+ Reply to Thread
Page 535 of 589 FirstFirst ... 35 435 485 525 533 534 535 536 537 545 585 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,700 of 11775

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, just going from the trailer....

Spoiler:
    Is Mysterio presenting himself as a goodguy? Like a cross between Iron Man and Dr. Strange?

If the original Avengers are gone after Avengers 4, or at the very least Tony, that leaves an opening for someone to come in and fake replacement... Thunderbolt style.

I mean, that leaves open a reeeeeeally obvious act 3 twist if that's really what they're going to do... I hope it's not that predictable.

Also looks like Hydroman. Actual Hydoman, or Mysterio illusion?
    Spoiler:
    Isn't one of Mysterio's traits that he pretends to be a hero by fighting their own illusions?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    This is how I remember Hydro Man:

Spoiler:
    ...as a creepy stalker of Mary Jane. I'm sure there have been other interpretations of the character since then.
    I remember a very confusing sub-plot that...
    Spoiler:
    Mary Jane had a water clone.

I mean, at this point, the twist would be that Mysterio actually is a good guy.

Like Cap living through Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

Spoiler:
    Watching the Norwegian dub on Fox Kids (where they had a super weird release schedule where they'd seemingly add ENTIRELY RANDOM new episodes to the lineup, resulting in constant gaps in the story) I think that was actually the last episode we got. They never showed anything that happened after that twist as far as I'm aware. It was only much later that I found out there even WAS more after that.

And I was also shocked when I found out that we only got 13 episodes of this.

I was dissapointed when it started and it was an alternate continuity. Leaving the ginormus clifhanger (where is MJ) of the "Kinping is awesome" animated series.

After my first infinity wars, and original spiderverse, and so much more marvel threads in this.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    This is how I remember Hydro Man:

Spoiler:
    ...as a creepy stalker of Mary Jane. I'm sure there have been other interpretations of the character since then.

Also, on some level I'm sad that every scene with Tom Holland isn't just an empty background.
    Wow, forgot MJ was actually a dude in this version.

Been a while tho. Remember when this looked like perfection incarnate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, just going from the trailer....

Spoiler:
    Is Mysterio presenting himself as a goodguy? Like a cross between Iron Man and Dr. Strange?

If the original Avengers are gone after Avengers 4, or at the very least Tony, that leaves an opening for someone to come in and fake replacement... Thunderbolt style.

I mean, that leaves open a reeeeeeally obvious act 3 twist if that's really what they're going to do... I hope it's not that predictable.

Also looks like Hydroman. Actual Hydoman, or Mysterio illusion?
    Spoiler:
    It definitely gives off the vibe of Syndrome's plan from The Incredibles. Funny how he's using elementals, literally 3 of the four traditional ones, unless he's supposed to represent wind himself or something. I do wonder what the source of his power is, like is his suit and all that made out of some of the alien tech that Toomes was selling while he was in the illegal arms business or did he concoct all of it himself out of normal tech? But the illusions are probably just a cover for simpler things, like maybe the water elemental is just a fire hose shooting off wildly and that's what hits Peter on the bridge, but the illusion is fooling his and everyone else's eyes and ears?

And I'd really love a Thunderbolts movie. They've got Zemo, Toomes and the Abomination still alive, and bringing in Norman Osborn could really make for a good team if they arm them well enough for those without actual superpowers. They have Suicide Squad for showing them what NOT to do in a villain-led cast film.

I could be wrong, but is the pop song they used in the trailer the same one Scott Lang was rocking out to near the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp when he was pretending to play the video game drums as the FBI was racing to his house?
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; January 16th, 2019 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    That was so fucking sad when I was a kid. Still sad now.

Hidden:
    Just her final words of "Before I go... If any part of me is anything like the real Mary Jane Watson... She loves Peter Parker more than anything in the world..."

Ugh... Always gets me.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

The snap would have never happened, cause he always goes for the head.

John Wick >> Thor. xD

To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

I know I'm late to the party even though I saw this thing on opening weekend, but I must say...

There are only two films that have entertained me enough to see at least 3 times in theaters.

1.) The Avengers (2012)

And now

2.) Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse (2018)

So that says all I need to say about how much I enjoyed that movie. And 6 years from now maybe there'll be another one lol.
    Everything's Eventual...

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

In financial news, Spider-Verse is about 9 million away from hitting becoming Sonyís best selling animated film. It should get that before the Lego movie 2 comes out. Wish it did even better but this was a nice win (and probably one of the few things that prevent me from being bummed about HTTYD 3 from being released In the US until the end of February)

@outerspec a sequel and spinoff are already in the works, but I havenít seem Lorde/Millerís name associated with them. One have Santos from Avatar/Voltron fame so that at least will have a solid story I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what heís lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    In financial news, Spider-Verse is about 9 million away from hitting becoming Sony’s best selling animated film. It should get that before the Lego movie 2 comes out. Wish it did even better but this was a nice win (and probably one of the few things that prevent me from being bummed about HTTYD 3 from being released In the US until the end of February)

@outerspec a sequel and spinoff are already in the works, but I haven’t seem Lorde/Miller’s name associated with them. One have Santos from Avatar/Voltron fame so that at least will have a solid story I hope.
    Are the 3 directors attached to the sequel and/or spinoffs?
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

It's still down around seventh place in the worldwide take for the studio since there's a few places where it hasn't come out yet. Plus films like The Smurfs were inexplicably popular in Latin America so it'll probably fall well short on that list.

Though, when endorsement deals are taken into account, it may well be one of Sony Picture Animation's most profitable films already even without DVD sales which is fantastic and it should finish with around four times its production budget worldwide.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Are the 3 directors attached to the sequel and/or spinoffs?
    dunno

And yeah Ubiq forgot to add the caveat of in the US
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what heís lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Black Panther has seven Oscar nominations, including best picture, what the hell?

Stupid. What exactly are we nominating it for Best Picture for? It's a good movie. But it's absolutely nothing special. Nothing special about the acting, the villain, the music, the direction, no particular dramatic moment that elevates the movie. Though better it than Infinity War. Can give it the "surprising it didn't fail" award given the amount of shit that happens

Bohemian Rhapsody is also there. I haven't seen it, but it wasn't exactly a critical darling. I guess Rami Malek's performance performance but it there.

Is one of ten movies. Only one is going to win, and it is not the one with the african prince in a cat suit.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

As the brown person on this forum, the comments and reactions to Black Panther's Oscar Nominations here is pretty indicative of what is wrong with the Oscars to begin with. Smh

Let me further expose my view: the validation of the academy is bleh, a dick measuring contest for movies is meaningles for their true purpose, the ability of art to touch individuals.

The academy won't see beyond the cat suit, or the acusations of racism of every year that they themselves don't see, a "change" this soon is just a publicity stunt, it is going to take time.

Besides, this is a global audience, hollywood hijacks culture of the hemisphere, as competing with that ammount of money, and pedigree is not easy. Cultural and language barriers crumble around the might of the media machine, leaving only niche markets for the rest of America. America the continent btw.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Let me further expose my view: the validation of the academy is bleh, a dick measuring contest for movies is meaningles for their true purpose, the ability of art to touch individuals.

The academy won't see beyond the cat suit, or the acusations of racism of every year that they themselves don't see, a "change" this soon is just a publicity stunt, it is going to take time.

Besides, this is a global audience, hollywood hijacks culture of the hemisphere, as competing with that ammount of money, and pedigree is not easy. Cultural and language barriers crumble around the might of the media machine, leaving only niche markets for the rest of America. America the continent btw.
    Thank you. This sounds a lot better than some of the other knee jerk reactions that I read upon first opening this thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information