+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 659

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

  1. #461

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Ugh. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I can skip this one too then.
    Um, sorry, but why exactly is that reason to skip the film?

  2. #462

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Ugh. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I can skip this one too then.
    What an odd reason to skip a film... He doesn't usually get much screen time even in the main series so what's the big deal?

  3. #463
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungWhite View Post
    What an odd reason to skip a film... He doesn't usually get much screen time even in the main series so what's the big deal?
    I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this, but Franky is one of the only characters I actually like in one piece. Not saying I hate or even dislike most other characters(aside from Usopp, who I do genuinely dislike) I'm just ambivalent toward them. Franky, Robin, and Brook are really the only reasons I even read the manga anymore, and I haven't watched an episode of the anime since mid dressrosa.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Um, sorry, but why exactly is that reason to skip the film?
    Franky is a very large part of my investment in one piece, so when he doesn't really do anything I'm not especially inclined to pay the series any attention. I know it's weird, but would you watch or read something that you didn't particularly care about if one of the few things you do care about gets shafted into the background?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  4. #464
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    So Nami has Zeus but no Raid Suit Sanji

  5. #465

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this, but Franky is one of the only characters I actually like in one piece. Not saying I hate or even dislike most other characters(aside from Usopp, who I do genuinely dislike) I'm just ambivalent toward them. Franky, Robin, and Brook are really the only reasons I even read the manga anymore, and I haven't watched an episode of the anime since mid dressrosa.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Franky is a very large part of my investment in one piece, so when he doesn't really do anything I'm not especially inclined to pay the series any attention. I know it's weird, but would you watch or read something that you didn't particularly care about if one of the few things you do care about gets shafted into the background?
    If you are a fan of the series than yes?

    I'm a Crocodile for gods sakes.

  6. #466
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    If you are a fan of the series than yes?

    I'm a Crocodile for gods sakes.
    I am a fan of the series...kind of. But my enjoyment comes from certain characters, and not the plot, or story, or anything like that. Despite my favorite characters being strawhats, they're constantly shafted and treated as background characters in favor of characters that I find either boring (Luffy and Zoro) or painfully annoying (Usopp). So I guess I'm still a fan of the series because I've come this far and want to see it through more than anything.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  7. #467
    POE WUN BGR Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Shadow Aaron Island

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    If you find Luffy boring, you might get more enjoyment out of another series. Luffy is the core of the series not only as the main character but as someone with an attractive enough personality to the characters in that world that they're willing to drop their lives and travel with (essentially) a kid.

    Luffy wasn't one of my favs until a few years back but once working with the series I've learned how important his personality is to the core of the series and the characters in that world. Not only that, but Oda basically is Luffy.

    I think you'll save yourself a lot of avoidable grief if you move on.

    If it's any consolation, I'm completely with you on not only having the crew split, or leaving us without certain characters for years at a time. I really wish we'd be able to go back to just the crew but the story is too big for that now.

  8. #468
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you find Luffy boring, you might get more enjoyment out of another series. Luffy is the core of the series not only as the main character but as someone with an attractive enough personality to the characters in that world that they're willing to drop their lives and travel with (essentially) a kid.

    Luffy wasn't one of my favs until a few years back but once working with the series I've learned how important his personality is to the core of the series and the characters in that world. Not only that, but Oda basically is Luffy.

    I think you'll save yourself a lot of avoidable grief if you move on.

    If it's any consolation, I'm completely with you on not only having the crew split, or leaving us without certain characters for years at a time. I really wish we'd be able to go back to just the crew but the story is too big for that now.
    i completely agree with Greg here!

  9. #469

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    So Nami has Zeus but no Raid Suit Sanji
    I guess it makes sense since it will still be a while until he uses it in the anime, while nami got and used zeus since cake island. It was expected we would only see soba mask in the next movie.

    Spoiler:
    But this is still no excuse for sanji's lack of proper fight. like he doesn't even fight smoker alone but with brook. and some small clash at the end with lucci.
    But once sanji goes super sentai, there is no excuse left for movie guys not to give him proper battle.
    .
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; August 10th, 2019 at 03:16 AM.

  10. #470
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you find Luffy boring, you might get more enjoyment out of another series. Luffy is the core of the series not only as the main character but as someone with an attractive enough personality to the characters in that world that they're willing to drop their lives and travel with (essentially) a kid.

    Luffy wasn't one of my favs until a few years back but once working with the series I've learned how important his personality is to the core of the series and the characters in that world. Not only that, but Oda basically is Luffy.

    I think you'll save yourself a lot of avoidable grief if you move on.

    If it's any consolation, I'm completely with you on not only having the crew split, or leaving us without certain characters for years at a time. I really wish we'd be able to go back to just the crew but the story is too big for that now.
    I might've seemed a bit harsh on Luffy by calling him boring, but I only meant that as a comparison to other characters that I enjoy more, and only in my perspective. Luffy being my 5th favorite character isn't deal breaking for me by any stretch. And the series does have great qualities like excellent build up and foreshadowing of future events, near perfect character interactions (even the ones that I don't like are made better by interacting with others) and always finding ways to reintroduce old characters into the current story to keep them relevant( cp9, hatchi, Bellamy-who happens to be my favorite non strawhat character btw). I'm just kind of in a lul because my favorite characters (Franky and Robin) aren't really doing anything right now is all.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  11. #471
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I guess it makes sense since it will still be a while until he uses it in the anime, while nami got and used zeus since cake island. It was expected we would only see soba mask in the next movie.

    Spoiler:
    But this is still no excuse for sanji's lack of proper fight. like he doesn't even fight smoker alone but with brook. and some small clash at the end with lucci.
    But once sanji goes super sentai, there is no excuse left for movie guys not to give him proper battle.
    .
    The whole movie makes no sense if you look at the timeline and that's why they could have used it

  12. #472
    Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    ONE PIECE STAMPEDE broke one of Japan's 2019 box office record, with the largest audience on opening day.

    the number audience: 356،052 (official).


  13. #473
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    The whole movie makes no sense if you look at the timeline and that's why they could have used it
    We already know how Zeus works. They're not going to spoil the Raid Suit's ability before the anime gets to it.



    Spoiler:

  14. #474

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Yep we will have to wait for the next film (not before 3 or 4 years I guess) to see the Raid suit, Ryuoo and all the new stuffs that appear in Wano in a movie.
    Maybe if we have a special episode next summer, we might see those earlier.

  15. #475
    POE WUN BGR Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Shadow Aaron Island

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    It's logistically impossible to have included the Raid Suit.

    It was just in the comic and planning for the film began over a year ago.

    If it was a panel during end credits or something that's a different story but no way it could have been in the main story w/o it being a deal like post-skip Ao Kiji being revealed in Z.

  16. #476

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Is Zeus being in the movie the proof that he's considered to be fully part of Nami's arsenal (BM ain't getting him back) or I'm simply looking too much into it?

  17. #477

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Still no torrent

  18. #478

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    There wont be any until the movie is on DVD and or Blu Ray.

  19. #479

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Film Gold was aired in Japanese TV show 3 hours ago. At the end of the program, new long trailer of Stampede was released.

    Here is the Cam-quality video. Hopefully someone will share the HD version.
    This video might get deleted due to copyright issue, though.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=i6kPNd-q7IQ

  20. #480

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Thanks Sandman
    Can’t wait

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts