+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 915: Bakura Town

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 915: Bakura Town

Sweet! Off to read
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

I think Oda need to set up a time table here because if this takeover was 20 years ago, then we must look to Momonsuke who is supposed to be 10 years old so how does this fit? Oh and that roof must be a balloon but isn't the New World suppose to be a physic defying place?
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Bellamy, you can't make a hobby of dyeing jolly rogers and not yearn to go back to piracy.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Bellamy’s the best now official.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Shanks gonna show up and mentor Bellamy?

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    I think Oda need to set up a time table here because if this takeover was 20 years ago, then we must look to Momonsuke who is supposed to be 10 years old so how does this fit? Oh and that roof must be a balloon but isn't the New World suppose to be a physic defying place?
    Orochi takeover must have happened way before Kaido came and killed Oden. Wano needs to have its own problems that's are unrelsted to Kaido.

I don't mind him settling down, but I do hope Bellamy returns to piracy, the sea is calling.

Man, Luffy has some really killer faces this arc.

Purely coincidence

Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar

I find everything about Holdem’s “power” disgustingly terrifying! If you have a chance of turning out like that I don’t see how anyone who has seen him would even consider eating a smile fruit.
    I know he was supposed to be funny but having another living thing with a mind of its own growing out of your body is nightmarishly disturbing.

Also the Yokozuna is such a hateable character and not even in the good way
    Spoiler:

This chapter was kind of a bummer after the last one. The pay off for Kiku at the end was cool and all, but the build up during the chapter was a little unexciting to me, even a little contrived... but let's see if next week's chapter will change my mind.

Besides that, I keep enjoying seeing more of Wano, but I'm also getting tired of all the exposition about Orochi's overly tyrannical reign. Less is more.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

The anouncer of the tourney has a Baby den den mushi. Until this chapter I thought snails are sth. "beast-pirates-exclusive" on Wano. And Wano doesn't seem to have Berry as a currency, since they are paying in Gold.
    That's interesting.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Fantastic chapter, probably my favorite of the arc so far.

Interesting to see that Bellamy's retired from piracy, but it makes a lot of sense considering he threw in everything with the losing side. Wondering what sort of comeback awaits him.

Holdem was absolutely hilarious, the stuff between him and his lion was spectacular. I'm also glad that he got that joke of a power because it still leaves room for King the Calamity to have eaten the actual lion fruit. If that indeed comes to fruition, I hope Oda doesn't hold back.

The conversation between Urashima and Mouseman was also very interesting. I said in Kiku's debut chapter that I hoped Oda would devote some time to the themes of power hierarchies, and this is exactly the direction I was hoping to be explored. Not to mention that it provided some nice buildup to the climactic scene of the chapter, which was absolutely awesome. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Kiku so far and I REAAAAAAALLLLYYY hope Oda doesn't falter - he's definitely done it before, so there's a lot of doubt, but also hope.

I'd say this chapter is the one that's fully immersed me into Wano and hyped me for the ride. We had, what, three panels of raw exposition this time around? While the rest of the chapter was characters taking in the vibrant scenery and bouncing off each other in really fun ways. Alright Oda, you sold me. Let's see what you got in store.

Also, I hadn't really thought until now that since Wano's borders are closed, no one will probably know who Luffy and Zoro are (Zoro's nationwide notoriety aside) besides Kaido, maybe his top commanders, and the Supernovas in his crew. Not being burdened with their worldwide infamy here should give a lot of opportunities to the Straw Hats.

Spoiler:

I actually hope none of the Calamities has a Lion fruit, feels so cliche (especially considering his name) and dull compared to all of the other possibilities out there. He's already doing really well with Jack having an ancient Zoan, so I hope the others are just as out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I actually hope none of the Calamities has a Lion fruit, feels so cliche (especially considering his name) and dull compared to all of the other possibilities out there. He's already doing really well with Jack having an ancient Zoan, so I hope the others are just as out there.
    Same normal Zoan are being. Even ancient don't interest me so hoping King and Queen have a mythical ones if all the Calamities are Zoan users.

This commoners vs noble talks remind me of the fishmen racism from saobondy archipelago. I don't know where Oda wants to go from here but I agree with theackwardstation that it's becoming to be a bit tiring. I would like to have a more grey story background for once.
    At least Kiku last panel was great on that regards. She's a woman, she's a commoner but she's got pride.

Does Holden need Tama to tame his lion belt ?

I don’t think Luffy’s looked that murderous... ummm ever? I’m not sure what Oda was going for there exactly, but that panel of Luffy using Conqueror’s Haki was the first time I legit felt bloodlust coming from Luffy. Geez, Oda.
    Apart from that, nice chapter, Holdem is amusing, hoping we’ll get introduced to Speed next chapter.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

https://www.mangasail.co/content/one-piece-915?page=8

Nice, we can see a henchmen wielding a Naginata for the first time in Wano iirc. I hope this sets up for some Grade Weapons revel besides swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    She's a woman, she's a commoner but she's got pride.
    Lol no. Her clan got deposed, but she is/was a samurai. Samurai aren't commoners.

Does Holden need Tama to tame his lion belt ?
    That's a pretty interesting thought. Maybe not just Holdem. All smile fruits are probably wild to some extent, and Tama would be a stabilizing influence.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Lao G View Post
    I don’t think Luffy’s looked that murderous... ummm ever? I’m not sure what Oda was going for there exactly, but that panel of Luffy using Conqueror’s Haki was the first time I legit felt bloodlust coming from Luffy. Geez, Oda.
    Apart from that, nice chapter, Holdem is amusing, hoping we’ll get introduced to Speed next chapter.

Luffy is getting into being really STRONG. Like he is closing to likes of Jozu / Katakuri so people that can go toe to toe with an Admiral for quite a big fight. Since he landed in Wano he is smiling at fights a lot, he surely has fun feeling powerful.

Next chapter I imagine that we will see Luffy turning Gear Fourth Tankman aaand he will send Sumo Champion flying all over Wano.

Oh and that Sumo Champion feels like Sanjis 1 vs 1 later on in this arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information