people think Maguire was anything approaching a good Spider-Man or Peter. He's easily the worst part of the Raimi films until Topher Grace shows his ugly mug in 3.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information