+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 919: The Ruins of Oden Castle

Last edited by Shift; September 28th, 2018 at 12:53 AM.

Default Re: Chapter 919: The Ruins of Oden Castle

The Kuwabara of One Piece

I like Kyoshiro's design.. hopefully he would be more relevant to the story more than Urashima did.. We need more badass Wano characters.
    So it appears that the Minks were waiting for the Samurais for whole 20 years after their disappearance. Hence, no effort on meeting prior within those time period.. and when they said Oden was executed n days ago.. it was actually 20 years ago. wowe..

Now, things does get complicated when it will be revealed that Kaido has been occupying Wano for over 20 years already.
    Why does the WG doesn't have intel on this? Or they do have? Awesome chapter.
    Last edited by I♥Taeyeon; September 27th, 2018 at 10:57 PM.

Can't connect...16 chars

"The thief they were talking about"
    I'm right confused now. So is Shuten even a new character or just Law? Shutenmaru kept getting namedropped like he'd be something big but this chapter seems to attribute all the crap Luffy's gang went through in Bakura town to as a reaction to Law's theft.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Hey, it's a little vain, but I deserve to say that I was right to have guessed at the possibility of time travel since 914. That's nice. Of course, there was no definitive proof to believe in this theory blindly, but it was a good catch nonetheless. I'm proud.

Now I'm interested to know what story Oda is writing for Wano. It shows a lot of potential for good and for bad... but you can't really try to write something amazing if you are not willing to be ambitious.

Default Re: Chapter 918: The Ruins of Oden Castle

Good chapter. Enjoyed Law more than usual, as well as the classroom scene, and Kiku.

I almost feel like I’d enjoy ghosts more than time travel, but I’m open minded. I mean, I’ve imagined space travel in OP before (beyond Enel), so what’s the big diff? I just hope there’s no lame time traveling TWIST.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Hey, it's a little vain, but I deserve to say that I was right to have guessed at the possibility of time travel since 914. That's nice. Of course, there was no definitive proof to believe in this theory blindly, but it was a good catch nonetheless. I'm proud.

Now I'm interested to know what story Oda is writing for Wano. It shows a lot of potential for good and for bad... but you can't really try to write something amazing if you are not willing to be ambitious.
    But people have been predicting time travel since Zou
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Spoiler:

Good chapter. That fake out with Kinemon maybe being a ghost almost got me.

I'm surprised Momonosuke is already here.

If it's just going forward in time it shouldn't cause any major inconsistencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    But people have been predicting time travel since Zou
    I didn't know that, but nice. That's an even greater catch, so kudos for them.

But I jumped on the train when there was more evidence to be something that I arbitrarily consider "statistically more relevant" as a possibility.

Did I miss something? Isn't Momo supposed to be arriving later with the second half of the minks? Are Inuarashi and his men in Wano already? If so, the story just completely swept past that.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I didn't know that, but nice.
    It was brought up as an option for Momo talking like he had met Roger.

Purely coincidence

Zoro?!?!?! Where did you run off to now??? =/

I didn't know that, but nice. That's an even greater catch, so kudos for them.

But I jumped on the train when there was more evidence to be something that I arbitrarily consider "statistically more relevant" as a possibility.
    I think Momo claiming to have met Roger was enough evidence since we all know that wasn't gonna be a throwaway comment. There weren't really many other options to explain that. Main ones were Voice of All Things speculation and confusing Ace with Roger, both of which are pretty contrived. All the past few chapters did was essentially confirm our fears of bad plot device, but maybe Oda will give it a good enough spin to avoid the usual time travel issues.
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

The Minks doing Sulong pretty much confirmed 100%

I think Momo claiming to have met Roger was enough evidence since we all know that wasn't gonna be a throwaway comment. There weren't really many other options to explain that. Main ones were Voice of All Things speculation and confusing Ace with Roger, both of which are pretty contrived. All the past few chapters did was essentially confirm our fears of bad plot device, but maybe Oda will give it a good enough spin to avoid the usual time travel issues.
    There were many different ways to understand or to justify Momo's comment. Sure, you can throw time travel in the mix, but that's a pretty wild guess between a myriad of other possibilities with equal lack of evidence. There was no really solid theory back then, but it is good catch if someone had the gut feeling to believe in something that was right.

My recent theory wasn't much better, that's true... but there were enough more elements in the story now to become more than playing "russian roulette".

Discovered Stowaway DarkHamster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The Minks doing Sulong pretty much confirmed 100%
    Assuming momo's mother had time powers, she might've been able to see the future as well. Sent them to the perfect time for all this to line up. W/ sulong, this gives them the powers to take on most of kaido/orochi army fodder.

Now it seems Luffy stands a chance against kaido.

Do you mean time travel is bad plot device? I mean DF powers exist. Nero Nero already shows time can be affected. And laws of physics says traveling forward in time is easier than back (supposedly).

Anyway, this also hints that Kiku is strong, so she better show up or gfto. This arch is going to be lit. HOPPEFULLLY oda shows us more of Wano. more towns and what not. I don't care if we stay in this arc for 5 years b/c i'm enjoying it so much.

I'm also shocked WH or Rogers old crew didn't come to Oden's aid. Assuming Kaido was weaker 20 yrs ago, shows that Oden truly was a force to be reckoned w/ if it took Orochi and Kaido to take him.

It's really convenient that moss head runs off right as swirly brow shows up.

Yahoo! Man what an awesome chapter! I've been so hooked on Smash Bros discussion since June I've barely been able to talk about One Piece outside of my real life circles. Ridley has that kind of power! But I do remember ever so often reading people's theories about time travel. I brushed it off entirely but now it looks like people were on to something and the best part is it didn't just come from no where. Just the way I likes it Oda.

So glad to see the crew mostly united as well!

Is that teacher a 3rd Snake fruit user? Doesn't seem like a Smile.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    "The thief they were talking about"
    I'm right confused now. So is Shuten even a new character or just Law? Shutenmaru kept getting namedropped like he'd be something big but this chapter seems to attribute all the crap Luffy's gang went through in Bakura town to as a reaction to Law's theft.
    I'm confused about this too. I think it might be Law, but I guess we'll just have to wait for other translations to compare it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHamster View Post
    Do you mean time travel is bad plot device? I mean DF powers exist. Nero Nero already shows time can be affected. And laws of physics says traveling forward in time is easier than back (supposedly).
    Noro Noro affects speed, not time. But I mean time travel is generally horribly misused in fiction in general in such a way that creates a lot of plot holes, implications, and why-don't-they-just's. It works better when it's one of the main themes of a work. I'm not confident Oda can do it well. And I think devil fruits work fine in concept, but they've been getting more repetitive or underutilized.
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Gotta respect all the poop humor in this chapter. It makes it a pretty solid One Piece chapter. Well guess in this situation it wasn't solid. ​Hahahaha! Poop Joke!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information